Phoenix shows what true luxury is. Sorry 600

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
They could have spruced up the entrance area some. Not a lot, but floors, walls, etc could look better with a different texture set
Not a bad idea. I dont think they are quite finished with the ship yet though. As of Friday's roadmap update, they are only 43 out of 76 tasks complete so far.

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
I really liked this ship. Not sure I will pay real money for it. But I may set it as an early goal in the game. Looks like a nice place to run a business from.

Reactions: Bambooza

Citadel

Grand Admiral
Sep 2, 2018
RSI Handle
Citadel_MD
I'm quite happy with how it turned out. What "more" could they have done in your opinion? Not every ship can be the absolute best at every aspect of the game. There is no perfect ship.
Absolutely I agree 100%, I was actually referring to the overall aesthetics of the ship however. It seems like the "luxury" feel is really centralized to one portion of the ship whereas the 600 has that luxury feel from top to bottom.

Reactions: Printimus

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Absolutely I agree 100%, I was actually referring to the overall aesthetics of the ship however. It seems like the "luxury" feel is really centralized to one portion of the ship whereas the 600 has that luxury feel from top to bottom.
Hmmmm, i see you point. I think we will see more completion of luxuries around the entirety of the ship as they finish its progress coming up for release at citcon.

Reactions: Citadel

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
At first, I thought that the Phoenix now beats the 600i Lagonda, but after looking at it a bit more, no. You guys with the 600i Lagonda definitely got the better ship, at least on the non-nausea producing interior of the ship. The Phoenix is very nice, but small and cramped compared with the walkthroughs I've watched of the 600i Lagonda. Just don't look at the 600i Lagonda's exterior. Also, I've only seen walkthroughs of the Explorer, the Touring module may make everyone CCU their Phoenix to Origin's champagne dreams and caviar wishes.

As our glorious leader upgraded his Phoenix to the 600i Lagonda, that sets the baseline for proper commenting.

JeffCraig

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 9, 2015
RSI Handle
JeffCraig
I disagree, it's a lower level of luxury. If you look it seems to be more of a passenger transport. Kind of like renting a bus limo crossed with a first class train cabin. It's ok but it's nowhere near the level of style the 600I or 890 has shown so far.
I really like it, but you're right. The Phoenix is more of a "commercial" luxury design. It's like the fancy office areas that recruiting agencies or tech start-ups have to entice people. It's a perfect Org ship for throwing parties without having to worry about a bunch of drunk TESTies messing up your nice 600i interior. Its great for transporting executive members from other Organizations around without spending too much money.

Its more of a refined commercial design. Origin ships, on the other hand, are pure luxury with every square inch of their ships hand-crafted to perfection. Origin is on a whole other level.

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
I have both. The 600i is effectively useless in 3.2 - I only hope the constellation is more robust.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
I really like it, but you're right. The Phoenix is more of a "commercial" luxury design. It's like the fancy office areas that recruiting agencies or tech start-ups have to entice people. It's a perfect Org ship for throwing parties without having to worry about a bunch of drunk TESTies messing up your nice 600i interior. Its great for transporting executive members from other Organizations around without spending too much money.

Its more of a refined commercial design. Origin ships, on the other hand, are pure luxury with every square inch of their ships hand-crafted to perfection. Origin is on a whole other level.
^
And that's not what I wanted out of the ship. I wanted something that could be a small home/VIP transport when doing diplomacy with an option for cargo. Instead it's dedicated transport with cut down features, a lack of polish on the bridge, and just no what I want when I already have a 600I and 890 Jump that can do the roles I wanted it for significantly better. My 600I will now be my small transport and my 890 my VIP one.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

This is why i wanted both ships, both have their place. And while I really love the outside look of the ship and the lines, the 600i when it comes to the inside it just feels a bit to monolithic lacking visual interest, textures and colors. It really needs another pass.

Forgot your password?