Piracy Piracy Division/Squadron Organization Brainstorm

Cherokeedog

Admiral
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
Cherokeedog
Ok, I'm officially out of whiskey, and I get really cranky when I don't drink enough. So, here's me necroin' a topic from this very thread, for the sake of startin' a bar brawl.

Probably what I would say "You have T-minus 120 seconds to power down, get into your escape pods and egress. We will pick you up and drop you at the nearest space port. If you do not comply I will be forced to make a living from the wreckage. If you comply you will be given the greatest gift of all life. I can not with good conscience let you continue to pilot your ship in this system. Thank you for your cooperation" I think it would be easier to transport the goods using the ship that brought it there and what else is insurance good for right?
Obviously, this post addresses all the conversation around named subject.

Now, I'll tell'ya this much: the only dick that ever made me willingly submit to its will, was my own, and that's only 'cause it has a direct line to my brain, which of course makes for a very special relationship between us.

You start talkin' to a target before makin' a muscle statement - only means you forgot to bring your balls on the job. Bottom line: if you've chosen to be a dick, it's mandatory to grow a pair, or else things are definitely goin' down like this:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1crhwQPKr7w

Now, if anyone pegs this post as bein' some kind of constructive criticism, I can assure you it was not my intention.

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
The main idea of this division (and any other division AFAIK) is to provide a high level, strategic, guidance to the underlying groups. As a huge org we need to have coordination between different divisions and high level organisation command. This is what we will be providing. To make use of Nassau's example, we are the islands governor, the groups are the various pirate crews that operate from the port of Nassau.

Of course the people in charge are eventually subject to change. There are a lot of people inactive at the moment waiting for the game to come out before they show their faces and I'm sure that there will be a lot of more competent people interested in such a role. When things get moving, I'm sure there will be a process where new division leaders will be appointed. And then maybe I will get to actually relax and enjoy the game as well.

The pre-defining of specific people at the moment to lead this has been done so that people won't start calling "dibs" in crucial divisions on the game, while everyone else is still looking elsewhere waiting for the game to come out.
I think that is a good approach. We will need some type of infrastructure if any of us wants to actually make a living off of piracy. To that end I was hoping that the central body of this group would focus on creating that type of "home port". It makes sense that other logistical concerns such as leadership can wait until after you actually have something like that built up to actually lead.

I do wounder what type of interaction you see us having with other divisions. Frisbee's don't kill other testes makes sense, but beyond that, what?

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
I'd personally like to see something along the lines of people passing information to us, us taking out the target, then passing them back the cargo at basement prices - means TEST traders get a rep for being the safe way to ship your goods, as well as having the very best prices in the verse.

BrutusTheBadGuy

Captain
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
BrutusTheBadGuy
The main idea of this division (and any other division AFAIK) is to provide a high level, strategic, guidance to the underlying groups. As a huge org we need to have coordination between different divisions and high level organisation command. This is what we will be providing. To make use of Nassau's example, we are the islands governor, the groups are the various pirate crews that operate from the port of Nassau.

Of course the people in charge are eventually subject to change. There are a lot of people inactive at the moment waiting for the game to come out before they show their faces and I'm sure that there will be a lot of more competent people interested in such a role. When things get moving, I'm sure there will be a process where new division leaders will be appointed. And then maybe I will get to actually relax and enjoy the game as well.

The pre-defining of specific people at the moment to lead this has been done so that people won't start calling "dibs" in crucial divisions on the game, while everyone else is still looking elsewhere waiting for the game to come out.
i get what your saying :).. and i guess if enough people are calling for a vote to enstate another person in the position the option will be there sorta like a vote for another person wishing for such a position with all the responsability that comes with it, besides will it really matter much as far as i understand with test Montoya has the final say or people look to him if they cant agree in a dispute.. correct ?...

Reactions: Blind Owl

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
I do wounder what type of interaction you see us having with other divisions. Frisbee's don't kill other testes makes sense, but beyond that, what?
Many other things require communication channels with other divisions, such as joint ops, areas of free passage (no pirate harassment), etc.
For example it is in best interest of TEST that we do not harass ships passing through this lane, or the industrial division needs special hard to procure items that we need to keep an eye out for, or TEST requires us to harass certain orgs or areas for some purpose.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
THAT FACE WHEN (commonly used as a preface to a reaction picture or gif) YOU HAVE TO HAVE A FIRMER ENGAGEMENT POLICY THAN "NOT BLUE SHOOT IT" (In EVE, Allies are Blue. If it ain't an ally blow it the fuck up)

(I helped)

kolchack

Commander
Dec 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Kolchack
I do think that there is enough we know about the game to get an idea of how piracy will work. Especially since CIG just showed us the reworked flight mechanics. We just need to keep in mind that everything is subject to change. Like you, Reaper, me any my raiders already have some, not so nice, tactics that we look forward to testing in 3.0. What I am wondering about more is less tactics than strategy. I am wondering what systems am I gonna want to pirate in, will I be able to operate as a pirate out of one system with short range ships or will I need to organize longer pirating expeditions using something like my Polaris (Yeah I have one >D). as a mobile base to compensate for changes in the trade lanes. I am wondering about stuff like economics and how I will sell my stolen stuff, will I need to find smugglers? will the smugglers find me? will I have to smuggle my stolen shit myself? Or will there be businesses that will buy my stuff of me and handle all that messy stuff.
I am also concerned about what my fellow pirates may consider crossing the line, because I totally plan on strapping one of my victims into an eva suit and spacing them in a degrading orbit around a gas giant.

I'm just wondering about stuff like that.
Sounds like the future version of making them walk the plank what about keel hauling them I would love to here your cool version of this?

Mettan

Admiral
Dec 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Metan
Sounds like the future version of making them walk the plank what about keel hauling them I would love to here your cool version of this?
OMG, don't get me started . . . well you did. You still use a rope, but instead of rubbing them up under the ship, you take the ship into FTL. >=D

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
BTW I am semi retired so I can easily work the game 80 hours a week. The care bears will have my photo on every post office and space port in the game you know the wanted posters.
Yarr! That's the spirit! We'll send them post cards with your picture on it and their loot in the background. Have it say something like, "Having a great time with the loot. Wish you were here. Hugs and kisses, TEST Squadron Pirates."

Didn't play Eve. Had to look up NBSI. Still working on tfw.

I'm old
Edit: that feeling when.
It all makes sense now. I'm so advanced.
Lol, I didn't get it either. Luckily, AntiSqueaker came back and clarified :D

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
THAT FACE WHEN (commonly used as a preface to a reaction picture or gif) YOU HAVE TO HAVE A FIRMER ENGAGEMENT POLICY THAN "NOT BLUE SHOOT IT" (In EVE, Allies are Blue. If it ain't an ally blow it the fuck up)

(I helped)
You helped. I obviously wasn't near drunk enough last night. Haha. Although I did figure out the Eve reference all by my self. Are you proud of me?
You better be fucking proud of me! Ha.
Lol, I didn't get it either. Luckily, AntiSqueaker came back and clarified :smile:
He's just the best.

Reactions: Stevetank

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
You helped. I obviously wasn't near drunk enough last night. Haha. Although I did figure out the Eve reference all by my self. Are you proud of me?
You better be fucking proud of me! Ha.
We're all proud of you. I still don't know how you read these forums :D

:sunglasses:

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?