Please don't like my thread-campaign

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase
It will be here long after civilization has crumbled away. Far future Mad Max scholars will toil their lives away inscribing the posts onto stone monuments.
And after all the almanacs are burned out of existence they will be able to know what day of the week it is based by my FUCK YOU MONDAY posts.

BTW: FUCK YOU MONDAY!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
So I don't feel like making a new post. Give me some info @Shadow Reaper

I'm deciding between the Razor EX and the Sabre Comet. I want a stealth ship which can get in and out without being seen. At first I dismissed the Sabre because it looked much larger, but then playing on Erkel I found out the Sabre can actually get a smaller EM sig when powering down weapons/shields. Combine that with over double the firepower, tons more missiles, another shield, AND an extra power plant; I don't think I can ignore it.

What's your experience on the matter? Done any stealth testing?

Also, anyone feel free to discuss, I just think I remember seeing Shadow post about this stuff, but if I'm wrong feel free to tag the person I'm thinking of.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
This is the best way to boost your like:post ratio, I hope it never goes away.
my posts here usually get fewer likes than my posts elsewhere

but if anyone thinks that will stop me posting K-pop videos here, think again

cultural assimilation is a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it

Irishnutcase

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

Attachments

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So I don't feel like making a new post. Give me some info @Shadow Reaper

I'm deciding between the Razor EX and the Sabre Comet. I want a stealth ship which can get in and out without being seen. At first I dismissed the Sabre because it looked much larger, but then playing on Erkel I found out the Sabre can actually get a smaller EM sig when powering down weapons/shields. Combine that with over double the firepower, tons more missiles, another shield, AND an extra power plant; I don't think I can ignore it.

What's your experience on the matter? Done any stealth testing?

Also, anyone feel free to discuss, I just think I remember seeing Shadow post about this stuff, but if I'm wrong feel free to tag the person I'm thinking of.
I seem to recall having this conversation with @Shadow Reaper at some point in the recent past. I've been thinking about this sale conundrum. I'll see if I can either help summon him OR find the conversation we had.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I seem to recall having this conversation with @Shadow Reaper at some point in the recent past. I've been thinking about this sale conundrum. I'll see if I can either help summon him OR find the conversation we had.
I've been looking into stealth more and have come to the conclusion that if you've powered down most systems then just about any ship can be stealthy as far as EM goes. I don't have IR numbers so I'm going to play around with those or try to find some document that clarifies. I will also be buying a San'Tok.Yai, so I'll actually have a fighter of Sabre+ quality. So I may just go with the Razor Ex since it has a small cross-section. I'll do testing the next time I have days off.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I've been looking into stealth more and have come to the conclusion that if you've powered down most systems then just about any ship can be stealthy as far as EM goes. I don't have IR numbers so I'm going to play around with those or try to find some document that clarifies. I will also be buying a San'Tok.Yai, so I'll actually have a fighter of Sabre+ quality. So I may just go with the Razor Ex since it has a small cross-section. I'll do testing the next time I have days off.
Ha. Too funny. The San'tok.yāi is also on my wishlist. I'm trying to decide if I want to do fleet shenanigans and add a large ship (Perseus) or just a couple smaller ones. Send to me that most of what I have is slowly creeping in size, leaving me less and less capable of soloing when the mood strikes me. For group play I'll probably be riding along with you miscreants most of the time, so it may behoove me to have a couple smaller ships.

Ugh.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
You know I'm an erkul addict. I own it.

Here's the standard stealth loadout, components overclocked:

Note I had to use a low draw stealth shield to keep power management balanced. Three FR-66 was too much, but that is with everything overclocked and you may not want to run like that, etc. The idea here is to get close and then make your optimization choices.

You can see that with everything on and running hot, the twin Slipstreams are enough to power the ship. That's key when checking stealth builds. There are almost no single reactor small and medium ships that can power everything with a single stealth reactor. Those that can usually have only one shield, like the Cutty.

Now you want to shut everything off, except one reactor and one cooler, but the new erkul doesn't seem to allow this now? I guess I just haven't figured it out. I love the change that you can check power with overclocking on, but you need to be able to turn components off too.

From memory I can say that the Sabre is a true stealth ship and when I checked it, it had a nice low full-stealth EM sig down around 200. I'm not surprised if it is lower than the Razor EX, which was mildly disappointing. If you want to fight with it, I'd certainly choose the Sabre. If you're flying stealth recon, the blinding speed of the Razor is really helpful, for even the fastest Vanduul ships cannot bar your path. My interest in the Razor is chiefly that if you cut the wings off, it supposedly still flies very nicely in space, and so you could fit more than half dozen into the hangar bay of the Polaris and use them as stealth recon/spotting ships, that go out 30km in front and light up Vanduul Void Bombers from max torp range. Just 'cause they all deserve to die.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I just realized that The Antwoord are the gangstaaas from the movie Chappie!

Also I watched S02E05 of the Mando, and holy shit! It's been a day since yet my spine still tingles from that one sentence! Been waiting 25 years for this.... But this belongs in it's own thread.

Also also I can't get into SC, endless load before menu. Says Degraded Performance on the tracker but that shouldn't mean no getting in at all? Should it?
NVM, user fodler delete solved it.

That is all.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
unironic theorycrafting in Please Don't Like My Thread Campaign?

HERESY!

Hahaha, heresy indeed! How dare he! BURN THE WITCH!
@Blind Owl sorry to have trapped your soul in this thread for years, man. I hope you forgive.
I live here now. I have come to accept this. All I ask is that everyone brings more beer. Always bring more beer!

Forgot your password?