Noob looking for help with his joystick mappings (Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X)

Tomfoolery

Ensign
Dec 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Flotze
I'm new to Star Citizen as well as to Test Squadron. Being the lazy fuck that I am, I would love to have some help regarding the mapping of my joystick.

I am using a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X. Anyone willing to share his mappings with me? I also need something I can print out and put next to me, because it will take me ages to remember all those buttons and I only have one screen.

Cheers

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Not sure, but I bet someone over at reddit.com/r/hotas posted their key bindings.

Reactions: Ezz and StdDev

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I also need something I can print out and put next to me, because it will take me ages to remember all those buttons and I only have one screen.

Cheers
Why would you bind something which you can't remember? Why would you map something which you don't use?

• 1: weapongroup1
  • 2: missiles, lock and fire
  • 3: cycle countermeasures
  • 4: use countermeasures
  • 8WayHat:
    • Forward: reticle focus
    • Back:
    • Left: cycle all
    • Right: nearest hostile
  • Slide0: strafe left/right
  • 5: strafe up
  • 6: strafe down
  • 7: decoupled mode
  • 8: Quantum travel
  • 9: Boost / Afterburner
  • 10: weapongroup 2
  • 11: flight ready
  • 12: Landing mode
You miss a few buttons for shields, power, targeting. Strafe could use a lefthand 4-8 way hat.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I am using a Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X.
I also use this HOTAS & love it.

Personally, I have only set up about half of the buttons. The ones that I use the most and can remember.
Using other peoples setup makes a good example but we all have our own preferences.
Set it up the way it is best for you & you will have no trouble remembering the setup.

Forgot your password?