Security Operation Meteor Shower Recruitment (MISSION COMPLETE)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Feel the same...
Love if there will be another event on Sunday, especially becouse this will interfeer with the CFT events (stating at 3PM EST or 8 PM UTC)... I don't want to have to choose beteween the two:thump:
Looking forward form some video of all the event!!!
I discussed this with @sum1.

the 8th will be the leadership and interest meeting, location scouting, and tactics overview. The Operation will consist of Ground troops and Air support.
Ground training will be the 15th and Air Support with be the 22nd.
with the final, combined arms raid into the PU on the 29th.
Next Saturday, February 8th would be a briefing. No issues there, unless you want to hang out in #CFT Briefing at 19:30 UTC to wait 30 minutes for the start of CFT.
February 15th and 22nd Sum1 estimated 1 - 1,5 hours, but I warned him that he might underestimate PU hurdles.
February 29th Sum1 estimated 2+ hours. This event will surely conflict with CFT.

I would advise you to go to the meeting, the 8th, to hear what the plans are.
If everybody is ready at 19:00 UTC, the 15th and 22nd and no major hurdles delay the event, then Sum1 could be right and it only takes 1 - 1,5 hours.
The 29th would be a choice. Maybe we can figure out a way to combine CFT with operation Meteor Shower, but that option still is open for discussion.

The 8th I won't be present myself, which I really regret. I want to hear what plans are and maybe contribute something.
The 15th is tight for me. Usually I tend to start preparing for CFT 1 hour ahead of the actual start, hang out in #CFT Briefing room to prepare people, check if they have all RSI handles added, make sure that they are in PU Port Olisar, otherwise: no worries, still some time left, make sure that they have weapons and TEST armor, in case the event also has FPS elements. The 15th is a special CFT event because it also is CFT 3rd TESTiversary.
The 22nd I'm out of town. Air Support? Damn, I tend to do better in air then on ground 😁 This is one of the reasons why I participated in previous GRASP training, 2 years ago. I still am not good in FPS, but at least now I have a tactical advantage insight.

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
Did someone say golden...shower?

I think I'll sign up as a drop pilot. If my men can survive the landing I dont think any ground forces will scare them!
Great to have you! do you have a drop-ship you can bring or do we need to find you one?
I would like to join in the ground training as well. I suck at fps. Of course I suck at ship combat too.

Now that i think of it, my flying skills; well, let's not ruin the surprise! Maybe you're all on mobile and can't see my signature.
So it will be impossible to both do dropship and FPS, as it would require you to be in different places at the same time. If you would rather do one over the other let me know and I will add you to that... with how you are describing your flying skills it may surprise you to know that that is just about the right mindset for a combat dropship landing.
Maybe we can figure out a way to combine CFT with operation Meteor Shower, but that option still is open for discussion.
I am totally down. In the future, I will (try) to be better about this, regretfully I am also really bad about this. We do need combat dropships, that is a very CFT thing.
To be clear, I support this event, I only don't like it's timing. @sum1, your timing sucks 😁
ya, I know.... organizational planning is really not my strong suit. I am the kinda guy that gets caught up in the tactical plan and forgets the logistics of it.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
So it will be impossible to both do dropship and FPS, as it would require you to be in different places at the same time
I'll definitely stick to the pilot role. Was just wondering if I could kinda *show up* for fps training as well. I could use some pointers in that department, but not really interested in the fps fight on the final day.

do you have a drop-ship you can bring or do we need to find you one?
That depends on if you're set using a Vanguard. I don't own one.

I'd assume a Cutty Red would be good so people can respawn in the area. Maybe not let them back in the fight, but at least they'd be nearby and could continue to watch the game. I do have the Red.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
.... organizational planning is really not my strong suit. I am the kinda guy that gets caught up in the tactical plan and forgets the logistics of it.
here's a pro tip

trying to maintain Operational Security in the den of SPAIS that is TEST is a waste of time and effort

Reactions: marcsand2 and sum1

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I'll definitely stick to the pilot role. Was just wondering if I could kinda *show up* for fps training as well. I could use some pointers in that department, but not really interested in the fps fight on the final day.

That depends on if you're set using a Vanguard. I don't own one.

I'd assume a Cutty Red would be good so people can respawn in the area. Maybe not let them back in the fight, but at least they'd be nearby and could continue to watch the game. I do have the Red.
Does the red have drop seats for at least 4 people? where they will be able to strap in (as they will in full game) but also be able to deploy easily? If so It will do. If not I should have a ship that will work. (whatever the Redeemer gets you in-game now)
here's a pro tip

trying to maintain Operational Security in the den of SPAIS that is TEST is a waste of time and effort
I know, yet I still try....

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Does the red have drop seats for at least 4 people? where they will be able to strap in (as they will in full game) but also be able to deploy easily? /.../
Nope, no jump seats in Red. Unfortunately, you have to choose between ambulance and dropship wannabe (Cutlass Black)

----
BTW, I can take the recon team lead role ; )
Or any other role, if necessary :o7:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Does the red have drop seats for at least 4 people? where they will be able to strap in (as they will in full game
Nah, the Black does though. It'd probably be good since it has vertical engines for a more dynamic entrance. And an assault ramp out the back.

My Gemini has seats. But it might be too big for this. It's a bit overkill for small fights since it could just take out the other team without landing.

I can get in game this week and rent a Vanguard to see how it flies. Practice a little.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Gemini is the multi-purpose spacecraft perfect for dynamic troop insertions and quick vehicle deployments ; )
Yeah, hopefully in the next few patches if it's more stable we could up the game and drop in with Geminis on each team and unload a couple Ursa Rovers to go with it.

Although that's practically Theaters of War at that point.

Ryonin Shonin

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
RyoninShonin
If there is an interest I can try to plan future events at different times. But since I can't always be playing video games (RIP) if there is interest in times I can not help directly I will offer any assistance I can.

I put you on the Assault Team. Welcome!

Welcome aboard the Thunder Wasp! (please don't crash her)
I'll fly smooth and gentle. No worries I have my Aurora to practice crashing with lol. I have a hammerhead on loan for my Polaris so I'm familiar with it's flight model. Will we be flying map of the earth?

Forgot your password?