Noob Q about buying from the marketplace

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
I would like to buy one or more LTI ship(s), Multi-Role/Cargo, but interested in everything that’s reasonably priced.

cant make out how current these threads here offering LTI stuff are, some date from 2017 originally and it doesn’t say „Updated on xx-xx-xx“ in the OP, so I thought I‘d just open my own request.

Last edited:

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
My question is: What is the issue with „trust“ and „new members“? If you get my cold hard cash and I get your ship, where’s the difference between an „old“ and a new member?? Maybe I‘m too legal a guy to imagine how someone could betray trust and skim money in a deal like that, I don’t know... But please enlighten me as to what the issues are people seem to be facing so I understand better.
I‘m a Colonel in real life by the way, Lieutenant Colonel in the German Armed Forces. Just to explain my handle and maybe my lack of imagination when it comes to online crime...

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
This is not so much about trust, ..think of this scenario: one two or more drop in every day and want to buy ship people we hardly know...

That make this site to a black market site, this is not the purpose of our org.. and it look bad toward us and CIG.

So most want to get to know a person a bit first, see that they are some what active in the org and not just listed in here to get the ship and then punch out again.

CHEERS! 🍻 ;)

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
This is not so much about trust, ..think of this scenario: one two or more drop in every day and want to buy ship people we hardly know...

That make this site to a black market site, this is not the purpose of our org.. and it look bad toward us and CIG.

So most want to get to know a person a bit first, see that they are some what active in the org and not just listed in here to get the ship and then punch out again.

CHEERS! 🍻 ;)
OK, true, need to look after reputation and further the aim of the organization. Check!

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
OK, true, need to look after reputation and further the aim of the organization. Check!
Yeah a bit like that indeed, it's not like this is a store and there are those that have extra in buyback they can sell but keep them for org members.
If one member might want a ship but miss buying when there was a concept or other sale of ship normally not avail or limited for a time.
So it is nothing personnel at all 😉

🍻

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
Yeah a bit like that indeed, it's not like this is a store and there are those that have extra in buyback they can sell but keep them for org members.
If one member might want a ship but miss buying when there was a concept or other sale of ship normally not avail or limited for a time.
So it is nothing personnel at all 😉

🍻
Gotcha. Guess it’s kinda hard to keep track of who is a „sincere“ member at 18k and counting. Alright, I‘ll see to it that I become a member in good standing over time.👍

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Still, I think as a seller one should state the status of the offer with a „as of xx-xx-xx“ date. But that’s just the old fashioned diligent me😂
Dont think of ship sellers as a 'business endevour'.. most people are offering these ships as a 'convenience' to fellow Testies. If you see a ship in a post that interests you feel free to post in the thread asking if it is available.
All that being said, There will be SO many opportunities to get any ship (almost) that you desire.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah dude, the anniversary sale is right around the corner. That being said, if you snag up an LTI token of any kind, you can up upgrade to whatever ship you want. You can even stage it so you can try out a few different ones along the way.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
@ColonelWolf, there are also some people on here that through the use of old LTI tokens and old CCUs can sell ships below current market costs that a nefarious person could turn around to sell on the grey market, which is something CIG has remarked on negatively in the past as well as risks the reputation of our Org.

(We'd prefer to be known for poor spelling, drunken hijinks, and crashing.)

Last edited:

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
@ColonelWolf, there are also some people on here that through the use of old LTI tokens and old CCUs can still ships below current market costs that a nefarious person could turn around to sell on the grey market, which is something CIG has remarked on negatively in the past as well as risks the reputation of our Org.

(We'd prefer to be known for poor spelling, drunken hijinks, and crashing.)
Yup, I understand that now! I was just tackling this undertaking a bit naive, I had no clue that there‘s so much money-making going on... I just sat there in my Avenger Titan and thought: „Okkkk, that’s ... too small!“ and decided I check out any off-RSI store possibilities first.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Have you given any thought into which ship(s) you may be interested in?

The two most popular Multi-Role/Cargo ships currently are the Cutlass Black and Freelancer variants, the Cutlass Black is always available but not all of the Freelancer variants are always available. There are quite a few threads here an elsewhere discussing the pros vs cons between them.
My advice is research them to determine which you think you'd enjoy the most, ask in-game if anyone will let you borrow their's or rent them in-game from the ship rental kiosks so you can try them out, then look into options on how to get the one you'd prefer.

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
Have you given any thought into which ship(s) you may be interested in?

The two most popular Multi-Role/Cargo ships currently are the Cutlass Black and Freelancer variants, the Cutlass Black is always available but not all of the Freelancer variants are always available. There are quite a few threads here an elsewhere discussing the pros vs cons between them.
My advice is research them to determine which you think you'd enjoy the most, ask in-game if anyone will let you borrow their's or rent them in-game from the ship rental kiosks so you can try them out, then look into options on how to get the one you'd prefer.
A friend has a Cutlass Black and it‘s an ok ship. As a subscriber I currently try out the Constellation, pretty versatile and more the size I like. Yeah, I‘ll also do some rentals.

Currently talking to someone about purchasing a package with some ships, we‘ll see...

GriffinGamingRPG

Space Marshal
Apr 11, 2016
RSI Handle
GriffinGamingRPG
CW,

One of the great things about THIS org is that members are ALWAYS happy top let you borrow/test any ships they have so you can make a wise purchase. Even crewing them so you can get a feel before making the "investment". I've bought and sold here and have never had any issues and I'm sure someone can help or point you in the right direction. As was mentioned by our "fearless leader" Montoya, The Anniversary sale will be coming soon, when the bulk of the community does their buying and/or upgrading.

Both the Cutlass and Constellation Andromeda are great multi-role ships. Keep in mind operating/repair costs, the need for crew to get the most from your ship, etc. Drakes ships are stripped down to functionality. No bells or whistles (or escape pods). The "Connie" steps up your game but landing clearance in tight spaces, fuel costs and maneuverability are some trade-offs.

In any case, good luck with your decision and if we can help let us know!

ColonelWolf

Commander
Oct 5, 2019
RSI Handle
ColonelWolf
CW,

One of the great things about THIS org is that members are ALWAYS happy top let you borrow/test any ships they have so you can make a wise purchase. Even crewing them so you can get a feel before making the "investment". I've bought and sold here and have never had any issues and I'm sure someone can help or point you in the right direction. As was mentioned by our "fearless leader" Montoya, The Anniversary sale will be coming soon, when the bulk of the community does their buying and/or upgrading.

Both the Cutlass and Constellation Andromeda are great multi-role ships. Keep in mind operating/repair costs, the need for crew to get the most from your ship, etc. Drakes ships are stripped down to functionality. No bells or whistles (or escape pods). The "Connie" steps up your game but landing clearance in tight spaces, fuel costs and maneuverability are some trade-offs.

In any case, good luck with your decision and if we can help let us know!
Thanks a lot, yeah, so much to discover 😍 TEST was the first to reach out to me and after reviewing 5 orgs I was like: THIS is the one! 😃 Honored to be flying with you guys!
To the stars,
Wolf

Forgot your password?