Please don't like my thread-campaign

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
For all of you coffee drinkers.

Reminds me of Lord Desecrator from the movie Dominator - quite possibly the best movie ever made:

View: https://youtu.be/znYeGKTqF7o?t=3749

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Cmon you bunch of degens, let's see which one of you recognizes my latest print from just this hehehe. Also, what color should I use for the panties?

Edit: I'll be adding hints until I get an answer as to whom this might be.
1st. hint: it's a character from a game that got a remake not too long ago

IMG_20230403_000454.jpg

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
or you could sand the panty lines off and just paint everything skin tone
While I appreciate your creative idea, I can't do that for family friendly reasons.
Not on this one at least, wink wink nudge nudge

So far I was given an answer to the color by an "expert" on the subject, with a very in-depth explanation to go along with it, and that answer is pink.
I'm still open to suggestions, and also the solution to which game character these belong to!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Cmon you bunch of degens, let's see which one of you recognizes my latest print from just this hehehe. Also, what color should I use for the panties?

Edit: I'll be adding hints until I get an answer as to whom this might be.
1st. hint: it's a character from a game that got a remake not too long ago

View attachment 24273
Tifa, FFVII remake. And I believe the official is pink, albeit a light pink methinks, as they appear white in all the pictures.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Tifa, FFVII remake. And I believe the official is pink, albeit a light pink methinks, as they appear white in all the pictures.
*Search Engines*

Aha, hope she lives somewhere warm.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Hell yeah you got it!
It is indeed Tifa from the remake, at 1/4 scale.
Fun fact, just from boots to the top of the part pictured above, it's as high as a regular scotch bottle. It's gonna be a big gal lol

I'll go with the pink then, thanks!

@NaffNaffBobFace
If I remember correctly, there's plenty of global warming and such to keep her warm. Or some environmental things going on at least.. Also with those "attributes", I doubt she'd have any issues finding bodies to keep her warm lol

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
(A day late but) Fuck you monday! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

20 bucks... Starcitzen ~500 million... I stopped keeping track at ~300.
Watched some gameplay, kinda janky but has it's charms. I do like the fact that it's a proper single player universe with story missions.

For those of us who like the ground combat aspect, I found this one to be interesting , it looks promising but it's still too early in dev. Kinda what CnC Renegade should have been but with Dune/Starcraft/StarshipTroopers vibes, huge maps, base building and first person combat:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
1684113524825.png

I found some time finally, and I might have just about managed to tame this thing into an actually printable shape. I noticed that it's still missing a few things (like the rear hatch didn't exist on this holoviewer model, so I just added some extra lines there, also non of the wheels were actually connecting to the hull) and ofc the wheels and track wont move, but at least the turret should be able to rotate.

BTW, that design is a load of fun-over-realism. The axis of the turrets rotation is way more forward in the game if I remember correctly then on my model, however there is literally zero space for a "neck" or collar or whatever you call it that could connect the turret to the hull with enough surface area to make it feel even remotely realistic. Basically it would be the size of a smartphone, both width and height... The gun in itself , cos it has to traverse down and is anchored so far back, makes a proper large enough to be believable cylindrical connection impossible.
We never see this in the game, who cares really, so it doesn't matter. Rule-of-cool and somesuch, but it was a pain to find a large enough spot that is forward enough to make a cutout for the turret connection that would still allow for the turret to rotate around what one would assume is it's center of mass. So I made it where it felt forward enough wihtout cutting into the turret details, cos there's a lot of stuff on the bottom that goes way back under the barrel.

The biggest pain in the ass with these models is ofc them being single sided planes hangin in mid-air, not having any volume, thus one has to manually add that volume. There are fast and easy ways to do this, but it gets real messy real fast if you don't put in the time and effort to do it manually. Hence why you don't see a mass inflow of printed ships apart from a few low quality efforts, and also why I guess we haven't seen a single new item from the official 3d printing shop in many many years. It's just not worth it from a financial standpoint to have multiple people spend weeks rebuilding a model to a standard that would be acceptable by the model building crowd.
Imho if RSI want's to get into the physical ship merch game, they should just have someone do basic low-detial with some overexaggerated features type of ships for die-casting, like key fob/hotwheels size, and have that mass produced in some sweatshop in china. It would make for a good source of income and would make tons of fans happy, unlike the waaaay overpriced printed kits.

Forgot your password?