Plastic silver-ish lining

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
After a family death, followed by family member having heart issues then followed by another close family friend's death, then funeral, then same family member who had heart issues back in hospital again...The time had come for the twice a year local council verge pick up, once a year they do green waste then the next time is everything else. For the last five years i've always managed to miss both and have ended up with a shed full of crap. Things i've not seen for years as I started using my wife's small hatchback car to ferry shit from the shed to the verge.

I found many boxes. Sometimes a box within a box within another box, or a box in a bag and many combinations to spice it up. One particular box had another small box, that immediately caught my eye...it said "Star Citizen"....I thought what is that? I thought I only had the original Star Citizen backer dog tags from when I was a goon....(Goonrathi for those who did PVP battle on the "olde" RSI forums).

I found...a spaceship! A Constellation that I had forgotten I had bought years ago, and it sat in it's box in the shed for the last five years after getting it two years prior that...

Behold! Plastic silver-ish desk thing!

20210818_112902.jpg
20210818_113006.jpg

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Sorry about the recent loss.

Hope that model brings you some solace and joy. Tis a thing of beauty!
Thanks man, only way to move is forwards, hence deciding to not miss verge collection day. Get up don't be sad and clear that shed out. As for the Connie i'm pretty stoked. Will keep it inside now until I can put together a plastic or glass cover. I think it was around $100 to buy, so out of curiosity I looked on ebay. Prices ranged from $600 to nearly $3000 haha but will keep it. It's metal and plastic and has some weight to it. Probably cheaply made with the illusion it's not cheaply made haha....but it did come from RSI hahaha.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Thanks man, only way to move is forwards, hence deciding to not miss verge collection day. Get up don't be sad and clear that shed out. As for the Connie i'm pretty stoked. Will keep it inside now until I can put together a plastic or glass cover. I think it was around $100 to buy, so out of curiosity I looked on ebay. Prices ranged from $600 to nearly $3000 haha but will keep it. It's metal and plastic and has some weight to it. Probably cheaply made with the illusion it's not cheaply made haha....but it did come from RSI hahaha.
Damn good return on that investment lol.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It was only recently as I ploughed my Taurus into the depths of Crusader to see how deep we could go I noticed it has "Mk4" written all over it, apparently these models weren't the best of sellers even for the limited run stock which were produced, so the chances of a re-run are almost non-existent and definitely at the "Mk3" model.

You have a real rarity on your hands there! :like:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
After a family death, followed by family member having heart issues then followed by another close family friend's death, then funeral, then same family member who had heart issues back in hospital again...The time had come for the twice a year local council verge pick up, once a year they do green waste then the next time is everything else. For the last five years i've always managed to miss both and have ended up with a shed full of crap. Things i've not seen for years as I started using my wife's small hatchback car to ferry shit from the shed to the verge.

I found many boxes. Sometimes a box within a box within another box, or a box in a bag and many combinations to spice it up. One particular box had another small box, that immediately caught my eye...it said "Star Citizen"....I thought what is that? I thought I only had the original Star Citizen backer dog tags from when I was a goon....(Goonrathi for those who did PVP battle on the "olde" RSI forums).

I found...a spaceship! A Constellation that I had forgotten I had bought years ago, and it sat in it's box in the shed for the last five years after getting it two years prior that...

Behold! Plastic silver-ish desk thing!

View attachment 21184View attachment 21185
Truth be told, I'm divided on how to respond to your post my friend. On 1 side I'm sorry for your loss & share your pain as I lost my closest family member the Sat before last. On the other side I'm happy that you found this glorious rare gem that you had waiting for you in your shed. Back when I initially backed SC & saw these, I wanted 1 so badly, but it wasn't anywhere close to being in my budget. I'm happy that you were blessed enough to be able to receive 1 & that it reappeared now when you can use a pick me up.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
That would make a great hood ornament on the Merc!
Hahaha yeah need crowd funding to run it!

Since my potato Bro-In-Law didn't have a will, we've got to go through the courts to become administrators (it's mine but not mine yet) so I took it out on Sunday morning to fill the tank if it's going to sit around for a bit. Holy shit it's quick...got a decent drive out of it and it's so sooooo smooth with gear changes and feels great on the road. A so much better experience than the WRX, another world....

EDIT:
Forgot to mention....I was only driving it in "Comfort" mode also...and it still felt wickedly fun.....once legally mine and fully insured we'll kick it up to "Sports" mode, and once I have the grasp of that...."Manual" mode..

Last edited:

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
It was only recently as I ploughed my Taurus into the depths of Crusader to see how deep we could go I noticed it has "Mk4" written all over it, apparently these models weren't the best of sellers even for the limited run stock which were produced, so the chances of a re-run are almost non-existent and definitely at the "Mk3" model.

You have a real rarity on your hands there! :like:
Nice, I wonder how many were actually sold. The only thing I can find is an old reddit post from several years ago, saying only about the first batch of 1000 being sold. Mine has a plastic card that says it's part of a run of 5000. Pity they didn't spend the extra 10 cents and have them individually numbered.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Truth be told, I'm divided on how to respond to your post my friend. On 1 side I'm sorry for your loss & share your pain as I lost my closest family member the Sat before last. On the other side I'm happy that you found this glorious rare gem that you had waiting for you in your shed. Back when I initially backed SC & saw these, I wanted 1 so badly, but it wasn't anywhere close to being in my budget. I'm happy that you were blessed enough to be able to receive 1 & that it reappeared now when you can use a pick me up.
It's one of those things that nobody can do anything about. Don't like it, but simply must accept it. Hence getting into the shed and throwing a trailer load of things out. The circus must go on and bills have to be paid. The Connie was a nice bonus find, as was also now finding my dog's favorite toy (He died just after Easter this year) a touch bitter sweet. I'm sorry for your loss also and hope they did not suffer at the end. My wife was with her brother when he passed, and thankfully it was peaceful. Our friend died last Sunday week ago, ironically at the same hospital and about same time we were there to pick up my Mother-In-Law who just spent a fortnight there with her heart after we buried my Brother-In-Law (aggressive cancer). We got home had enough time to make a coffee then the phone rang.

So today at the end of the day...found a lost spaceship, found a missing dog toy (it's a stuffed green and white monkey with a Santa hat...currently in the washing machine) and cleared a lot of shed space, and also cleared the head.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So today at the end of the day...found a lost spaceship, found a missing dog toy (it's a stuffed green and white monkey with a Santa hat...currently in the washing machine) and cleared a lot of shed space, and also cleared the head.
Sounds like a busy, and productive day on many fronts - but exactly what was needed. And that plastic silver-ish space desk thing looks great!

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Huu the Toketsu model!!!
That's anice piece of collectable man!
It looks a bit cheap on the detials laking some inking in the pannel line that will help to bring all the detail out, but that is really a collection piece, especially sine is a MK3 Conny, a model that is not longer even in game, a true piece of the developmente process of SC.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Ooh that is pretty. Yum.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Huu the Toketsu model!!!
That's anice piece of collectable man!
It looks a bit cheap on the detials laking some inking in the pannel line that will help to bring all the detail out, but that is really a collection piece, especially sine is a MK3 Conny, a model that is not longer even in game, a true piece of the developmente process of SC.
Yep indeed, lower end of the good scale but still pretty sweet. Some metal there it's reasonably heavy.

Forgot your password?