Piracy Piracy Division/Squadron Organization Brainstorm

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
Although I'm a bit scared of pirates... I think I'd like to get in on this.
Maybe not on the shooty-killy part, but on cleanup duty with a Cut Red, for the people who will fail terribly at pirating, and a Herald, for info trafficking. I'd also like to do black market surgeries and space drugs. I'll put my ships to work, carrying other people's cargo and staying away from the law.
I'd like to classify myself as a industrialist of the black markets. Using my endeavor for high end illegal goods, going to enemies territories with my Herald to steal highly classified information, using my cruisible and reclaimer as a mobile chop shop, Placing our Orions in rich deposit locations thanks to good intel and clearing it of whoever is currently there.

“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity”
Sun Tzu, A Arte da Guerra

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...With the whole 9 to 1 NPC to player ratio, I don't see us ever really having too much trouble not finding things to pirate.
asset reallocation vs. NPCs

mission running with a different name

will become a grind

the only question, will it pay better than killing Vanduul?

Reactions: Blind Owl

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
asset reallocation PVP-style

way too little info on game mechanics to theorycraft at this point

but knock yourselves out

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Theorycrafting?

Theorycrafting :D

I'd imagine TEST-Piracy to end up being one alliance with multiple member teams all leady by their own dude, knocking over targets how they want to, but all deciding on large decisions etc via some kind of pirate council. This has two benefits: Everyone gets to murder/pillage how they see fit, and you'll hopefully avoid changing the rep of groups that need good standing In one area etc. Also, it'd be theoretically a second tree mechanically separate from the mother TEST meaning those who don't want to be affected at all won't be.

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Theorycrafting?

Theorycrafting :smile:

I'd imagine TEST-Piracy to end up being one alliance with multiple member teams all leady by their own dude, knocking over targets how they want to, but all deciding on large decisions etc via some kind of pirate council. This has two benefits: Everyone gets to murder/pillage how they see fit, and you'll hopefully avoid changing the rep of groups that need good standing In one area etc. Also, it'd be theoretically a second tree mechanically separate from the mother TEST meaning those who don't want to be affected at all won't be.
^^
That guy gets it!

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...Also, it'd be theoretically a second tree mechanically separate from the mother TEST meaning those who don't want to be affected at all won't be.
ass-backwards

large rulesets and 10,000-member orgs go together like oil and water

TEST will only survive as a large org by avoiding rules, or it will become unmanageable

enforcing the rules is a shitty unpaid job that no one will want

so being a TESTie will mean accepting the consequences of having bad actors among us

it will be up to those who want to avoid those consequences to form their own small groups for whatever purposes they want to pursue

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
so being a TESTie will mean accepting the consequences of having bad actors among us

it will be up to those who want to avoid those consequences to form their own small groups for whatever purposes they want to pursue

Ideal-world-ism :P But then if those who are deliberately committing consistent acts of cargo liberation are running as affiliates with our main organisation being the group we fly under hopefully that'd reduce status impacts on TEST as a whole - If you CAN be organised, why would you choose not to be? Not as a rule, but as a choice taken to make others lives maybe a little easier, depending on how everything is implemented.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...If you CAN be organised, why would you choose not to be?
this is fundamentally incompatible with the essence of TESTicity, which is Not Taking Ourselves (or Anything) Too Seriously

we're like, "If you can be UNorganized, why would you choose not to be?"

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
Not saying people HAVE to be organised, just floating the concept of 'What if we did it like this, in order to maybe make lives a little easier down the road?' but by all means, Disorganisation for the masses - It's just organised crime tends to work sliiiightly better in the long run :P

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Not saying people HAVE to be organised...
a high level of organization can work within a smaller group that can form a consensus around a goal or purpose

the bigger the group, the harder that cosensus is to achieve

I expect all of TEST to come together for things like, "Let's all go to system XYZ and crash our Auroras into all the things!" and little else

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
Theorycrafting :smile:

That sounds nice, but I am also hearing "OVERARCHING RULES!!!" in this thread, which does not mean we get to loot pillage and kill however we want. I'm not against having some guidelines and rules to build up some type of group cohesion. But a lot of the guys I roll with hate the idea of anything that sounds like "GOVERNMENT?!!" So I would like a little clarification of what is going on with the gavel here.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
So, in the instance of those groups of liberators who can agree to the benefits of the theoretical structure, we're all set?
sure, but don't expect to have any influence beyond your group

if you say to the members at large, "Don't do this or that, it hurts our rep," you will get back, "You're not the boss of me!" or, more bluntly, "Fuck off!"

Plagueis

Admiral
Dec 3, 2016
RSI Handle
xPlagueisx
That sounds nice, but I am also hearing "OVERARCHING RULES!!!" in this thread, which does not mean we get to loot pillage and kill however we want. I'm not against having some guidelines and rules to build up some type of group cohesion. But a lot of the guys I roll with hate the idea of anything that sounds like "GOVERNMENT?!!" So I would like a little clarification of what is going on with the gavel here.
We should have a pirate code and with limited central powers. Most pirate types like myself enjoy living feel and doing whatever makes a good profit.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIrHIeWHvVc

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
I've definitely not explained it right then :P I'd envision it working less like a government and more like an information network - so anything important isn't lost within the potential chatter of 10,000 Drunk Pirates, and relevant information can get to the right people in the right place quickly, without people being spammed with stuff from 4 hours flight away.

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
if you say to the members at large, "Don't do this or that, it hurts our rep," you will get back, "You're not the boss of me!" or, more bluntly, "Fuck off!"
Which is exactly what a pirate would say =D . . . . . I'm not saying that to you btw.

Forgot your password?