Origin G12 revealed

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
So... any noise as to what the loaner is for this ride, yet?
Cyclones -

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
I must be the only one not keen on it!

She FUGLY bro!!
Not my favorite either but I am a fan of Origin so, I like to keep it uniform, 600i has to have the g12 in the garage haha. But I agree, my favorite ground vehicle atm are the Rangers, Cyclones.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Cyclones -

Cheers! 🙂
I must be the only one not keen on it!

She FUGLY bro!!
And still I like it over the Ursa 😉

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Looks like a fun little machine, but now that I've driven all wheeled machines currently in game I gotta wonder when will we get to point where they aren't just crap.

- the greycat, which they are giving away in the promotion as well, has been absolutely undrivable since its been in the game. It was the first thing to move I believe, even before we get to fly anything, but it's still the same model, suspension is broken and it just blows up fairly regularly. I don't think it's a wise choice to try and sell your game with such a broken asset.

- the cyclones sometimes work, but feel like they are either doing 400mph or weigh less than 50pounds/kilos whatever... you will end up flipping them. It's fun though.

- the 8 wheel drive behemoth of the ballista has no weight as it jumps around as much as the cyclones, yet it has no torque as it will get stuck on the smallest rock even with 4 of its wheels touching the ground. But with boost it can outrun and outdrift anything from the FnF movies lol
(Pictured: it took me over 5 minutes to get it off that rock, 99% thanks to the wind or broken physics moving it around. It just didn't have the power to turn it's wheels, at all)
IMG_20200523_142857.jpg

IMG_20200523_142907.jpg

- the ursa seems to have the same issues as well, at least it's kinda fun like the cyclone as it's smaller

I really like all these wheeled vehicles but I fear they are fundamentally broken, and will require a full rework to make them work as they are intended, which will take a lot of time.

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
Driving that Ballista around is like riding on the back of a 20 ton slug lol, its slow as hell, turns like the Titanic trying to get away from an iceberg, but man when you get into that launcher seat knowing you got some torps under that trigger, its an adrenaline rush lol

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
The Anvil Ballista definitely is a beast.

My hunch is that they won't be useful / valuable … until .. there is a real player-run-base defense component to the game. Then they will be essential.
That's why I'm excited about TOW. That game mode is gonna give us a good taste of how combined arms warfare will work in the PU (and allow the devs to balance/tune the different components).

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I don't know where you guys tried the ballista, but on Hurston, if you keep pushing shift for boost while accelerating and turn the wheel even a bit, it's ass will swap places with its front in the blink of an eye, like an old Porsche. It's got snap oversteer for gods sake lol.
It's no 20ton beast, it's comical it's what it is lol
Nevertheless, it is rather glorious to ride!

Forgot your password?