Nuther Aussie on board

Chi

Captain
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Chi
Gaming history: A box that plugged into B&W TV - ping pong etc
Amiga 500 - Attack helicopter, Elite
Early Pentium - Years and years of Janes Longbow AH64D, some BF and other FPS, a lot of wishing for a modern Elite
Later PC - Discovered Freelancer MP, good bye world. Thought a similar game with more scope would be like going to heaven. Eventually stopped playing anything for a few years.
Read of SC, holy shit!!! I know where I'm going to live, and I don't care (almost) how much it's going to cost to get there, got a fairly extravagant machine built.

Rough plan of action: In general - Find good income stream(s) to finance more free range multi player action.
More specifically - Team up with some fun people who've got their wits about them and are into coordinated game play.
So I'm starting off where there seems to be a shitload of fun people :)

cyuz in game shortly, oh yeah on RSI forums as Chi (ChiShen)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Welcome to TEST Mr Chi. Good to have another of the queens loyal subjects on board.
Look forward to crashing into everything while drinking some beers with you.
Cheers,
(>v<)7

DoctorProfessor

Space Marshal
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Doctor_Professor
Gaming history: A box that plugged into B&W TV - ping pong etc
Amiga 500 - Attack helicopter, Elite
Early Pentium - Years and years of Janes Longbow AH64D, some BF and other FPS, a lot of wishing for a modern Elite
Later PC - Discovered Freelancer MP, good bye world. Thought a similar game with more scope would be like going to heaven. Eventually stopped playing anything for a few years.
Read of SC, holy shit!!! I know where I'm going to live, and I don't care (almost) how much it's going to cost to get there, got a fairly extravagant machine built.

Rough plan of action: In general - Find good income stream(s) to finance more free range multi player action.
More specifically - Team up with some fun people who've got their wits about them and are into coordinated game play.
So I'm starting off where there seems to be a shitload of fun people :)

cyuz in game shortly, oh yeah on RSI forums as Chi (ChiShen)
Welcome!
Good to meet ya, 'nother Aussie here (Down in Adelaide), looks like we'll end up being part of the night krew for these guys eh?

Chi

Captain
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Chi
Queensland??? :eek: How can people stand the humidity? Makes my hair curl! LOL o_O
Aha, location is the key, once you get as far North as Qld, unless you can afford a $million sea breeze, inland 100km does the trick for lower humidity. The ocean moderates local temperatures well, but inland you get actual winter, a couple of months or so frost prone where I live, which is nice, basically the end of mozzies and flies. Summer is the most testing season here, but it's a dry heat, so at least your sweat cools you down, near the coast air cond and it's extra costs are almost a must have. But I can drive 100k to the beach for the weekend and go camping in the right place mmmmm.

Reactions: marcsand2

Chi

Captain
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Chi
Welcome!
Good to meet ya, 'nother Aussie here (Down in Adelaide), looks like we'll end up being part of the night krew for these guys eh?
Yep good to meet you too. People who're in similar time zones will be crucial for ongoing team work. I was surprised when I scrolled down after my post and saw that I was part of a rash of Aussie sign ups at that time. I've heard there's a bit of an Oz contingent here and that they'd set up an Oz Discord channel, I'd like to track that down, not sure how to go about that at this stage. TS used to play a vital part in our clan battles and general play back in my FL days.

Reactions: marcsand2

Chi

Captain
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Chi
Welcome to TEST Mr Chi. Good to have another of the queens loyal subjects on board.
Look forward to crashing into everything while drinking some beers with you.
Cheers,
(>v<)7
Haha, hmm yes, can manage both at once myself too. Is that where the 'blind' part of your moniker comes from? :)

Reactions: Blind Owl

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Aha, location is the key, once you get as far North as Qld, unless you can afford a $million sea breeze, inland 100km does the trick for lower humidity. The ocean moderates local temperatures well, but inland you get actual winter, a couple of months or so frost prone where I live, which is nice, basically the end of mozzies and flies. Summer is the most testing season here, but it's a dry heat, so at least your sweat cools you down, near the coast air cond and it's extra costs are almost a must have. But I can drive 100k to the beach for the weekend and go camping in the right place mmmmm.
Dry heat huh? Like here in Adelaide, 45 dry heat I can handle, 35 with high humidity, well that does me in. The US military should add that shit to the 'to do' list at Guantanamo Bay along with the water boarding! :rolleyes: Well is good to have a few more Aussies about, most of them tend to shitpost Discord, I prefer to shitpost here! Guess that would make me the President of the Australian TEST forum contingent, Emperior even! LOL :p Not to worry though, I reward my loyal subjects well! ;)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Haha, hmm yes, can manage both at once myself too. Is that where the 'blind' part of your moniker comes from? :)
Basically I needed an excuse for being so horrible at games. Blind sounded like a good one. ;)

Also, there's a book with a certain name that I haven't read, but the premise sounds pretty interesting.

Forgot your password?