p##sed right off...

baal_15

Grand Admiral
Mar 18, 2017
RSI Handle
baal_15
after far to much time away from sc i decided to login update and see what i have been missing , omfg it's now worse than ever before ! only having about 10k credits and a avenger titan to my name i decided to try some trading to earn some extra credit's and familiarize myself with the in-game and flight controls. the problem being is no matter what i tried with'in 2 hours ive lost all my money as i haven't been able to sell the goods anywhere i even tried using sc trading apps ! so i then thought ok i'll try some easy contracts to gain back some credits how wrong i am ! not only can i not deliver a fucking box ( 3 times i tried ) to earn a few cred's i was also unable to get payed just to retrieve some info for a insurance claim ! after 6+ years and over 300 million in crowd funding how am i im still unable to complete basic money making task's ? i have wasted my whole afternoon frustrated and pissed off and for what ? absolutely nothing , im left with 450 credits and a very bad experience cheers Chris Roberts this experience has left me wondering why should i invest another penny in this project let alone log back in.....

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Sounds like you had a rough time!

At any point in this misadventure did you bother asking anybody in Discord for help? Or even ask somebody in your org to toss you 100k UEC to get you rolling?

The entire point of being in an org is to be able to call on friends for help.

Dont suffer alone!

Everybody was doing the Xenothreat event and feedback has been incredible!

1611604081151.png

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
So you and anybody else out there reading this:

Star Citizen is a rough game to jump into solo, there are no tutorials, plenty of bugs and blockers. Its best to drop into chat, find some people in the game and get some guidance instead of going it alone.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Sorry to hear you had a bum time, I've been hearing reports from players that trading is apparently buggered right now. I've not had much issue shifting Asthine gas at Olisar but then I'm moving 291scu quantity in a Starfarer, for a small ship trading isn't going to be very productive right now.

Combat missions and mining appear to be the earners this patch. I've only mined when I was unjustly sent to prison but mining on foot with the multitool is surprisingly good fun.

In the words of Chumbawumba: "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down." Keep at it, and don't hesitate to call on your TESTies for help and friendly advice :like:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Oh dear it's a shame you didn't post a thread before you started back or we would have told you to avoid trading at all costs as it's totally broken!!

Best way to earn a bit of coin with an avenger is probably to do some bounty hunter or box transfer missions. Don't give up you can do one or two bounty hunter and one or 2 box missions and you'll have 20k in no time!!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
after far to much time away from sc i decided to login update and see what i have been missing , omfg it's now worse than ever before ! only having about 10k credits and a avenger titan to my name i decided to try some trading to earn some extra credit's and familiarize myself with the in-game and flight controls. the problem being is no matter what i tried with'in 2 hours ive lost all my money as i haven't been able to sell the goods anywhere i even tried using sc trading apps ! so i then thought ok i'll try some easy contracts to gain back some credits how wrong i am ! not only can i not deliver a fucking box ( 3 times i tried ) to earn a few cred's i was also unable to get payed just to retrieve some info for a insurance claim ! after 6+ years and over 300 million in crowd funding how am i im still unable to complete basic money making task's ? i have wasted my whole afternoon frustrated and pissed off and for what ? absolutely nothing , im left with 450 credits and a very bad experience cheers Chris Roberts this experience has left me wondering why should i invest another penny in this project let alone log back in.....
Hmmm interesting... considering that this same afternoon I've played a couple of hours and made up half a milion (stagin now at 4.5_something MILIONS aUAC) with just some basic mission I think you are a bit over-acting and unable to tolerate that SC is, basically, an early access game and that mean bugs (a lot off even if small one...) and problem.
From my prospective if "after far to much time away" the only thing you see are bug and problem and none of the tech that dropped SC is defenetly not something for you.

I'm not saying that SC is free of broblems, quite the opposite, but stating that after "6+ years and over 300 million in crowd funding how am i im still unable to complete basic money making task's" is a bit too harsh reaction: maybe try other game interaction over trading or, as state by Montoya ask orgmate for suggestion teinther of those whould be a better solution over a meaningless ranting.

baal_15

Grand Admiral
Mar 18, 2017
RSI Handle
baal_15
Sounds like you had a rough time!

At any point in this misadventure did you bother asking anybody in Discord for help? Or even ask somebody in your org to toss you 100k UEC to get you rolling?

The entire point of being in an org is to be able to call on friends for help.

Dont suffer alone!

Everybody was doing the Xenothreat event and feedback has been incredible!

View attachment 20172
thanx for your reply our glorious leader no i didn't ask in discord i was solo but did ask for advice in-chat to no avail after a few well deserved beers and an apology to the misses i've calmed down and realised i still do love this game lol :-)

baal_15

Grand Admiral
Mar 18, 2017
RSI Handle
baal_15
So you and anybody else out there reading this:

Star Citizen is a rough game to jump into solo, there are no tutorials, plenty of bugs and blockers. Its best to drop into chat, find some people in the game and get some guidance instead of going it alone.
[/Q
Sorry to hear you had a bum time, I've been hearing reports from players that trading is apparently buggered right now. I've not had much issue shifting Asthine gas at Olisar but then I'm moving 291scu quantity in a Starfarer, for a small ship trading isn't going to be very productive right now.

Combat missions and mining appear to be the earners this patch. I've only mined when I was unjustly sent to prison but mining on foot with the multitool is surprisingly good fun.

In the words of Chumbawumba: "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down." Keep at it, and don't hesitate to call on your TESTies for help and friendly advice :like:
mining on foot ? my god i have been away far to long...

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
thanx for your reply our glorious leader no i didn't ask in discord i was solo but did ask for advice in-chat to no avail after a few well deserved beers and an apology to the misses i've calmed down and realised i still do love this game lol :-)
Its too late!

You said hateful things against the pure and innocent Star Citizen! You shall now be cursed with 30k crashes every 5min!

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
I came back recently with similar issues. I have used my Cutty Black now to run those 3 box missions. I'm such a bad pilot I couldn't do ANY of the missions where someone shot at me. LOL. But, by doing the 3 box missions around Port O. I've learned to fly again (my experience, the 3 box missions around Arc Corp are more buggy, I won't do them anymore). I think 1 out of every 3 times I work one, it ends up buggy and I fail. I started doing some trading while delivering, and that exposed some more bugs, but one thing I found, if I fly to Arc Corp I can sell anything I buy, but I can't sell it at Port O! Strange, but it's working for me.

And I have almost 60,000 aUEC now, and it's time to upgrade that shield generator, thanks to awesome advice from @Cugino83 and @FZD in a separate thread, and go have someone shoot at me again, so I start learning how to shoot back and actually hit something!

More 🍺🍺🍺🍺 helps too.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino

And I have almost 60,000 aUEC now, and it's time to upgrade that shield generator, thanks to awesome advice from @Cugino83 and @FZD in a separate thread, and go have someone shoot at me again, so I start learning how to shoot back and actually hit something!

More 🍺🍺🍺🍺 helps too.
Suggestion:
for target practice do the "illegal surveilance" mission: 3 static target to deal with (you need to find them by scanning via PING) and some small ship to earn some extra by the "Call to arm mission".
20000+ aUAC easy peasy....😉
one you are more confident the ECN alllert at 21000 are a good array of opponents to fight, easy enough and pay well also.

Reactions: Deroth and Graptor

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
If its one thing I have learned over the years its that everyone has their own experience in SC, fleet week in 2020 for me was unplayable, I had to reset my character almost everyday and yet there were people logging in without an issue. I personally have good patches and bad patches, 3.8/3.9 for me were horrible and yet for others it was some of the best patches for them. 3.11/3.12 have been much better for me and yet for others its unplayable. There are way to many factors in play to figure out why some people are affected and others are not. I can only say its going to take more than 1 session, 1 day, 1 week to get the best experience out of this Alpha, if after a week it doesn't get better do what I did, take a break and wait for the next update sometimes it makes a world of difference.

I recently got a friend of mine to try the game for the first time, I know how rough this game is to log on not having played it and try to figure stuff out, literally after walking him through about 15 min of basics he was already flying, landing, taking off and didn't even crash 1 time because I took him somewhere to learn the ship mechanics instead of trying to do it in a space dock lmao, we all know the first time we tried to take off and land, it usually ends up with you crashing into the station or a door or a wall haha.

Anyways, he was so impressed he upgraded to a Titan from an Alpha and now he can't stop talking about the game after 1 day in, again everyone has their own experiences, there were patches where I said literally the same you did lmao but I learned it just wasn't my patch, keep trying it gets better! :P

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I recently got a friend of mine to try the game for the first time, I know how rough this game is to log on not having played it and try to figure stuff out, literally after walking him through about 15 min of basics he was already flying, landing, taking off and didn't even crash 1 time because I took him somewhere to learn the ship mechanics instead of trying to do it in a space dock lmao, we all know the first time we tried to take off and land, it usually ends up with you crashing into the station or a door or a wall haha.
Sorry he cant join TEST he doesn't crash enough.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I do not do ANYTHING in the game seriously anymore other than to have fun.
And that is kinda of a must because of the bugs and issues.
I do not try to get rich in-game... even though technically I am already, because it would just be wasted energy.
I don't take big risks if I do invest any time for earning aUEC.

SC is very frustrating if you take it seriously right now.
It is better served as a visual simulator for the time being.

I personally enjoy the bounty hunting missions.
Mining refining is meh because I have to transport to sell it.... and we all know transporting is hit or miss. ergo high risk.

Other than that... there is not much else worth doing without that high risk 30K or failure or explosion or some other issue.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I do not do ANYTHING in the game seriously anymore other than to have fun.
And that is kinda of a must because of the bugs and issues.
I do not try to get rich in-game... even though technically I am already, because it would just be wasted energy.
I don't take big risks if I do invest any time for earning aUEC.

SC is very frustrating if you take it seriously right now.
It is better served as a visual simulator for the time being.

I personally enjoy the bounty hunting missions.
Mining refining is meh because I have to transport to sell it.... and we all know transporting is hit or miss. ergo high risk.

Other than that... there is not much else worth doing without that high risk 30K or failure or explosion or some other issue.

Wait. Are you implying there will be a time to take SC serious? Cause I joined to fly beers and drink ships.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Yep. Taking it very seriously. I was listening to "Learning to Fly" by Pink Floyd and this happened:
View attachment 20203
What's wrong with that? That's a pretty normal landing at microTech. (Edit... fixed location name) You're even able to exit your ship.

Unless your ship can land in one of the towers or the vertical landing pads, you have to be a damn good pilot to land there. You can land though. Keep your speed up more than feels comfortable, and approach the landing pad nose up.

More often than not, it'll feel like a crash landing. Try it a few dozen times to get the hang of it. But the interior of the city is just as broken. Trains don't know to open their doors, NPC's lined up blocking access routes, vendors that don't have any food or drink..;. it's a mess. Hopefully next patch they'll have fixed some of it. We can always hope anyway.

Last edited:

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
What's wrong with that? That's a pretty normal landing at arkCorp. You're even able to exit your ship.
I was thinking of the Squadron the whole time I tried to extract myself from the tree! LOL. I was having a blast. I laughed for 5 minutes after hitting F4 and seeing the predicament I had gotten myself into. That shot was from several weeks ago, and I've since learned to land there, and avoid it because of bugginess.

Forgot your password?