Piracy Piracy Division/Squadron Organization Brainstorm

BrutusTheBadGuy

Captain
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
BrutusTheBadGuy
I happen to like the Badguy and if you're with him, that means I like you too. With the 3 of us, we almost have a descent small pirating squad. Just a few more and we'll be ready to rumble.

Welcome to TEST :smile:
i'd be more then happy to group up with the two of you :D you seem like fine people i've known kolchack for a while :)

Lets do it
i'll have you back anytime you know that :D..

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
i'd be more then happy to group up with the two of you :smile: you seem like fine people i've known kolchack for a while :slight_smile:

i'll have you back anytime you know that :smile:..
Well... at least the 3 of us are organized. I guess when the division leaders finally do their thing then they will be organized too.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
This thread needs more piracy mechanics. Hurry up and take your time CIG!
I have already worked out several different methods for taking ships, but I can't post the mechanics of them since the threads are not secure. If you want to be part of a good-guy pirate aka privateering group, be sure to lave a post in the privateering thread. If Test does not offer secure forums after 2.6, we may just take it to email and googledocs.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have already worked out several different methods for taking ships, but I can't post the mechanics of them since the threads are not secure. If you want to be part of a good-guy pirate aka privateering group, be sure to lave a post in the privateering thread. If Test does not offer secure forums after 2.6, we may just take it to email and googledocs.
I'm looking forwarded to hearing your madness. :)

Reactions: FluffyVonRage

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
I do think that there is enough we know about the game to get an idea of how piracy will work. Especially since CIG just showed us the reworked flight mechanics. We just need to keep in mind that everything is subject to change. Like you, Reaper, me any my raiders already have some, not so nice, tactics that we look forward to testing in 3.0. What I am wondering about more is less tactics than strategy. I am wondering what systems am I gonna want to pirate in, will I be able to operate as a pirate out of one system with short range ships or will I need to organize longer pirating expeditions using something like my Polaris (Yeah I have one >D). as a mobile base to compensate for changes in the trade lanes. I am wondering about stuff like economics and how I will sell my stolen stuff, will I need to find smugglers? will the smugglers find me? will I have to smuggle my stolen shit myself? Or will there be businesses that will buy my stuff of me and handle all that messy stuff.
I am also concerned about what my fellow pirates may consider crossing the line, because I totally plan on strapping one of my victims into an eva suit and spacing them in a degrading orbit around a gas giant.

I'm just wondering about stuff like that.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I do think that there is enough we know about the game to get an idea of how piracy will work. Especially since CIG just showed us the reworked flight mechanics. We just need to keep in mind that everything is subject to change. Like you, Reaper, me any my raiders already have some, not so nice, tactics that we look forward to testing in 3.0. What I am wondering about more is less tactics than strategy. I am wondering what systems am I gonna want to pirate in, will I be able to operate as a pirate out of one system with short range ships or will I need to organize longer pirating expeditions using something like my Polaris (Yeah I have one >D). as a mobile base to compensate for changes in the trade lanes. I am wondering about stuff like economics and how I will sell my stolen stuff, will I need to find smugglers? will the smugglers find me? will I have to smuggle my stolen shit myself? Or will there be businesses that will buy my stuff of me and handle all that messy stuff.
I am also concerned about what my fellow pirates may consider crossing the line, because I totally plan on strapping one of my victims into an eva suit and spacing them in a degrading orbit around a gas giant.

I'm just wondering about stuff like that.
So many questions, and so much fun. Oh boy oh boy I can't wait.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
This site is difficult for me to navigate. Would you be able to provide a link to the privateering thread for me or help guide me to that area, pretty please? Took me 6 months to find this thread, ha.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
Then I think the question I have to ask is what exactly is the role the division plans on playing in this groups day to day. I also get not everyone is a theory crafter, but I always appreciate getting some insight from those who plan on being at the top. So, I can understand a bit of why squeaker is put off. Sorry to call you out Krystal, I have seen your other posts in this thread, but with what you know of the game now, can you shortly sum up how you and Frisbee plan on running this division?
The main idea of this division (and any other division AFAIK) is to provide a high level, strategic, guidance to the underlying groups. As a huge org we need to have coordination between different divisions and high level organisation command. This is what we will be providing. To make use of Nassau's example, we are the islands governor, the groups are the various pirate crews that operate from the port of Nassau.

Of course the people in charge are eventually subject to change. There are a lot of people inactive at the moment waiting for the game to come out before they show their faces and I'm sure that there will be a lot of more competent people interested in such a role. When things get moving, I'm sure there will be a process where new division leaders will be appointed. And then maybe I will get to actually relax and enjoy the game as well.

The pre-defining of specific people at the moment to lead this has been done so that people won't start calling "dibs" in crucial divisions on the game, while everyone else is still looking elsewhere waiting for the game to come out.

Forgot your password?