• Both

Votes: 23 51.1%

• Total voters

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I might upgrade one of my Dragonflies to one, but I wanna see what exactly it does beyond "go from point A to point B".

My big beefs about the Dragonfly were how it has basically no utility beyond going from Point A to Point B (no EVA time extension, actually doing the advertised pocket fighter is a literal deathtrap, etc etc) so I wanna see if the Nox brings anything to the table beyond looking arguably cooler.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
The white Nox is not white... it has a "brushed silver finish"....
Which will look nice in my hangar next to the "Test" Dragonfly.

Last I checked Eclipse can't hold anything but torpedos
But will the Nox fit in the torp tubes? That would be a great way to get a jump start.

nothing says sneaky like a silver shining space bike :p
Well it is suppose to be brushed silver so maybe not too shiny?

.so I only got one
Yeah that's what I said so I only bought one.

One 5 pack.

And one extra brush silver to even it to one six pack.

Well, you wouldn't want to be the sucker that bought two of them.
No sir, not me.
I only bought the five pack and another for a total of six.
Hey wait. That's really two purchases. Fuck me.
Ya know, if I was blind, I'd save a hell of a lot of money on this game.

Last edited:

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I might upgrade one of my Dragonflies to one, but I wanna see what exactly it does beyond "go from point A to point B".

My big beefs about the Dragonfly were how it has basically no utility beyond going from Point A to Point B (no EVA time extension, actually doing the advertised pocket fighter is a literal deathtrap, etc etc) so I wanna see if the Nox brings anything to the table beyond looking arguably cooler.
It's being pitched as a racer with effectively no combat abilities so I would argue that the Dragonfly has *more* utility than the Nox in every way except for getting from A to B.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
It's being pitched as a racer with effectively no combat abilities so I would argue that the Dragonfly has *more* utility than the Nox in every way except for getting from A to B.
Who made this pitch?
In ATV the artist (whats his name) said the Nox is a race/combat superiority vehicle.
They even show an image of it with weapons mounted on the bottom of the bike.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Who made this pitch?
In ATV the artist (whats his name) said the Nox is a race/combat superiority vehicle.
They even show an image of it with weapons mounted on the bottom of the bike.
I must have missed that, but the comm-link opens with "Astro Armada is pleased to announce that Aopoa’s highly-anticipated new open-canopy racer, the Nox, is now available for sale". Everything I've seen has only really focused on its speed and racing abilities. I'll watch the ATV again.

Edit: Yeah, Chris Smith said racing and combat. I'm a derp. Thank you for the correction!

Last edited:

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
can either the dragonfly or nox carry cargo?
I don't think the Nox has cargo space beyond what you can carry on your person.

The Dragonfly has two 0.25 SCU cargo pouches on either side and you can replace the rear facing seat with an optional container that can hold 0.5 SCU.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Note, there is yet ANOTHER forum badge associated with this pre-sale. Last time there was a presale with the eclipse, those that bought it the first day got early access (by about 5 minutes before it was posted all over spectrum and here) to picture of the Nox...

Forgot your password?