Past 4 Years - What a great time for humanity

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
So I decided to look back 8 years and see where we were then and now. This is NOT politics, this is economics (economics is not banned from what I understand).

Bitcoin had a high on December 7th 2021 ~ 64,000 and now we're at 45,000 and that is an upturn. When Montoya makes fun of us for not staying in the crypto market for 4 years (and rightfully pissed off at the economics)... he is selectively portraying his view, just like I am doing here. 3.5 years ago we were all making more money and happier in general. Not the fault of the investors, just has to put lipstick on the pig to make it look better. I'd like to see a more fair balanced portrayal of the investment environment when discussing investments.
1701935246555.png

Gas prices had a low under 2.00 a gallon
1701930397092.png

US Patrolium Researves (offset of gas prices - using Peter to pay Paul)
1701930557852.png

Price of eggs
1701930323254.png

I could probably go on all day with this but the forecast looks really bad.

Don't mess with my beer!
1701933769536.png

This was my crypto portfolio...
1701937171417.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Not all politics is banned, to my knowledge. Debating which beer or form of alcohol is best can be borderline political, depending on who you ask & what your stance is. Cheers on making money.

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
I switched from Bud Light to Coors light because I could not stand looking at this so-called woman... so is that politics? I just think she is ugly as HELL!

1701931732841.png

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I switched from Bud Light to Coors light because I could not stand looking at this so-called woman... so is that politics? I just think she is ugly as HELL!

View attachment 25317
Forget this "person" & their ... beliefs. I say cheers to each member of TEST Squadron for however long they've been a member & may each of us enjoy as much time in the Verse as possible.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I think crypto is going pretty damn good to be honest! (unless you bought at 64,000 I suppose).

Everything's expensive.

Currency is getting devalued.

Wars etc.

Nothing much has improved overall.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
There's a famous german proverb:
"Do not trust any statistic you did not forge yourself"
So I see these lines but there is no emotional connection on my part.
I do get the woman on the beer though.
They should also print a warning on there saying:
"No alcohol. Consumation pointless for making people appear attractive."
I could also provide them with a nice diagram.
"Number of births related to the alcoholic contend of beverages in a timefram from 2000.01.01 until now."
Guess there'l be a spike in the birthrates between 1 per mille of blood alcohol and 2 per mille.
Anything more than that and the operational efficiency negates any improvements in motivation.
But back to the actual topic:
Past 4 Years - What a great time for humanity
Well yeah, on a global scale it is.
With all the wars and famines and floods and wars and stuff there's still enough people that have little more to fear than the further delay in production of the BMM.
So I'll not gonna speak out for all of humanity.
But for my part I'm pretty sure that these are the golden years that a lot of people in this forum will look at in the cerebral rearview mirror and think: man, how was everything so glorious back then!
I hope we still have beer when that time comes.
Hmmm... better take micro-brewing lessons while I still can...

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Lol - Dropped the trigger bombs and ran like hell. Men dressing like women isn't anything new - they have been doing it since the beginning of humanity, just like the principles of economics - buy cheap and sell high. When everything is high, the economy breaks - especially when it is so fast, and salaries and business sales can't keep up with inflation. That is why they (I don't know who they are but I believe them because it matches what I have seen in my own household) say we're headed toward another economic meltdown in 6 months (Just like we're all going to die from global warming in the next 9 years). Seems like we go from one extreme to another with fuel - one of the most significant contributing factors to the cost of living - getting the product from the production facility to the market. This is just "MY" opinion. I am a cuddly cat who loves everyone, but I am very opinionated.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?