CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
********** ATTENTION ********** VERY IMPORTANT **********

RSI has stated that starting in February Star Citizen and SQ42 would be split into 2 triple AAA Games.

This means that a person will have to purchase each AAA game separately.

If you know someone that is thinking of getting Star Citizen, they should do it before the end of THIS WEEK.

EDIT- Provided by: @Accented
Response from Ben Lesnick:

Hey guys! To clarify as best I can: the split is still happening, but it is not happening next week. We will give you at least two weeks clear notice before it happens.

(As for the reason for the change in dates, we've asked Turbulent do a little more engineering to support the change... specifically, allowing the option of having SQ42 as an addon to a Star Citizen package.)

******************************* UPDATE - IMPORTANT ********************************

********** IMPORTANT **********

From Around the Verse 28 Jan 2016
SC = Sandy Gardner
BL = Ben Lesnick

SG: That’s true. That is true. And part of the future is a change to how new players can pledge for Star Citizen and Squadron 42.

BL: Yes we’ve been talking about splitting up the Star Citizen and Squadron 42 packages for quite a while now and it is finally happening. We are announcing here officially that it will be the perfect day to split things up: Valentine’s Day, February 14th!

BL: When we kicked this off we essentially sold everybody two games for the price of one: Star Citizen and Squadron 42. And our early backers all have the advantage of the fact that they can get these two games for $45. And now new folks that come in much later will have to get them separately. So if you have not pledged for Star Citizen, first of all why are you watching Around the Verse, but please so before …

BL: So pick up Star Citizen and Squadron 42 together before Valentine’s Day. Makes a great gift for Valentine’s Day too if you …

------------------------------------------
Happy Valentine's Day TEST.
------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Thanks for the reminder Cosmic!

As I understand it, any game package sold after Feb will be for the SC PU only.

SQ42 will be a separate game completely.

Please correct me if wrong!

Reactions: CosmicTrader

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
Thanks for giving us this heads up Cosmic.

Now I gotta decide whether I want to buy that Avenger package or stick with my Beta :D

Ill-Tempered Monkey

Vice Admiral
Jan 18, 2016
RSI Handle
ITMonkey
Do we have a time frame on when we will no longer be able to buy back pledges on our account?

edit: Also, thanks for the heads up on this announcement!

Ill-Tempered Monkey

Vice Admiral
Jan 18, 2016
RSI Handle
ITMonkey
Thanks, Cosmic, I have an LTI Starfarer that I don't want to slip away. :)

Doing some digging, it appears that they are going to allow us to unmelt our previous pledges with credits...however, it appears it will be a single token / one shot kind of thing. Possibly coming next week?

@28:20

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
so wait, if we buy back - say a package we had that had SQ42 and SC PU will we get both in the future ??

On that note, I have many accounts and packages, with both the game and the PU... will i get seperate game Keys to sell now ?

Like, do i get a seperate game now with each package I own.. blue collar, AMD never settle packages, etc..

TinMan710

Lieutenant
Dec 17, 2015
RSI Handle
TinMan710
It sounds like they might be testing the un-melt system with the one token a piece and then they may open it up more from there. But there also might be the possibility that its like your handle change and you get one token and every one after that will cost you additional money to un-melt with store credits or something to that nature.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Sorry dumb Dutchie here, but does that mean I can melt my Freelancer with PTU and SQ42 and Sabre with LTI and buy one ship with all benefits?

Darquesse

Space Marshal
May 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Darquesse
Sorry dumb Dutchie here, but does that mean I can melt my Freelancer with PTU and SQ42 and Sabre with LTI and buy one ship with all benefits?
Simply put, your game package has Star Citizen and Squadron 42. Soon, any new packages being sold on the RSI site will only contain Star Citizen, and you will need to buy Squadron 42 as a separate game. So if you want to save a little bit of money, you can buy a package now and get both Squadron 42 and Star Citizen in one package.

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
New info from u/banditloaf (Ben from CIG):

Hey guys! To clarify as best I can: the split is still happening, but it is not happening next week. We will give you at least two weeks clear notice before it happens.

(As for the reason for the change in dates, we've asked Turbulent do a little more engineering to support the change... specifically, allowing the option of having SQ42 as an addon to a Star Citizen package.)

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
New info from u/banditloaf (Ben from CIG):

GREAT NEWS..... Thanks for the Update.

Forgot your password?