Pimped your spaceship? Lets share information!

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Ok, had to look before I head out the door...
can't find the shield slot on the LN at all, so couldn't test.
The 325 has 3 s1 ports, not a single s3 port... that's a mismatch with the stat page, but implies redundancy at least...
If also didn't found the shield slot and equiped shield.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Reactions: Blind Owl

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
One more thing that can help out: if you have unused items on your fighter like the "Stor-All" "Big Box" on the F7C, ditch it, you won't need it. Actually I replaced it with a "Hornet Flashfire speciality mount" with a "Apocalypse Arms Revenant" ballistic Gatling. Only backdraw is that it will fire with your secondary. I prefer to shoot it seperate from the other weapons tto spare bullits and keep it cool for times where I really need them, but HUD weapon managment works not very good and it must be done after spawn..... While al guns are blazing you are cursing because you can't get your guns in the right fire group :confused:
Still 1 hour to go... :(

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
You mean there are people worse than me? :eek: God help them!:eek::eek:
Nah I'm not that bad, its moreso the mechanics of flying in no gravity and tactics I have to work on. Games like BF4 I have a habbit on owning servers in jets, but SC isnt BF, will get there though, eventually!
Hmmm maybe it was a little harsh of me, the guy that parked!!!!!!! :rolleyes: his Hornet against an asteriod while the other was fighting the Vanduul Aces enlisted 2 weeks ago. Why the would someone park, not crash, his Hornet with the nose against an Asteriod? He could have landed his ship on the asteriod, easier.
The other guy enlisted 3 months ago, his Hornet was almost half at the end. Maybe someone should tell him that shields aren't infinite, dodging fire with strafe while keeping the guns on target can help.
Maybe we should invite both to TEST to give them proper flight lessons....btw flight school, who are the flight instructors? I still need some missile dodging tactics. The ones in front of me I can easily dodge, but the ones at my six are another story :rolleyes:
Still 35 minutes to go :(

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Can you try the Invincible (not quad) on the LN?
Which ship has the Invincible (not quad) Since the shield of the LN and the Delta isn't visible I don't think that you can fit another shield on these ships in version 2.3.1
Finally downloaded and customized my controls :D
Freeze / crash testing!!!!! :cool:

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
The f7c, f7c-r and f7c-s are all supposed to have the dual-face Invincible s3 shield, only the SH f7c-m is supposed to have the Invincible Quad.

There is also an Invincible x (Quad) found on the Cutlass Black & Blue.

All are size 3

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
It's looking like the shields off the ships are ship specific, at least in 2.3.1.

I can swap the Invincible and Invincible Quad between the hornets, but not onto the Avenger Titan (which has a s3 port) or the Freelancer (which has a s3 port). Nor could I put the Freelancer s2 shield onto the hornets, although the SH port says it accepts s2-4. (Interesting trivia, the Freelancer shield s2 shield is better than the SH s3 shield).

Further the Invincible X will not fit on the Hornets nor the Quad or base Invincible on the Cutlass.

The Ink-Mark 304 (s3) *did* fit on the Titan (2.1-2.2, I've been renting it for months). It no longer does. In fact the rented components do not fit on *any* ship I have access to (I do not have a Gladius, Scout, Gladiator or Sabre to test).

The LN, like the 325, has 3 s1 shield ports. The Delta has a single s1 shield port. All three have armor.

At this point I can not recommend mucking about with shields, and I do not think either power plants or coolers make a difference, yet. They *will*, but they don't yet.

I will post as soon as something changes.

Accented

Vice Admiral
Jan 23, 2016
RSI Handle
Accented
@Sam K Macer, keep in mind that the Avenger will still need to fly close to a capital ship or station. Why? It's a decommissioned carrier based fighter. The predecessor the Hornet superseded. The bed will most likely be used only to save on renting out a room at some station with insane rates.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
@Sam K Macer, keep in mind that the Avenger will still need to fly close to a capital ship or station. Why? It's a decommissioned carrier based fighter. The predecessor the Hornet superseded. The bed will most likely be used only to save on renting out a room at some station with insane rates.
Carrier-based is more the original flavor-text description of the typical loadout that the military used to outfit the Avenger. That description on the Avenger two-seater being the military trainer you referring to is very old (2013: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13100-Introducing-The-Avenger). Since then, CIG redesigned that role of the Avenger several times; the bounty hunter design for instance was a stretch goal of the 22 Mio.$ line (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13317-22-Million-And-Hangar-Patch-Live). In the meantime, the Avenger now has been rebuild several times, finally became modular interior sections (cockpit and back). Which may be result in having further variants that are independant of a carrier or base - as I believe the bounty hunter version is, because it wouldn't make any sense to bind a bounty hunter onto a base or carrier ship ;)

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
And Sam thought she was having heart palpitations with the ship purchasing.......:confused:

Just splashed out on an 890jump LTI......:eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

It shall be my new pimp-mobile, your all be welcome to join but just make sure you have gold teeth and purple velvet clothing......thats how we roll.....:rolleyes:

pimp.jpg

Last edited:

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
YOU'VE BOUGHT A 890JUMP FTW?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Consider me booked a cabin on that ship :)

PARTY's ON - BEER FOR ALL (I guess)!!!!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hahaha I like :D Style-crashing - should be a new portfolio of TEST :D

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Hahaha I like :D Style-crashing - should be a new portfolio of TEST :D
Hmmm....thats a thought, +1 for you, Im gathering with have some talented people here in TEST that might be able to do me a banner, animated would be nice, similar to those animated aurora one but with an 890 instead? Maybe could give away a Hornet to whoever can do it? Think that might get some traction? :rolleyes:

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Dear TEST-fellows,
What is it now about the Avenger? First of all: she is fast! And: she - and every time that gives me a laugh - is sluggish. Yeah, really - if you aren't flying with an healthy amount of foresight, the next asteroid is yours!
Her shields are tiny and definitly need an upgrade (which is currently not available).
Today I tested the Avenger Titan... Yes, there are some ships that boost you away from an asteroid faster, but she handles well I didn't hit an asteroid, missed the border one time, got killed once by a Vanduul but lasted until the last wave.
Unfortunately due a bug in the holo table I couldn't change loadout, so the tigerstreik and 2 CF-007 went into combat. The other pilot had a Sabre with more firepower and better missiles, but in the end the score was 80.000 vs 44.000 which is not bad for a light fast and sluggish fighter with tiny shields. She performed good compared to the Mustang with 4x CF-117 and 2x M3A. The big drawback with the CF-007 is that they are light and once overheated, it takes a long time before they cool down.
The CF-117 on the other hand is heavier and I can't get them overheated, unless I fire a few minutes!!!!! continuously o_O, the same is for the M3A. The CF-227 delivers a bigger punch but also overheats faster then the CF-117.

Reactions: AstroSam

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Today I tested the Avenger Titan... Yes, there are some ships that boost you away from an asteroid faster, but she handles well I didn't hit an asteroid, missed the border one time, got killed once by a Vanduul but lasted until the last wave.
Unfortunately due a bug in the holo table I couldn't change loadout, so the tigerstreik and 2 CF-007 went into combat. The other pilot had a Sabre with more firepower and better missiles, but in the end the score was 80.000 vs 44.000 which is not bad for a light fast and sluggish fighter with tiny shields. She performed good compared to the Mustang with 4x CF-117 and 2x M3A. The big drawback with the CF-007 is that they are light and once overheated, it takes a long time before they cool down.
The CF-117 on the other hand is heavier and I can't get them overheated, unless I fire a few minutes!!!!! continuously o_O, the same is for the M3A. The CF-227 delivers a bigger punch but also overheats faster then the CF-117.
Nice write-up. I haven't yet tried the Avenger. I may get on that. Cheers.

Reactions: AstroSam

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Has anyone tried flying Mantis GT's as secondaries on the gimbals of the SH with everything else as primary? I am just wondering what that much DPS looks like on targets big and small. The vid for that would be a kick.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Nice write-up. I haven't yet tried the Avenger. I may get on that. Cheers.
You definitely should try the Avenger. I figured out how to fix the holo table bug (clear user folder :rolleyes:) and equipped her with 2 CF-117 and 2 triple missile mounts, the Tigerstreik is good.
Teamed up with another Avenger (also a Dutch guy o_O) and reached the 18th wave with a few scratches!!!! The hull was yellow. Try to use zoom where needed, it really helps improving your aim and don't try to get head on with a full wave. When the bullets start coming at you, just boost/strafe away and turn behind the wave.
She maybe has tiny shields, but also is a tiny ship, hard to hit, she is under-gunned, but a CF-117 means allot continuously firing and at close range use the Tigerstreik to finish it off.

Forgot your password?