Permanent Death Recap

Teru

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2016
RSI Handle
Teru
Hi Everyone,

Recently looking into the proposed permadeath mechanic and a recent forum post on ‘Immersive gameplay in SC alpha’ I have been thinking about having a way to remember and share the experiences of my character. In the article of Death of a Spaceman, it was mentioned that you might get to see a funeral sequence before creating a descendant character.

I think it would be a good idea for Star Citizen to expand that further. An example would be the game recap in Dota 2 or Overwatch. Being able to download and share the shenanigans of a character would add a lot to a living, breathing universe with history and stories.

Alternatively, or in the midterm, how would you suggest to record the activities of a character. Do you know of any specific blog pages or are we confined to forum posts?

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
CIG has stated that there will be an 'Honor' frame hanging in the hangar. All accomplishments and achievements of significance will be placed here.
Medals, discoveries, etc.

Reactions: Teru

Teru

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2016
RSI Handle
Teru
CIG has stated that there will be an 'Honor' frame hanging in the hangar. All accomplishments and achievements of significance will be placed here.
Medals, discoveries, etc.
Is that really enough though? I feel like I want something more to share stories. It will be a good conversation starter but having a way to record and share moments could lead to a character becoming somewhat famous (or infamous) outside of the game. I guess what I'm really looking for is almost a video recap... Do you think that's feasible or unrealistic?

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
I like your idea Teru. I don't think it would be practical for this to be implemented, but a memory hologram for our departed predecessors would be pretty nice. Something like the solar powered grave holograms in the film Serenity, where you could have significant moments of the character immortalised.

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
I would say the best way to do something like that recap is taping it yourself ^^

How would SC accomplish something like that?it would look generic cause they can't save so much data... That would not be feasible.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I foresee many ragequits logging in excited to do whatver I was planning to do, getting rammed by a noob or lagging into an asteroid and having to go through a death/reborn sequence. Hell I logout of WoW when die ;)

Teru

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2016
RSI Handle
Teru
I foresee many ragequits logging in excited to do whatver I was planning to do, getting rammed by a noob or lagging into an asteroid and having to go through a death/reborn sequence. Hell I logout of WoW when die ;)
I don't see this happening as I think you will feel more like an overseer of a family legacy. I don't think you will have a string personal connection with indavidual characters at least not at the start.

Teru

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2016
RSI Handle
Teru
I would say the best way to do something like that recap is taping it yourself ^^

How would SC accomplish something like that?it would look generic cause they can't save so much data... That would not be feasible.
I can see it working more on the client side, as things happen (you might press a button) it will save locally into a player folder. You might have a birth certificate, ship certificate, pictures and any other pictures you deem worthy. It might also populate a text file with random things or mission results. Maybe an outlaw history timeline.

Reactions: rogesh

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I like your idea Teru. I don't think it would be practical for this to be implemented, but a memory hologram for our departed predecessors would be pretty nice. Something like the solar powered grave holograms in the film Serenity, where you could have significant moments of the character immortalised.
I can see it now, My first mission on a starfarrer with me running blindly screaming, arms flailing while trying to find a functioning escape pod. Awesome hologram.

Last edited:

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I plan to have each of my character taxidermied and displayed in my main hangar for generations to look back at their ancestors. I may even display them in the cockpit of the ship in which they met their demise! Possibly with an interactive holosimulation!

Reactions: NapalmX and Teru
Forgot your password?