NMS 1.3!

PolskaFly

Captain
Aug 21, 2016
RSI Handle
PolskaFly
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5328iuzHw-w&t=0s

I think it's okay to post content on this forum that is not necessarily about Star Citizen... Either way it looks like NMS has most of what was initially promised including multiplayer albeit only 16 players in one instance though.

Lots of people still hate on the game which is understandable for its' horrible launch, but at this point I think people should be more open minded. I mean, Hello Games did not pull a EA and make all the content that should have been in the original game DLC, but instead they persevered through all the hate and made the updates free, which in my opinion is a better practice than big publishers like EA.

So yea, if you have NMS you should go check it out and if you would like to try out the game it's on sale at Humble Bundle for 60% off - https://www.humblebundle.com/store/no-mans-sky.

Here's the patch notes also - https://www.nomanssky.com/atlas-rises-update/

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Maybe post it in right place would be prudent but then what are we TEST SQUADRON for if not to do it backwards and with eyes closed...
ha ha ha ha ha

But any ways... this seem familiar to me... Other Games..... :joy::joy::joy::joy:

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
On second thought my initial reaction to NO is same on everything I back of then it says Man's Sky... eh! okay... let that sink in.. Man's sky...

Yeah!.... I 'm running the other way and trust my first instinct ...NO! :radioactive::scream:

Last edited:

PolskaFly

Captain
Aug 21, 2016
RSI Handle
PolskaFly
July 28th. That video was released July 28th. New major update has hit since then.

EDIT - Image isn't loading/working for some reason, but the creator of that video just said in the comments about 2 hours ago that it "Turns out the update looks fairly substantial! I'll try it out when I get the chance and may do a follow up to this!". So as I pointed out this video is meaningless at this moment.

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
Fair enough. I'm still of the "meh" attitude towards NMS though. I hope it is a good update. I am all for any and all games in the genre being successful. We need it. Nerds need it.

The Steam charts do indicate that people are enjoying the update. Or at least they are interested. (+~6k players in a few days)

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I'm having fun, but I feel like it would be better to start from scratch with 1.3. I'm not, however, grinding out the 48 slot ship and suit and 24 slot multitool a second time.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Installed it. Tried again. Still shit. Still runs like shit, still looks like shit, shit controls, shit interactions, shit flight mechanics, shit AI, pretty cool goofy armpit raptors, shit grinding, shit vehicles (Except for the zippy lil hover craft thingy), and shit loading time. Uninstalled. 0.2/5

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Honestly, NMS was so blatantly and completely a scam upon release that I just can't look at it again. That program will never touch my hard drive ever again. I refuse to take any action that could possibly condone or forgive what happened when the game released. To say that I was burned is an understatement. It's not about the $60. It's about the blatant lies that have become standard in the current video game industry.

False advertisement is a crime. Yet the video game industry has gotten a pass and have been blatantly breaking those laws for quite some time now. No Man's Sky was the biggest violator of those laws that I have seen in quite some time. Yet, they have gotten away with it. They completely scammed every single customer that bought their game on release and were not held responsible. I will not support that in any way. To continue playing NMS is nothing short of empowering the next developer that wants to do the same.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I played it for over 6 hours today or there abouts. It runs like shit for FPS. I was in 4K with moderate settings on an i7-6700k with dual 980ti's in SLI... I got low 20s FPS at best.

Having done a first play, it's a mind numbing game but enjoyable. It's very grindy and time consuming. At the end of my game time I only managed to get a home base, a measly Class B ship i found, and an alien helper. How does any developer think a base should not hold resources? I was pissed to find out I couldn't offload my multitool or ship slots into my base.

Until you have a base, getting lost is super easy too. I was trying to find the little node that allowed me to sell all my resources, to buy unlocks for my newly found ship, and took AGES to find again then I couldn't find it the third time. So then I just went into space and was like.. fuck this planet.. lol.

CptFjord

Space Marshal
Feb 21, 2017
RSI Handle
CptFjord
Having done a first play, it's a mind numbing game but enjoyable. It's very grindy and time consuming. At the end of my game time I only managed to get a home base, a measly Class B ship i found, and an alien helper. How does any developer think a base should not hold resources?
If you do quests for that first base npc you get, he will teach you how to make Voltaic Cells. You then use those to make big crates to store your stuff in at your base.

I bought the game back at release, played for a month then quit like everyone else. I just started playing the new update and I'm having a fun time. There is actual content now so I wiped my old save and started new.

I think I enjoy the update because, sadly, I expect so little from the game. Still some tech issues with the game and the "multuplayer" is super weak, but they said its just getting the tech there and will be expanded in future updates.

Forgot your password?