Operation: "Dustpan"

Takers on participating: Please select your Role

• Total voters

Opiepal

Space Marshal
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Opiepal
As I have given a lot of thought to the idea of Operation: "Pitchfork", I have decided that there is money to be made here.

So if we, as the population, will only make up 10% of the population and the fact that there will only be so many users in a specific instance at a time. I do not see Operation: "Pitchfork" succeeding. That being said, I would like to introduce an idea for an operation that will be lucrative and also have a better chance of success... Operation: "Dustpan". I cannot take credit for the name that would go to Timlinktom. Here is the idea below.

The clean up crew of will have to comprise of:

Scouts: To identify the location of lucrative destroyed unsuccessful battles of Operation: "Pitchfork"
Reclaimers: The salvage equipment to process the lucrative material
Merchantman/Hull Series C and up: for material that is transferable to truck back to UEE safe space
Security Force: To protect the salvage ships and truckers during operation

This will be a time sensitive operation. It will need to be standing by to push into a battle that is nearing and end and have enough fighters to fend off the remaining Vanduul. Scouts will have to be in the vicinity of the battle to keep the wreckage static until the main body can arrive.

Let me know your thoughts!

Last edited:

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
As I have given a lot of thought to the idea of Operation: "Pitchfork", I have decided that there is money to be made here.

So if us as the population will only make up 10% of the population and the fact that there will only be so many users in a specific instance at a time. I do not see Operation: "Pitchfork" succeeding. That being said, I would like to introduce an idea for an operation that will be lucrative and also have a better chance of success... Operation: "Dustpan". I cannot take credit for the name that would go to Timlinktom. Here is the idea below.

Scouts: To identify the location of lucrative destroyed unsuccessful battles of Operation: "Pitchfork"
Merchantman/Hull Series C and up: for material that is transferable to truck back to UEE safe space

This will be a time sensitive operation. It will need to be standing by to push into a battle that is nearing and end and have enough fighters to fend off the remaining Vanduul. Scouts will have to be in the vicinity of the battle to keep the wreckage static until the main body can arrive.

There are a bunch more ships to cover the above roles or multi-purpose. 315p can salvage and scout at the same time. Cutlass can fullfill all of the above roles. Truckers can be ships with any hull space big enough.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato

So if us as the population will only make up 10% of the population and the fact that there will only be so many users in a specific instance at a time. I do not see Operation: "Pitchfork" succeeding. That being said, I would like to introduce an idea for an operation that will be lucrative and also have a better chance of success... Operation: "Dustpan". I cannot take credit for the name that would go to Timlinktom. Here is the idea below.

That largely depends on the instancing system, remember that.

There are two easy systems to identify: Orion and Tiber, as well as the systems leading to those sectors.

Depending on how the Persistent Universe shakes out, it'll be important to consider how much manpower we should invest in this.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Opiepal

Space Marshal
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Opiepal
There are a bunch more ships to cover the above roles or multi-purpose. 315p can salvage and scout at the same time. Cutlass can fullfill all of the above roles. Truckers can be ships with any hull space big enough.
I completely agree... As you can see in the role selection I just put the role and not the ship. I was using examples to keep from cluttering the initial message. I do think anyone can bring anything that could help. I was merely giving an idea of what would best fill the roles for a few of them.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Opiepal

Space Marshal
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Opiepal
That largely depends on the instancing system, remember that.

There are two easy systems to identify: Orion and Tiber, as well as the systems leading to those sectors.

Depending on how the Persistent Universe shakes out, it'll be important to consider how much manpower we should invest in this.
There is a lot to research and to wait for development to tailor the idea of this operation and the size. I do see this working as multiple clean up crews to increase the success of the overall mission. But again time will give us a better idea if it will be possible, and how best to go about it. Thanks!

Reactions: Chairman Meow

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
If operation pitchforks takes place the last day of the alpha, isn't that useless as once the game is released I think you'll just have access to what you bought, not what you gained ingame ?
At least I think.

Anyway, I'm up for this, it's funny ! Guss de Scout best scout

Opiepal

Space Marshal
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Opiepal
If operation pitchforks takes place the last day of the alpha, isn't that useless as once the game is released I think you'll just have access to what you bought, not what you gained ingame ?
At least I think.

Anyway, I'm up for this, it's funny ! Guss de Scout best scout

This is true... But it will be a great test of the for future "known" operations. And there is the possibility that Operations: "Pitchfork" makes a Beta attempt.

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
This is true... But it will be a great test of the for future "known" operations. And there is the possibility that Operations: "Pitchfork" makes a Beta attempt.
I meant beta when I wrote alpha.
THe same goes for the beta I think, you don't keep what you farmed into the released game.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
By the time this all happens, I will "hopefully" have either the parts for my Tali, to make it an Exploration/scout ship, or have another exploration/scout ship to help out with, but I like finding shiny things, either way you look at it.

Reactions: Opiepal

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
There's a reason I named my Reclaimer Afterparty. I'm 100% onboard with this. Dibs on all fermented liquids!

Reactions: Space Monkey

Doozie

Rear Admiral
Donor
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Doozie
Well since I only have a Superhornet it looks like I'll fly the Superhornet!

EnclaveZombie

Vice Admiral
Aug 8, 2015
RSI Handle
EnclaveZombie
I wouldn't call it traitorous, I would call it an investment of time and resources by non-combat personnel for the betterment of the economical status of the verse. AKA "This hauler aint gonna do much against them vanduul fellas, but I don't mind cleanin up the place after. You know, for the beautifying of space and what not."

Reactions: mromutt

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
I'm still undecided on what side I'll be on when it comes to Operation Pitchfork. I love the concept of the operation, but I also think it'd be funny to be a part of Operation Yawspoon.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I wouldn't call it traitorous, I would call it an investment of time and resources by non-combat personnel for the betterment of the economical status of the verse. AKA "This hauler aint gonna do much against them vanduul fellas, but I don't mind cleanin up the place after. You know, for the beautifying of space and what not."
Why not both? It's called cleaning up after yourself.

Forgot your password?