Periwinkle Alternatives?

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
LOL....my alliance in EVE is Obsidian Front hahahahahaha
How about the Obsidian Legion then? Then it would jive with our Aurora fleet with some of them being LN's (Legionnairres). Geddit?

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
That sounds cool :D

Just Legion by itself is also pretty freakin' awesome.

Reactions: Montoya

Vapsyvox

Designated Driver
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
Vapsyvox
What's the reference?
In Mass Effect there is an alien race of blue, telepathic women called the Asari. "Azure" is what you'd call their nether regions.

Also, If it was brought up in a vote, i'd back it twice.

Last edited:

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Post this topic to r/testsquadron, lets see what everybody else says.

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Wait hold on, aren't we discussing alternate names to "Periwinkle"? How does Periwinkle-->Obsidian Legion involve any sort of logical progression?

tv34291

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Fajita Special
I guess I'm the only one that actually loves periwinkle. I vote for leave it as it is.

Plus, don't you need a 2/3 to amend the constitution...we could barely manage 1/2 for quorum. :)

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Wait hold on, aren't we discussing alternate names to "Periwinkle"? How does Periwinkle-->Obsidian Legion involve any sort of logical progression?
Well as far as I can tell from page 1, we went from azure to cobalt to obsidian to obsidian front to obsidian legion to right meow. Also, it is an alternate name by the same token that Doom Squad or Checkers or BADASSASAURUS are alternate names because its anything but Periwinkle. :D

I guess I'm the only one that actually loves periwinkle. I vote for leave it as it is.

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel

Plus, don't you need a 2/3 to amend the constitution...we could barely manage 1/2 for quorum. :)
Why the love for Periwinkle? Maybe you'll convert some of us.

Yeah, 2/3 is astonishing to me. I have no idea why they chose such a difficult number to achieve.

Reactions: JoeCool4433

Tkozy

Commander
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
Tkozy
I'm assuming that Gold is gonna stick around. I'd personally suggest Red for the military faction and then Blue for the third division. This has resonance with Star Trek and the three primary shirt colors, as well as resonance with Star Wars' red and gold squadrons.

Since Redd Faction seems to like things more poetic, Blue could become Azure without getting too weird. That has resonance with the sky, "the sky's the limit", limitless, expansive, etc. Which sort of fits with a division that's meant to be "everything else".
Quick, easy, and clear. +1

tv34291

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Fajita Special
I am red/green color blind. Periwinkle has a special place in my heart b/c of that. Not only is it a color that I can't register (it looks grey...with some hints of purple) but really a color named after a flower. It's a pretty little flower, I suppose, but its one of the few living things on the planet that looks almost artificial to me because I can't see its true color. So it stands out as an oddity.

Nah...doesn't seem appropriate at all.

Forgot your password?