Exploration Official Exploration Council

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
I will most likely be packing up my Carrack or Idris and sailing off into the black with the occasional data burst sent back to HQ as i play on the edge of game space. Exploring and of course pirating any Imperium that I may come across.

GameFleek

Seung's Bestie Testie
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
GameFleek
In my humble opinion, being part of an Organization or family means not just taking the benefits or resources, but also giving back to the Org. If the "orders" I receive have TEST Squadron's best intentions in mind, I will be there when called upon. That is what being a group is all about. To be willing to put the group before your own gain or interest and therefore gain much more than you could on your own. How The founder chooses to implement the structure or organization (divisions, fleets, councils, etc.) is fine by me. As long as there is beer and derps, TEST can count on me to serve in what so ever position I may be called upon to serve. As far as my plans for the PU, I have no plans because there is no PU yet. What I do have is new friends in TEST and I love you all. I can't wait for new and exciting adventures to begin.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
In my humble opinion, being part of an Organization or family means not just taking the benefits or resources, but also giving back to the Org. If the "orders" I receive have TEST Squadron's best intentions in mind, I will be there when called upon. That is what being a group is all about. To be willing to put the group before your own gain or interest and therefore gain much more than you could on your own. How The founder chooses to implement the structure or organization (divisions, fleets, councils, etc.) is fine by me. As long as there is beer and derps, TEST can count on me to serve in what so ever position I may be called upon to serve. As far as my plans for the PU, I have no plans because there is no PU yet. What I do have is new friends in TEST and I love you all. I can't wait for new and exciting adventures to begin.
Holy crap, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Reactions: GameFleek

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Well stated.

Reactions: GameFleek

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Well, I have the Blue Collar and the HULL Series Sets, which means I will do some exploration with the intention of having my fleet gather resources and make credits however that can be achieved. My jewel for all of this is either my endeavor or my Carrack, but pretty sure I will spend allday in my Carrack and barely touch the other ships.

What I would like is a crew, that knows me, and is willing to share profits. Say someone out there doesn;t just want to borrow ships from anyone, but rather wants to work with someone they know, in a loose basis or work closer on the same ship managing some systems or pilotting / gunning or whatever exploration needs - then I think about being here in this group. How can it help me, and help me have fun playing Star Citizen.

Can I have some semi useful way of contributing though without much responsibility, and yet partake and be part of this exploration group ?
There really is only about 150 of us that are fulltime active TEST members online everyday (if I guessed) we all know eachother at this point. Does this naturally mean, those of us here and now, will be the ones who have to direct this group ? Or can I have some middle management position where I pretend to be worth more than I am. I have always been fascinated by those lesser positions, like all those middle tier people in gundam wing series that accomplish so little but tried so hard and thought they were making such a difference, only to be discarded very easily.

I want to be that, but an explorer commanding a fleet of workers, but in RP I answer to someone else or some higher authority and can't actually make direction choices on my own. Like some sort of Colonel or Major but nothing diplomatic like a General and stations of.

Is there a place or position for me in this exploration group like that. Like an overseer of operations in a sector ! I'd like to have someone to report too, even if its partially bad RP, it gives me clear precise direction and I would know what to expect from those under me, and could easily direct them too ! (of course all in name of fun, I might be some tyrant - but you'd be encouraged to be a rebel or politically ruin me or replace me etc..)

In terms of RP, it would be so awesome. I would be waiting for the day an insider assassinates me and covers it up haha or the way I could partially make minute decisions to explore and end up in over my head and have to find ways out...etc.. I want to deal with the Drama of being in Exploration ! however that unfolds I want to be there.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Well, I have the Blue Collar and the HULL Series Sets, which means I will do some exploration with the intention of having my fleet gather resources and make credits however that can be achieved. My jewel for all of this is either my endeavor or my Carrack, but pretty sure I will spend allday in my Carrack and barely touch the other ships.

What I would like is a crew, that knows me, and is willing to share profits. Say someone out there doesn;t just want to borrow ships from anyone, but rather wants to work with someone they know, in a loose basis or work closer on the same ship managing some systems or pilotting / gunning or whatever exploration needs - then I think about being here in this group. How can it help me, and help me have fun playing Star Citizen.

Can I have some semi useful way of contributing though without much responsibility, and yet partake and be part of this exploration group ?
There really is only about 150 of us that are fulltime active TEST members online everyday (if I guessed) we all know eachother at this point. Does this naturally mean, those of us here and now, will be the ones who have to direct this group ? Or can I have some middle management position where I pretend to be worth more than I am. I have always been fascinated by those lesser positions, like all those middle tier people in gundam wing series that accomplish so little but tried so hard and thought they were making such a difference, only to be discarded very easily.

I want to be that, but an explorer commanding a fleet of workers, but in RP I answer to someone else or some higher authority and can't actually make direction choices on my own. Like some sort of Colonel or Major but nothing diplomatic like a General and stations of.

Is there a place or position for me in this exploration group like that. Like an overseer of operations in a sector ! I'd like to have someone to report too, even if its partially bad RP, it gives me clear precise direction and I would know what to expect from those under me, and could easily direct them too ! (of course all in name of fun, I might be some tyrant - but you'd be encouraged to be a rebel or politically ruin me or replace me etc..)

In terms of RP, it would be so awesome. I would be waiting for the day an insider assassinates me and covers it up haha or the way I could partially make minute decisions to explore and end up in over my head and have to find ways out...etc.. I want to deal with the Drama of being in Exploration ! however that unfolds I want to be there.
Overseer-or-some-such is still a lot of responsibility. At this point, I would just suggest pulling together an exploration ship and pinging the chat channel for a crew, and then just striking out into the inky black in places you think TEST would need eyes on. The information you bring back - and the value therein - is probably going to be a defining factor in whether or not you have the opportunity to advance up the ladder.

That's my presupposition, though.

Reactions: Blind Owl

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
I personally love the idea of this "Exploration Council". I'm already a part of DSET but if you guys need another Carrack or Idris-P to help the org spread out a bit more as we explore the Verse, let me know. I always love playing with other people. Otherwise anyone is welcome to join me on board my Aquila or Dur if those others aren't needed.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
Well, I would like to be apart of this council. If i had to choose a single role, to invest in, it would be this thus far, I don't think I would have much time to do else.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Right now we are paused until more exploration mechanics are worked out. No use for cross communication when their is no communication.

ChenAU

Vice Admiral
Dec 8, 2014
RSI Handle
chenau
To Esteemed Council Members, and fellow Citizens of Test.

It has come to the attention of the acting Night Krew Government of the formation of this council, and the intentions of which it desires to fill, in service to the Citizens of Test Squadron.

It is in response to this, that the active Night Krew Government has created a position to represent itself within the council, if the council would be willing to take it. This Representative of Exploration, Terrestrial Analysis and Research Deliberation, would represent the interests of the Night Krew, within the greater Test Squadron within this system of deliberation. We request that this offer be taking into serious consideration, and eagerly await a response upon your deliberation.

Regards,
Chen, 'Grand Poobah' of The Night Krew.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
That's cute, but at the moment, I think we're better off "restarting" the Council (or not at all) once we have actual exploration mechanics in the game. Which probably won't be until late this year or even next year. The way things were handled last year were less than optimal.
What a politically correct way to say "basically jack shit happened all year".

I applaud your candor.

aLumberingOx

Commander
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
LumberingOx
Count me in when the restarting happens. I absolutely want to find new things, explore new places and crash into them. Right now, since I don't have any kind of grand vessel to fit you lot, I'll just have to stow away on yours.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
To Esteemed Council Members, and fellow Citizens of Test.

It has come to the attention of the acting Night Krew Government of the formation of this council, and the intentions of which it desires to fill, in service to the Citizens of Test Squadron.

It is in response to this, that the active Night Krew Government has created a position to represent itself within the council, if the council would be willing to take it. This Representative of Exploration, Terrestrial Analysis and Research Deliberation, would represent the interests of the Night Krew, within the greater Test Squadron within this system of deliberation. We request that this offer be taking into serious consideration, and eagerly await a response upon your deliberation.

Regards,
Chen, 'Grand Poobah' of The Night Krew.
Best acronym I've seen so far. Kudos to you sir.

Forgot your password?