Paying it forward

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
I think I have gotten to a point where I have found some of the cool things in the 'Verse, have put away a few million aUEC and flown a few missions and figured I'd offer to walk anyone through the finer points of 3.0 like navigating, missions, trading including some special high-profit adrenaline-junkie runs, etc.

If you are new to Star Citizen in general; or 3.0 Live in particular; or just want someone to walk through some flights with you; help find and make good, profitable trading runs; provide top cover or rescue (including Kareah), etc., just hit me up in the 'Verse, on here or on Discord if you see me. Game and Discord tags are the same.

I have several different ships available for sharing as well if there is one you want to try out - currently, Mustang Beta and Delta, Gladius, Connie Andromeda, Avenger Titan, Hornet and SuperHornet, several Dragonfly's and probably a couple I don't remember, plus subscriber specials (currently Buccaneer and Retaliator) along with rentals (currently Vanguard Warden).

If you haven't joined the Squardon's Discord I highly recommend it since it is far better to 'talk' over Discord than type via the Chat app (although that will work in a pinch).

TEST Discord - https://discordapp.com/channels/75630661951557632/75630661951557632

While Star Citizen is a lot of fun solo, it is orders of magnitude more enjoyable in a multi-player environment whether you are crewing a ship together or just flying together in separate ships. The 'Verse is a big and dangerous place, why not have a friend along?

I use a dual-stick setup and am a pilot in real life so am able to provide some recommendations on control setup as well since I have struggled a long time to get to a control scheme that is both functional and immersive and doesn't fight against a lifetime of muscle memory from flying real planes.

Come enjoy the wonder that is this awesome, buggy, crazy Alpha, I'm happy to help and be along.

ScreenShot0121.jpg

'Gimp

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
This is awesome 'Gimp. As I am just getting into SC, I will be hitting you up for sure. I have another 16GB of memory in the mail (that'll jump me to 32GB), and am just in the process of setting up my controllers. I'll most certainly be finding you on discord in the very near future.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Hi, could you tell me what the keybinding for locking the gimbals is? I right ALT + J like I used to in 2.6 but all I get is a cursor showing on screen. Screws me right over.
There's actually a config item for that, if you want them always locked. If you're using a joystick, or even single handing a multi-crew ship, it's probably best that way. The keybind for toggling gimble lock is undefined in the default configuration, so you can keybind it if you like. I would avoid the right-alt key though.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I have some multi-crew ships too that I wouldn't mind flying with someone. Or I wouldn't mind flyiing with 'Gimp to, since he seems to keep the same hours as I do.

My current multi-crew ships:
Drake Caterpillar (Loaner in lieu of a ship that is still deep in the pipeline),
Cutlass black,
Connie.
Freelancer that I don't know exactly WHY I have it

For the next week or so I also have an Agies Retaliator - then whatever they give subscribers next month.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Hi, could you tell me what the keybinding for locking the gimbals is? I right ALT + J like I used to in 2.6 but all I get is a cursor showing on screen. Screws me right over.
@NaffNaffBobFace When you hit the Options button using Escape, towards the bottom of the first tab (Game I think) is a Lock Gimbals selection, I set it there since I fly dual-stick. I am not on my game rig rught now, I'll post up a screenshot when I fire up the game rig later.

Also, R Alt now pulls up cursor for interacting with Contact List and Chat windows and such, just hit R Alt again and the cursor goes away.

'Gimp

Last edited:
Forgot your password?