Org funded Endeavor?

Get an Endeavor?

• Yes, we need all the ships!

Votes: 67 65.0%
  • No, just get it when the game comes out!

Votes: 36 35.0%

• Total voters

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
My vote is for a Hospital Ship and I'll put in a few bucks. It will be handy during Operational pitchfork and/or Yawspoon but if a bunch of people will have some of these anyways might as well capitalize on those. These ships will need crew and I don't know that people will necessarily want to spend their time in an endeavor when the fight is outside.

TexasSkulls

Identifies as an Aurora Missile
Donor
Jul 18, 2015
RSI Handle
TexasSkulls
I agree that the org should have one. But I disagree that the org needs to buy one now. Consider how many members we have, and how many of those members will have an Endeavor on top of multiple other ships, myself included. TEST will have an Endeavor without buying one just because of how many members we have.

Soven Taliesyn

Space Marshal
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Soven-Taliesyn
Nay, I say. Nay. We are a large enough group that we could probably get one w/ in days of launch. Besides, they've said that somewhere after PU launches that we'll eventually be able to earn UEC and buy from in game market. We will easily be able to save up for one while just flying around Stanton.

Edit: I just want a redeemer.....oh sweet sweet redeemer. We'll have some really good times together, me and my redeemer.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
My take on it is if it is a larger ship like what the idris used to be then it will not be in game right away. so we would be spending real money to get it when it comes out after we are already playing in witch case we can already have the money to buy some when they launch.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
They said they would launch the pu then later add in the larger ships. so why buy it with real money when we can have a savings account in game set up for it for when it launches.

LiterallyAlty

Space Marshal
Jul 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Literally
Personally, if we do get one then I'd suggest getting the Hope. At least that way we have a config that we know that we'll definitely have use for right off the bat.
I don't see a reason to get one for sure, though. Crew requirements are as unknown as when the next Permaband music video will be released.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I think a Hospital variant would be a good group buy. Have it loaned out to big groups in case shit hits the fan, so we can patch our mates up.

As far as the vanilla Endeavor....eh. Science doesn't seem that USEFUL, ya know? Maybe I'll change my mind when the details are more concrete about science gameplay, but right now I don't think it's useful enough.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
Let's get one :)

CrimsonCyclist

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2014
RSI Handle
CrimsonCyclist
Has one started or plan on starting a Medical Unit inside of TEST?
That's not a bad idea to be honest, at least in terms of having an idea how many of our members are going with the Search and Rescue / Hospital Medic so we can co-ordinate from small operations to big fleet battles.

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
since when you "die" in space, you are supposed to wake up in a recovery room in a hospital. does that mean people will respawn on this ship? if so it would be good to have one that is dedicated to going out with our main fleet of capital ships

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Initially I was all "lets get one". However if those come out with a reasonably long insurance, and one or more of our members has a hospital Endeavour, I don't see a reason why we should get one as an org now. We could gain one in game later while we utilize our members.

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Set up a little bit of tax in game and we'll be fine! We'll earn the ships we need in no time!

We might not raise more than enough for 1-3 of them now, but we could get ten or twenty times that once the game releases!

Forgot your password?