Please don't like my thread-campaign

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
People forget that way back when, the French were one of the major military badasses in Europe. They fought with England and Spain like it was the national sport. They also emerged victorious in the longest military conflict ever, which was called the Hundred Years' War, but actually lasted for 116 years, because 100 years wasn't long enough for the amount of ass-kicking that France wanted to do.
Indeed, and if it wasn't for Napoleon III (Napoleon Bonaparte's nephew, don't ask about 'the Third' part) France could have had a very successful 19th century. The only two major military fuck ups by the French I can think of in the last 200 years are the Franco-Prussian War and Dien Bien Phu in 1954. I guess you could say the Crimean War too, but no one performed well in that on either side.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
Basically this thread is about not getting likes.
The winner is the guy without a like.

This thread is counter-response to Munken's thread, which is obviously destroying the whole forums by creating an inflation in likes. It's a very serious issues, especially for us who has shares in likes!
Instructions unclear. Shive is sad about not getting likes. So to make him a winner, like every post he has ever made.

Guss De Blöd

Admiral
Donor
Jul 22, 2015
RSI Handle
gussdeblod
Yes because France has an admirable military history, and it's actually a myth that the French military performed poorly in both World Wars. People like to forget the overwhelming superiority of numbers the Germans threw at them both times.

People forget that way back when, the French were one of the major military badasses in Europe. They fought with England and Spain like it was the national sport. They also emerged victorious in the longest military conflict ever, which was called the Hundred Years' War, but actually lasted for 116 years, because 100 years wasn't long enough for the amount of ass-kicking that France wanted to do.
ell the joke about french being "surrendered monkeys" is so persistent everywhere you go on the internet, I didn't think someone would actually say something true on that subject. XD
I've played a lot of online games (including eve with test) nobody ever said that about us french... mhhhh.. I think it's because both of you are secretly French!

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
ell the joke about french being "surrendered monkeys" is so persistent everywhere you go on the internet, I didn't think someone would actually say something true on that subject. XD
I've played a lot of online games (including eve with test) nobody ever said that about us french... mhhhh.. I think it's because both of you are secretly French!
Certainly not French, just very interested in history!

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Same here
Though I can't remember everything I read :eek:
I don't think many people can, and even I struggle with some things. I often have to reacquaint myself with some texts before discussions! I had my graduation this week, so I now officially have a BA degree in History :)

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Only if you count back like 17 or 18 generations. But yes, back to the topic at hand!

Forgot your password?