No more Hercules A2, Orion, or Hull-E Upgrades

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
If making a base meant it was destroyed everytime you went offline it would not take long for base building to die out. Still not sure I would build one at the beginning of the game at least of my own.
I had been thinking about getting a land claim at some point but it didn't occur to me that anything I build would be capable of being destroyed by other players when I'm not around.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
They disappeared from my buyback list. But since I keep all purchase melting emails which list the pledge numbers, I used the pledge number via the standard buyback URL and behold.. my buyback is purchase-able. Just not visible in my list.
Didn't know you could buyback unused CCU's, but then I have always used my CCU's and you loose them when you melt the ship...?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
If making a base meant it was destroyed everytime you went offline it would not take long for base building to die out. Still not sure I would build one at the beginning of the game at least of my own.
The land claim system will only work in UEE space. Outside of that area, anything you build will be at high risk. Inside UEE space, your land claim, if you were successful in claiming a plot, it'll be protected. However the protection the UEE will give a player owned property is a perp gets a crime stat.

It's probably worth listening to Chris Roberts talking about it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=983&v=baOd4MLeFkM

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Didn't know you could buyback unused CCU's, but then I have always used my CCU's and you loose them when you melt the ship...?
No, I think you misunderstood me or I wasn't clear. I'm talking about melted never used CCUs. So long as they were never used, when you melt them they go to your buyback list. Useful if it's a very expensive CCU, which you want to buy later.

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
No, I think you misunderstood me or I wasn't clear. I'm talking about melted never used CCUs. So long as they were never used, when you melt them they go to your buyback list. Useful if it's a very expensive CCU, which you want to buy later.
Wasn't aware you could get an unused melted CCU back in Buyback, wish I'd got a couple of Warlock ones now :)

Reactions: DirectorGunner

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Frankly I'm disappointed they're doing this. I understand why because people will keep recycling money toward new ships rather than put new money in but aside warbond purchases at concept that have LTI, CIG offers little incentive otherwise. We're seeing more exclusive skins and some small items from pre-sales concierge get but imo its not enough to get people engaged and spending. Limiting what can be upgraded seems like a bad idea to me. I honestly wish they did more regular promotions of 'uncommon' ships like they did recently with the Mercury, Cutlass Blue, Apollo Triage, Phoenix etc.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Confirmed A2 CCUs can still be bought back (with RSI credit if you have a token, or ofc cash) and applied
C2toA2.jpg

Applied_A2_CCU.jpg

I have, I think, 1 85x to A2 CCU I am not using if anyone wants it? (Never mind, I think I gave it to @LoicFarris )

One A2 is enough for me. I call it bad neighbor insurance.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
They disappeared from my buyback list. But since I keep all purchase melting emails which list the pledge numbers, I used the pledge number via the standard buyback URL and behold.. my buyback is purchase-able. Just not visible in my list.
Where there is a will...there is a way, lol!

Forgot your password?