Well, I wanted to post a pic of me finishing Vanduul Swarm for the first time in ages, with a stock rental gladius. It was kinda crazy on the last two waves, was down to my last life lol
But I can't find the screenshot, apparently it didn't take the pic when I pushed PrntScr.
So instead, here's a couple of shots with ReShade "Raytraced" "Global Illumination" . Fake GI that is kinda not even raytraced. It's some Ambient Occlusion filter derived from depth data plus more like a very primitive form of colorbleed that you get with proper GI, but meh, details...
CIG is doing it's own implementation of real time GI Colorbleed as seen at last years (or the one before) citcon tech presentation I think. That's gonna be awesome!
I gotta admit the added AO helps add some more depth to the image, but I'm fine without it. The colorbleed isn't really noticable in these ones, but again, my prtnscr button was acting up cos I can't find half of my screenshots so I can't give you more comparisons. Reshade doesn't really work with SC that well as you need the Depth (Z) channel to get the more interesting stuff working, but it's blocked by deffault as it's an online game, to stop exploits. To circumvent this I had to get an older custom version that had this block removed. The real issue is that SC renders it's depth maps in rather interesting ways I can't really figure out. Seems like it's being done on a per grid basis? So as you move around, the channel used for it changes, it's resolutions changes, and sometimes it's not even active. Also it flickers in n out a lot, and most of the time lower res than final image, so it turns out pixelated when used for Reshade effects and flickers like all hell. Really weird.
Disclaimer: I might have had a bit of extra fake HDR turned on too for these, can't memba...
Todays random weirdness:
I was thinking about trying out some games like NFS Heat through my Origin access thingy, so I tried to launch the app and nothing happened. After uninstalling it to reinstall, I had the same issue with the installer, nothing happening, ticking away in the background. It took me 3 tries throughout the last 2 weeks of multiple hours spent hunting the gremlin that stopped it from running but I finally found it.
It was the goddamn graphics tablet driver software. I don't know how, or why, but killing that process was the only thing that worked, and now I got EA crap all over my machine again, Yaaay! :D