Operation Curveball

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I've not got an exploring capable vessel yet (although I guess it would be possible to retrofit a 300i?). If I don't have one by the time the PU launches I'm happy to provide support.

*pew* *pew*
No worries, there'll be plenty of TESTies out there with Freelancer DUR's, Aquilas, and Carracks that may participate in this operation, and have need of crew, when the PU spools up. So I'm not too worried about a lack of volunteers, getting 25 ships out of 4,000 potential volunteers shouldn't be very difficult. :)

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
We shall leave naught but consumed worlds in our wake

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
This sounds exactly the same as Operation Fastball, Operation Forkball, Operation Screwball.

In fact, this is exactly the same as Operation Screwball!

Reactions: CitizenDad

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
this is my plan

there are many others like it, but this one is mine

Timarien

Commander
Nov 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Timarien
You have my Herald and Dur.
For the glory of explosions!!!!

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
It involves harvesting system after system for the glory of TEST.

And it involves, at the very end, making a very stupid decision, and getting half of TEST blown up in pursuit of the objective.
So, to summarize:
Step 1: Harvest systems for TEST.
Step 2: Make very stupid decision.
Step 3: Get half of TEST blown up.

I'm no master strategician, but wouldn't it be far more effective to dispense with steps 1 and 2 and move straight on to step 3?

Edit: Unless of course the purpose of steps 1 and 2 is to ensure step 3 yields a bigger explosion and/or more beer. In which case, I am all in favor.

Reactions: SPRNinja

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Well, I didn't write this plan, but I'd assume that the harvesting we're doing is for explosives, and the bad decision is choosing to cover the explosives in beer, then light the beer on fire to see how big of an explosion will be made, presumably taking out most of TEST(and hopefully a couple of unaware noobs).

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
There will be beer.

The harvesting of system resources is intended to fund TEST Squadron's beer runs, Aurora Lawndarts, and explosions.

We just need to stockpile.

So the "very stupid" decision is going to be at the end of Curveball, not during. I do imagine, however, that there will be many stupid decisions made by the rank and file participating in Curveball. Hopefully, the harvests will also cover those expenditures.

Civil Hypocricy

Rear Admiral
Nov 8, 2014
RSI Handle
Civil_Hypocrisy
The very first step is going to require assembling teams of explorers for mapping out the unknown systems in every direction from Sol and Terra. We're gonna need maybe...twenty-five or more explorer ships actively hunting for new systems in the first week of PU alone. That's the biggest factor - the sooner we get information on potential systems to chew on, the better. Making sure the ships are also equipped with resource scanners (to help determine the value of mineral deposits, and the like) will be a plus, as that would cut down on the amount of time required to analyze each system's value.

Most other organizations with an eye on getting into the fringes of the galaxy will be doing this, too.

I know I'll be putting my Aquila on the line for this. What about you? :D
A friend of mine has an Aquila that would most definitely be up for the job. For the next steps, my Taurus will be there... Though it may be an MM or caterpillar by then.

HID45

Commander
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
HID45
Which current ships has the mentioned resource scanners? Will 315p do? Not that I have one, but that would be the cheapest. My MIS has the same sensor boobs than DUR but it doesn't say much about sensors in the spec sheet. I'm however eager to spam some missiles for the mission!

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Which current ships has the mentioned resource scanners? Will 315p do? Not that I have one, but that would be the cheapest. My MIS has the same sensor boobs than DUR but it doesn't say much about sensors in the spec sheet. I'm however eager to spam some missiles to for the mission!
The DUR, Aquila and Carrack should have them. The sensor packages on the 315p are probably also capable of doing resource scans, but it probably isn't as good as the heavier duty sensor packages.

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
Wow. sup necrothread. What was this about again? *goes back to read thread*

Forgot your password?