Passive cooling GPU

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I've made a little deal with myself - I have two ships i'd be okay melting for this. If the 600i is cheaper than those two melted and the cost of the 1050 together (about £100gbp), I'll be okay going for it as long as it fits my needs for a large ship. If it is more I m not touching it no matter how nice. And it has to have signs of showing before pay-day.

I've had too long to think about this ship pledge, really... I've been waiting so long for the 600, I heard it was a legend - like a Unicorn or a T-Total TESTie. That photo on the back of the Defender brochure? Hoax'd, turns out it was a crashed Weather Balloon.
Well... it's off topic -as much as talking about ships in TEST Forums can be- but which Ships do you have and/or want to melt for it?

In any case, I wouldn't suggest hyping yourself too much about a Ship that's not here yet...especially since it might be priced higher than similar Ships we have.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well... it's off topic -as much as talking about ships in TEST Forums can be- but which Ships do you have and/or want to melt for it?

In any case, I wouldn't suggest hyping yourself too much about a Ship that's not here yet...especially since it might be priced higher than similar Ships we have.
I have a Connie Taurus and a Herald I would not be sad to melt, but that said the 600i would need to be something special to kill the Taurus...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I have not seen any details on the 600 please share.
Other than that they have finished working on the concept level and the teaser snippet picture on the end of the Defender Brochure, there are no details. Nothing has been released, no details, nothing apart from some minor Lore like the Elite 600 model was originally entirely manurefactured in the Sol system.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
Just get a cheap mini fridge that's big enough to fit your computer in. Either put your whole computer in it, or use it as your case and buy a motherboard mounting plate and bolt that to the inside of the mini fridge and build your computer in it. You can cut slots in the door for optical drives and ports and mount them in there. Just remember to put some desiccant bags in there to soak up any humidity so you don't get any condensation.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Wouldn't one of them also include your Gamepack?
Nope, did that only the once to clear a bunch of CCU's I did on it before I realised you could not take them back off and got the store credit back, which after buying back my original game pledge became the Taurus on an LTI token.

Reactions: Ammorn

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Just get a cheap mini fridge that's big enough to fit your computer in. Either put your whole computer in it, or use it as your case and buy a motherboard mounting plate and bolt that to the inside of the mini fridge and build your computer in it. You can cut slots in the door for optical drives and ports and mount them in there. Just remember to put some desiccant bags in there to soak up any humidity so you don't get any condensation.
This will actually work just be careful you don't hit any Freon lines when drilling holes and use Orings or gasket material to prevent any air from leaking out. Absolutely brilliant idea then you can tell all your friends you play star citizen through a refrigerator.

Reactions: Ammorn
Forgot your password?