Old

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Like others, I would like to get a paypal account or confirm if we can still donate to your twitch donation page.

Reactions: Arrangingstars

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Do you mind if I change the title of your thread?

Not only is this a great cause, but its also the first time I have ever heard of SMA.

I would like to propose that we as a community come up with some ideas on how to raise awareness and help your gofundme at the same time!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I don't mean to sound like a burned out and bitter husk of a person, but I'd like to see a little more proof.
Stop being a bitter husk!

Stars hangs out with us in Mumble all day, she has done twitch streams and google hangouts with many of us. She did not go buy herself a fancy wheelchair as part of an elaborate scheme to join a gaming organization and hang out with them for a few months just so she can start this thread.

If she did, then this is the greatest long con ever and she deserves to get paid! :D

J.B

Lieutenant
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Eternal-Guardian
How about running some sort of raffle, i think if there is a small prize like a basic stand alone ship (possible purchased with part of next months donate button or with a small part of the raffle profit) more people will jump on the band wagon. How about a £/$5 entrance fee, we must be able to get a decent amount of peeps to enter considering our the size of the community, maybe even open it up to the global SC community Info/comp post.

It would need a bit of setting up like a just giving page / paypal link and some simple rules...

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I have already spoken with Stars and there is a lot of planning to be done.

This could take a while, but we will all get together and discuss some ideas soon!

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
If she did, then this is the greatest long con ever and she deserves to get paid! :D

A streamer named ZilianOP got busted for doing exactly that. Spent months garnering over $20,000 in donations as a handicapped streamer, then actually got up out of his wheelchair and walked away live on stream. LOL at the epic self-pwn.

Reactions: Myre and UnderSc0re

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias

A streamer named ZilianOP got busted for doing exactly that. Spent months garnering over $20,000 in donations as a handicapped streamer, then actually got up out of his wheelchair and walked away live on stream. LOL at the epic self-pwn.
Can confirm Stars is legit. Trust me, as someone who was wheelchair bound for the majority of my high school career, nobody pays for a $10k electric chair unless you really need it.

Zilian used a relatively cheap Manual chair.

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
I have a donation button on my Twitch page here http://www.twitch.tv/handicapablenation if you scroll down and just click the icon that says 'Donations' it will direct you to paypal!

Also, thank you all for the out-pour of support, it means a lot to me. A lot a lot. For those of you who have donated, thank you and for those of you who can't, I understand and by no means want people to feel obligated to donate, but do spread awareness for SMA! Tell your family, or girlfriend about it, ask your neighbor if they've heard of it!

Also, as for proof, I have the battle scars to prove it (if I really needed to). I have had spinal fusion surgery since my disease causes scoliosis. I was leaning to the side at a 70*something degree angle and had the surgery at Shriner's Children Hospital in Springfield, MA when I was 11. When I was 2 I had a muscle biopsy on my thigh to confirm I had SMA (you can also see where my knees meet my thighs how atrophied my legs are, plus the spinal fusion stunted my growth so I'm only 4'10 1/4").

(This last photo is of me wearing something that was handmade for me, it's called a Kyler Coat, made by a mom of a little boy who passed away from SMA named Kyler. She used to make these for her son, so she wanted to give back to the community, so she donated one to me. :D)

This is me in my $16,000 wheelchair. I don't know why I'd be raising money if I didn't have an illness that would give me medical insurance to even buy one of these, let alone raise money to what.... cover the cost of the wheelchair? Wat.

Anyways. Hopefully the link to my twitch page helps you guys, I'll be sure to check my paypal to make sure the payments are accepted. Once again, thank you! <3

Last edited:

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
OMG, look at the smile on that cute kid! ;)

Forgot your password?