Ok I'm not mad about the NO S42 anymore

Stoutman

Space Marshal
May 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Stoutman
I tripped over a cable during setup and crashed into the computer where the demo was stored. The computer lost power and this caused the file to become corrupt and unusable during the Con.

So blame me for crashing and preventing the SQ42 demo from being seen.

All my ships seem to be gone. Anyone have an Aurora I can borrow?

Pr0totype dFA

Space Marshal
Jan 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Pr0totype_dFA
Yeah, I agree that many of us can relate to this with our work lives. Watching this video puts things in a different perspective, similar to watching NASA launch something via broadcasting in comparison to hearing about their accomplishment/failure on the news/articles. I could tell that everyone is working 110% and truly care about what they are doing and want to be a part of history. I for one, hate working under pressure of any kind, but sometimes it can bring out some brilliant ideas in a short period of time.

I know I was a little disappointed initially and I know everything has it's reasons, clearly from what was shown from the videos with their struggles. Their ambition is quite remarkable and really should be a guideline of how development should be, instead of playing it safe with how numerous of games feel and play similar to each other, or continuing making sequels to games that have no change but the scenery and character models. And yes I do enjoy a few of those titles but Star Citizen is going beyond any gave developer has ever accomplished.

One good thing about the current AAA/Indie titles is that they have inspired what Star Citizen is right now in it's current state. And as a previous designer for Second Life, I would study the best of the best and learn from them and see why they are successful. Then I would take combinations of ideas and try to see how I could be better. It's always a learning experience when trying something new that nobody has ever done or someone that attempted, but failed at and try to make their idea work. I find my old work outdated, and I could do much better now but needed a break from everything.

Every year, I see massive improvements in Star Citizen and it's just completely mind-blowing, gathering one idea on top of another taking 2 steps forward, which can lead into problems later, in which will be fixed eventually, but that's why we are backing this game in the first place. When I first backed this game in 2012, I was in awe with the visuals and their goals they wanted to achieve. I have to laugh at what we thought was visually amazing then compared to what we have now to play with, as I go through old Youtube videos and seeing the old hangars and limited ship models at their current stage. We were told that flying to planets was going to be basically a seamless cut-scene and auto-land system (if I recall correctly) and all of a sudden it's 2016, with insane ideas from other teams making procedural planets and manual atmospheric entry and flight/landing.

Back then I thought when I bought a Freelancer after upgrading from a 325A that I was a big backer, and that I was going to stop there. That didn't stop and won't stop and I will try to find funds to keep supporting my dream since playing Wing Commander with my PC Raider joystick on my IBM PS/2 + Soundblaster 16.

I wish I knew about Chris Roberts other games but somehow I missed them, minus the Wing Commander sequels, that I didn't have the consoles for. But all I know is, he has never failed at any of his games, judging about the admiration from those whom have played the other titles religiously and know much about each game, especially Ben Lesnick.

TLDR; I'm happy to see where we are now, despite the delays even though when Chris states one date for a release, I add a few months on top of it, for a bit of a more realistic release date since he is the perfectionist, and understands that he is in the spotlight of the whole gaming community. I think the thing that triggered me to be upset was the fact that Star Marine was not even shown, which made me think that things were much farther than where they are. However, I think they will surprise us later in a few weeks/months with that and were probably focused on getting SQ42 to be the main event for Citizen Con. It's been a big year and next year will be their biggest year yet. I'm ecstatic to see my larger ships and the ability to fly them for a reason and play SQ42 for the first time!

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Surprised they showed Chris being a douche and that we were allowed to see into it. Very refreshing to see such openness.

You could tell they were all beat down in trying to meet their goal. It appears they bounce back by recognizing they moved the project forward. Very healthy team mechanics going on. It's in good hands from what I see.
I thought it was interesting that Erin pushed Chris to make the call early to *not* show the SQ. 42 stuff, so they would have an extra day to work on the planet demo.

On the one hand I'm always suspicious when people employ family members,...on the other hand, it shows Erin isn't afraid of Chris and is going to act as a counter to Chris when necessary for the good of the team. It would have been far worse for Chris to be surrounded by "yes" people.

Forgot your password?