Oh no, a 2nd Monitor Thread

Schmunkel

Space Marshal
Jul 2, 2014
RSI Handle
schmunkel
Are the quality issues gone with these models now? Every review I look at for either the 4k or the 1440p monitors seem to have this problem and it scares the hell out of me for something at this price.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
This is what you want: Asus PB287Q

Lots of people sell it. Fry's has the best price at the moment.

This is a 4k display port monitor with a 1ms refresh rate. It's amazing for games.

I have 5 of these, I've been using them for years. They are excellent monitors.

With a GTX 1080 you can run most games in 4k. The ones that lag, just run them at 2.5k instead.

The 60 Hz is fine for 60 fps which is really the limit when you have resolutions this high. No way to get higher frame rates with this beautiful resolution in the foreseeable future.

Don't buy a more expensive 4k, it's just a waste. Don't buy a huge one with slow draw rates, you'll see tons of tearing in high fidelity games, it defeats the purpose of 4k. Bigger, slower monitors are only good for videos. 1ms is amazing for games.

Toihva

Captain
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dagnimaer
This is what you want: Asus PB287Q

Lots of people sell it. Fry's has the best price at the moment.

This is a 4k display port monitor with a 1ms refresh rate. It's amazing for games.

I have 5 of these, I've been using them for years. They are excellent monitors.

With a GTX 1080 you can run most games in 4k. The ones that lag, just run them at 2.5k instead.

The 60 Hz is fine for 60 fps which is really the limit when you have resolutions this high. No way to get higher frame rates with this beautiful resolution in the foreseeable future.

Don't buy a more expensive 4k, it's just a waste. Don't buy a huge one with slow draw rates, you'll see tons of tearing in high fidelity games, it defeats the purpose of 4k. Bigger, slower monitors are only good for videos. 1ms is amazing for games.
Also, checking out the monitor and even Asus own site says that one is normal 60hz. As far as Frye's, don't have one near me.

Toihva

Captain
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dagnimaer
Watch this and decide
Asus makes both variants, TN and IPS.

For my use case the TN works great. This guy explains it really well tho.
Yeah, so many choices. If I'm gonna be spending $500 on a monitory, might as well bite the bullet and go for the XB271HK. 4k IPS and when G-Sync is enabled 75hz refresh rate.

SMH.

TO much info!

I may just go 144hz and go from there.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Yeah it's a difficult choice.

Luckily there are many choices to suit many different consumers. Hooray for choice!

Good luck on your decision.

cerated

Captain
Sep 10, 2017
RSI Handle
cerated

Toihva

Captain
Aug 13, 2017
RSI Handle
Dagnimaer
Or wait for those to hit the market and everything else is going to get cheaper and then you can have even MOARRRRRRRRRRR monitors for less. :slight_smile:
The thing is, no one knows WHEN in 2018 it will be released. And I doubt its gonna go down that much.

Forgot your password?