Org funded Endeavor?

Get an Endeavor?

• Yes, we need all the ships!

Votes: 67 65.0%
  • No, just get it when the game comes out!

Votes: 36 35.0%

• Total voters

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Pricing for the Endeavor is out:

- Base Endeavor (Standard Labs Attached) - $425
- Base Hope (Hospital Layout) - $450
- Base Endeavor (No Pods) - $350

We are still short on details, but the science vessel will probably do sciencey stuff, perhaps research that is required to build things? Make quantum fuel? Im not really clear on its purpose until they enlighten us further.

The hospital ship is self explanatory, we will need that one a lot.

Biodomes, Im not really sure what they are for, but we will most likely grow our own space hops and barley.

Should we fund one for the org?

I have opposing views on the matter:

1) We are big enough as an org that we will most likely be able to afford one in-game within a few weeks of game play. No need to pay real cash for the ship.

2) If something like a hospital ship is critical in the opening days and weeks, then it could be beneficial to buy one. Will having a science ship on day 1 allow things to be researched and produced faster? Then yes, we will probably want one sooner than later.

Let me know your thoughts and if you are interested in funding one for the org.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Let's get one, and only one. But we get the Base Endeavor (No Pods). That way, we have a ship ready to go within a week of launch (with pod donations) so that we can have a mobile Pathfinders Headquarters for processing our mapping data with.

The Endeavor is going to be really valuable for our Pathfinder/Exploration groups.

I am also not against forgoing the Endeavor sale, but we'd lose out on LTI, which makes the asset riskier to acquire in such an early phase of the organization's time in the PU.

Stee Jans

Grand Admiral
Sep 1, 2015
RSI Handle
SteeJans
I think it'll be worth having from the beginning. Science yo! I'll gladly chip in. My only request is that I get to perform experimental surgical procedures on our enemies.

that_frog_kurtis

Space Marshal
Dec 3, 2013
RSI Handle
I'm meh about an org Endeavor, I think we will have enough members that will own them but not be using them immediately at launch to be able to borrow one for the small amount of time between us learning we need one and being able to buy one in game if the requirement arises.

AwesomeDude

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 25, 2015
RSI Handle
TheAwesomeDude
If we are getting one i think it should be a Hope, already enough pew pew and Medical is more important for org operations than science is.

Kersakov

Rear Admiral
Donor
Apr 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Kersakov
Let's face it, everyone is TEST is going to die pretty quickly; a hospital ship seems like a logical thing to have from the beginning.

Reactions: Sanbo

honcho12

Space Marshal
Oct 12, 2014
RSI Handle
honcho12
We should absolutely get a base endeavor, and wait on pods until we know what they'll all be good for!

Nightrider

Media Propaganda Czar
Jul 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Nightrider
Hoping that TEST gets an Endeavor, after all we do need a quality beer and spirits refinery.
TEST runs more effectively liquored up.

We have a requirement to have 42% more beer than other organizations.

Reactions: Soven Taliesyn

KingNerd

Admiral
Jul 14, 2015
RSI Handle
KingNerd
Hoping that TEST gets an Endeavor, after all we do need a quality beer and spirits refinery.
TEST runs more effectively liquored up.

We have a requirement to have 42% more beer than other organizations.
Did you say something about spai's being planted within other orgs specifically to count their current alcohol rations?

Forgot your password?