Orion is here !

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Orion = purrfect. :D

Now if only those darn containers stopped spinning, we might get something done.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Updated with the Mini-game link
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14535-Orion-Vault-A-Loan-In-The-Verse

I've completed the game, and made over a million more.
Mining is very profitable if you know what to do.
The trick is to upgrade the "prospect" and find "Rare transuranics" to refine, this material is super expensive lol.

But the game is bugged, I cant display my title, and it gets very laggy the longer you play.
I restarted the game for another try and it completely bugged on me.

Edit: Yay got the Badge "Prospector" !

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Updated with the Mini-game link
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14535-Orion-Vault-A-Loan-In-The-Verse

I've completed the game, and made over a million more.
Mining is very profitable if you know what to do.
The trick is to upgrade the "prospect" and find "Rare transuranics" to refine, this material is super expensive lol.

But the game is bugged, I cant display my title, and it gets very laggy the longer you play.
I restarted the game for another try and it completely bugged on me.

Edit: Yay got the Badge "Prospector" !
Question, once you 'prospect' are you locked in on that source of materials to survey and drill or what?

Horus Taber

Commander
Dec 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Horus_T
Question, once you 'prospect' are you locked in on that source of materials to survey and drill or what?
I don't think you can mine anything you have not prospected in regards for the mini game.

In regards to the real mining mechanic just as a little anecdote, I think surveying will just give you knowledge of the types of material in the range of the surveyor. I do believe you could mine anywhere and end up getting other materials that the scanner did not/can not pick up in range, but you run the risk of not knowing the volatility and composition of the area, thus it may not be recommended.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
Keep scans constantly up to "Safe"

You Survey to locate rocks,
You Drill to make a hole,
You Prospect to discover type of material,

Go to Drone tab, and allocate drones to type of material you want.
Retrieve Sled to collect the ore and Auto Refines.
Once refined go to Market Tab and sell material.

Upgrade equipment when you have money.
And pay back your debt when you can.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
Did you guys get your display titles? I didn't :(

/edit I played it a couple hours ago.. I'll try again =/

Getbuzy

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Getbuzy
Yay prospector. Obviously I don't know how to look for information very efficiently, but am I to assume each of the "tasks" represent what each of the crew members aboard the ship will have to accomplish within their said roll? Crew 1, Survey, Crew 2, Scan, Crew 3, Drill etc.... is that a fair assumption?

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
Yay prospector. Obviously I don't know how to look for information very efficiently, but am I to assume each of the "tasks" represent what each of the crew members aboard the ship will have to accomplish within their said roll? Crew 1, Survey, Crew 2, Scan, Crew 3, Drill etc.... is that a fair assumption?
How do you see the fruit of your labors...? I played it...paid off the dept...got the Prospector message...now what?

Forgot your password?