Nvidia - 3080 What Happened?

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Complex? No, just another database with a true/false toggle. Immoral? Perhaps. Introducing a security exploit risk? Most likely.

Though, true, the producing company gets paid no matter what, so that's not really any of their concern, their involvement ends when the cash drawer closes, really.

I would note many solid companies have been run out of business when their competitors have adopted a customer focused stratagy, though. Look after what you have got, or you may find you don't have it anymore once the competition catches up or even overtakes you. What may look unnecessary now while the grass is green and the sun is out may be a fraction of what you'll loose when winter comes and you have not prepared any insulation for your pipes.
Relatively easy? Sure...but in order to implement it, they'd have to really give a shit about their community. Reality is, they don't care as long as they get paid by somebody.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
It looks like a driver update may have solved some of the issues. Also, NVIDIA has some other things going on. For instance, according to at least one person who's been talking to producers, the folks who were given models to review got the drivers before the AIB companies did. They really didn't have the opportunity to test out their products.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
This is bullshit... NVIDIA let this happen, is there no corporate responsibility anymore. Nvidia does not gain credibility from scalpers, this actually makes their brand look bad. I hope someone else steps into the space, AMD would get their shit together, they could compete. AMD needs to change the way they look at things and stop accepting being second best to intel or nvidia. AMD, you can't be great at everything, pick a path, processors or gpu, but its obvious you can't have both.

1602214477496.png

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
This is bullshit... NVIDIA let this happen, is there no corporate responsibility anymore. Nvidia does not gain credibility from scalpers, this actually makes their brand look bad. I hope someone else steps into the space, AMD would get their shit together, they could compete. AMD needs to change the way they look at things and stop accepting being second best to intel or nvidia. AMD, you can't be great at everything, pick a path, processors or gpu, but its obvious you can't have both.

View attachment 18938
who in their right mind would pay 3.5k for a not film grade video card lol this is madness. the card was like 1200 or something? thats tripple the price. just wait for it to come available again. man people suck.

Reactions: ColdDog

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
TBH if morons are willing to pay double or triple just because they are impatient and they want to show off to their friends, then let them waste their money. You've gotta literally be out of your tree to go on ebay and pay 3k for a 1.5k card just so you can have it 2 weeks early.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
TBH if morons are willing to pay double or triple just because they are impatient and they want to show off to their friends, then let them waste their money. You've gotta literally be out of your tree to go on ebay and pay 3k for a 1.5k card just so you can have it 2 weeks early.
I am with you @BUTUZ, I don't think its NVIDIA's responsibility to regulate if their cards are resold on ebay. Its up to you as the consumer to figure out if its worth buying these cards now or waiting for more cards to be sold by NVIDIA. Honestly I hope that no one buys these cards off ebay and those who bought up all the cards are left with thousands of dollars of mech they can't sell. Its not like it was a single run production of the graphics cards and there will be no more. Its just the first wave and there will be lots more made. But I understand people are impatient and in fact those scalpers are banking on it. So wait, no reason to support these people.

Reactions: BUTUZ and ColdDog

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
As if it couldn't get any stranger - Nvidia no longer selling their Founders Edition 3080/3090 GPUs directly while their store is being upgraded, and have moves to selling Founders Edition throug selected partners, where they exist, as indicted in this from their forums:

1602494398667.png

From the above, the Founders Edition is not currently available in Europe. Sucks to be European, I suppose.

*Checks map*

This sucks.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?