Old

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
She is obviously playing the long con here. Been preparing this for 24 years now. The other day she openly supported Goons in Mumble. That makes me sure that she is an impostor.

Egriz

Grand Pooh-Bear
Donor
Jan 25, 2014
RSI Handle
Egriz
This is a great cause. I'm glad to see GoFundMe's used for good purposes. Heather I wish you the best with your goals & future! You need to be on RSI chat more...we never talk! The smelly people of Mumble scare me away.

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Thank you Egriz! I will try to make a few more appearances in our RSI chat, just for you!

Also, a huge thank you to everyone who has supported me in vast ways, as well as taken the time to learn about SMA! Also thank you to Montoya for helping me start planning a way to not only raise awareness for a great cause Spinal Muscular Atrophy, but also for supporting my GoFundMe!

Any and ALL ideas you guys have for raising awareness for SMA or helping my GoFundMe gain traction please feel free to share in this thread! I will be compiling a list of ideas via GoogleDoc and will open it up at a later time when Montoya and I put together an official meeting to brainstorm. <3

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
I love how the internet is now allowing people from all walks of life to share happiness and warmth to people who probably we would have never met otherwise. Stars much respect for making the best of an unfortunate situation and lets get you this car for your obvious need to roadrage :P

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
How about running some sort of raffle, i think if there is a small prize like a basic stand alone ship (possible purchased with part of next months donate button or with a small part of the raffle profit) more people will jump on the band wagon. How about a £/$5 entrance fee, we must be able to get a decent amount of peeps to enter considering our the size of the community, maybe even open it up to the global SC community Info/comp post.

It would need a bit of setting up like a just giving page / paypal link and some simple rules...
I think thats a great idea

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
I will be compiling a list of ideas via GoogleDoc and will open it up at a later time when Montoya and I put together an official meeting to brainstorm. <3
Don't forget the jetpacks...

Reactions: Arrangingstars

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
A paid raffle would be a simply epic idea. The more entrants the tastier the prize and the more money we can raise for Stars! I don't think we'd be able to advertise or orchestrate it on the RSI forums however since they are only in support of open competitions.

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
So! To do list:

1) Set up a meeting to brainstorm fundraising/awareness ideas.
2) Talk to CIG community managers about a possible stream host for myself or another big streamer we have in TEST to help raise awareness/fundraising for CureSMA.org while playing Star Citizen's Arena Commander or perhaps even Star Marine if it's out when and if this becomes a possibility.
3) Set up an in-house raffle for TEST members only, and figure out what sort of stuff we should give away as a prize. Ship, t-shirt, patches, or something along those lines. Money would go towards Arrangingstar's GoFundMe unless we agree in the meeting that a percentage of every entry fee goes toward CureSMA.org for research.
4) Make signatures maybe that have something to do with SMA Awareness maybe? Like a ribbon (similarly to the breast cancer ribbon, there is one for SMA which I can show everyone in the future - or by doing a quick google search you can see it.)
5) See if people in TEST would be interested in doing a "SMAshAwaySMA" challenge, (similar to the ALS Ice Bucket challenge, but you smash a whipped cream pie in your face, or smash things like watermelons, etc, and record it then nominate others) to raise awareness for SMA.
6) Provide CureSMA.org banners/info to people interested in streaming in order to promote awareness for SMA if they were interested in doing charity streams.

More ideas to come but this is what I have compiled so far from your suggestions and my own thoughts!

#SMAshAwaySMA challenge example!:

Last edited:

MzHartz

Vice Admiral
May 24, 2015
RSI Handle
MzHartz
So! To do list:

1) Set up a meeting to brainstorm fundraising/awareness ideas.
2) Talk to CIG community managers about a possible stream host for myself or another big streamer we have in TEST to help raise awareness/fundraising for CureSMA.org while playing Star Citizen's Arena Commander or perhaps even Star Marine if it's out when and if this becomes a possibility.
3) Set up an in-house raffle for TEST members only, and figure out what sort of stuff we should give away as a prize. Ship, t-shirt, patches, or something along those lines. Money would go towards Arrangingstar's GoFundMe unless we agree in the meeting that a percentage of every entry fee goes toward CureSMA.org for research.
4) Make signatures maybe that have something to do with SMA Awareness maybe? Like a ribbon (similarly to the breast cancer ribbon, there is one for SMA which I can show everyone in the future - or by doing a quick google search you can see it.)
5) See if people in TEST would be interested in doing a "SMAshAwaySMA" challenge, (similar to the ALS Ice Bucket challenge, but you smash a whipped cream pie in your face, or smash things like watermelons, etc, and record it then nominate others) to raise awareness for SMA.
6) Provide CureSMA.org banners/info to people interested in streaming in order to promote awareness for SMA if they were interested in doing charity streams.

More ideas to come but this is what I have compiled so far from your suggestions and my own thoughts!

#SMAshAwaySMA challenge example!:

Love these ideas!

#CrashawaySMA comp for best Aurora ramming/crashing/failing/exploding vid :p
Ooh, is there a pic of two Auroras crashing into each other floating around anywhere? Or can someone make one? That would be a good TEST SMAshawaySMA signature banner.

Oh, I like the glitter egg smash too. I bet I could get some of my dancer friends to do that.

I'm working on setting up my stream, I'm more than happy to add some cureSMA stuff in there once I get it set up, and do a charity stream, etc.

Reactions: Arrangingstars

mromutt

Duck Army
Staff member
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
mromutt
#CrashawaySMA comp for best Aurora ramming/crashing/failing/exploding vid :p
This sounds like a clan activity I can fully get behind! We can all smash auroras into each other to support stars

Forgot your password?