Official Division Logos

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
One of my proposed structures can be found by searching for "divisions of test" and "brainstorm" in the same search query.
+1 for the simplified over structure of NKato's... Though it doesn't have as many cool logo symbols lol

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
Combat? isint that yellow jackets? or was that disolved? has all my yellow jacket propaganda gone to waste?

Edit: i do like most of those new logos though
Angry Bear division, the power armored assault troops for TEST confirmed.

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
Why is everyone so Security>Combat? I'm not specifically for 'Combat' as a name but Bombers and Dropships and I'm sure a whole load of other activites just don't fit into Security because they are entirely offensive weapons; Combat may not be entirely on the mark but at least it isn't wrong. Lets not be like those countries that calls their Army a 'Defence Force'...

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Why is everyone so Security>Combat? I'm not specifically for 'Combat' as a name but Bombers and Dropships and I'm sure a whole load of other activites just don't fit into Security because they are entirely offensive weapons; Combat may not be entirely on the mark but at least it isn't wrong. Lets not be like those countries that calls their Army a 'Defence Force'...
I have to agree with this. Security seems to imply a more defensive role than anything. Not really a proactive approach and certainly not something to prosecute war. Combat can encompass all of that and fits much better imo. Security is just a part of the overall Combat idea but not the idea itself.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
how a bout an Aggression Division?

with a honey badger logo

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Please check OP for change of Mining Division to Industry to cover salvaging and manufacturing activities.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
@krystal, maybe make the compass rose instead of a sextant for exploration. I know a few people, including a officer or 2, that didn't know what a sextant was. Also did you steal the US Air Force design for the wings? There was actually a blurb about it on the US Air Force forums. http://www.trademark.af.mil/downloads/mediagallery.asp?galleryID=6588

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
@krystal, maybe make the compass rose instead of a sextant for exploration. I know a few people, including a officer or 2, that didn't know what a sextant was. Also did you steal the US Air Force design for the wings? There was actually a blurb about it on the US Air Force forums. http://www.trademark.af.mil/downloads/mediagallery.asp?galleryID=6588
The icon was inspired by the USAF logo but absolutely not "stolen". The center piece is completely different, the wing ribbons have different angles and design. Can you give me a link to the blurb? I'd be really interested to see what their problem is.

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
I am Montoya and I approve of this message.

To elaborate, there will be official TEST divisions which will serve the orgs interests such as dominating the galaxy, destroying all those who oppose us and helping new players have fun!

This will be our initial foray in divisions, we will break it down further as needs dictate, for example, the Yellow Jackets are part of the combat division.

The current logos and names are placeholders until such time that we deep dive into the actual profession in actual game play.

Roles which are not mentioned here like salvage (which will fall under Mining) and data running (logistics) will be expanded upon once more information and game play becomes available. This is a starting point, not the end all of division creation and branding.

These logos will serve to start building identity and branding within smaller specialized groups in TEST.

You are free to start using them in your sigs here on our forums if you wish. We prefer that you keep using the TEST logo for all other propaganda and branding outside of TEST.

Q and A:

There is only one logo and one community, and that is the TEST logo and the TEST community.

If randomguy29 and his five friends want to create their own little exploration group, make their own logo and go exploring, they can, but they are not an official TEST Exploration group.

Once the PU comes out and we have actual time spent exploring, we may elect to fold an existing group into being the official group.

At the moment only racing is an actual division that exists, we have taken Shives falcon logo and incorporated that into being the official racing division.

Yes, there will be many specialized subdivisions, but for the sake of simplicity, we are keeping it broad and generalized for now.

We have no official division threads yet. What you have seen are members creating their own groups, which was not the intended purpose of that section.

Simply starting a thread and "calling dibs" does not make you the leader of a division.

We will be starting new subsections for official divisions soon.

Thanks to Krystal for making these!

Sooo the combat crew are like our own GI joes. Awesome!!!

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
The icon was inspired by the USAF logo but absolutely not "stolen". The center piece is completely different, the wing ribbons have different angles and design. Can you give me a link to the blurb? I'd be really interested to see what their problem is.
To elaborate on the above, the USAF logo comprises of the following:
a) The Wings
b) The Star in the middle
c) The Sphere in the middle of the Star
d) The Diamonds (the three diamonds forming under the star

All of the above form the symbol.

Our logo comprises of the following:

No star, no circle, no diamonds and the wings have different design and angles.

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
Reactions: Kersakov

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Lol how do people not know what a sextant is? XD
Let me answer that with a story. The county building I work in recently had everyone from the 2nd floor move to the 1st after the remodel down there. A sign was clearly put in the stairway going up to the 2nd floor telling people that things had moved downstairs. I work in the basement. I've had people go to the basement and ring the doorbell(keycard access only door) and ask me where vehicle registration is............even though vehicle registration is clearly visible on the 1st floor and you can see in through several large windows and has a very large sign stating as such.

People can't or don't want to read so I have no trouble thinking that people don't know what a sextant is.

Reactions: GameFleek
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
sorry stolen is a bit strong, but inspired rather. It was just mention on the AF forums like I said. nothing bad a few people just kind of thought it was a neat design. There was a comment on how the current USAF logo fit better in a futuristic game design than an actual military design.

Reactions: WarrenPeace

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
sextant is kinda of a relic nowadays. Maybe some Navy people know about them, but people are too lazy to learn history.
To me they are still a accurate and viable tool :P but maybe I just like simple tools

D3Mark

Grand Admiral
Sep 24, 2014
RSI Handle
D3Mark
The real question is though: is smuggling considered industry or black flag? (I'm going to guess black flag.)

Forgot your password?