Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Irishnutcase

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Oh, hey, just thought I'd share and I don't want to make a whole thread about it. But as some of you may know I'm a truck driver. Last month I celebrated my one million safe driving miles! Work gave me a pay bonus and some trinkets, one of which was a crystal semi truck. Thing is about a foot long!

20210126_193628.jpg

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Oh, hey, just thought I'd share and I don't want to make a whole thread about it. But as some of you may know I'm a truck driver. Last month I celebrated my one million safe driving miles! Work gave me a pay bonus and some trinkets, one of which was a crystal semi truck. Thing is about a foot long!

Right on dude, right on!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

That is really really cool! Congrats, and here's to another million safe miles!
Cheers! 🍻

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I see J.B.Hunt trucks on the road all the time

I wonder if we've ever crossed paths?
I suppose it's possible. I did do over the road for several years of that million miles. But there are a shitload of us!

That is really really cool! Congrats, and here's to another million safe miles!
Cheers! 🍻
Fuck me, I hope I'm not in the job for another 10ish years lol

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

I wonder if a Swift driver has ever been able to achieve this.

And Congradulations. I can't imagine what it takes to be a truck driver. I can hardly handle most drivers on my short commute to and from work (still want to mount a 20mm cannon to the front of my car for reasons).

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I wonder if a Swift driver has ever been able to achieve this.

And Congradulations. I can't imagine what it takes to be a truck driver. I can hardly handle most drivers on my short commute to and from work (still want to mount a 20mm cannon to the front of my car for reasons).
Hah! I don't think Swift keep track, no reason to.

I drive around southern California too! LA traffic is pretty bad.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Damn Grim, congrats! That's freaking awesome. Good work!

Also, what the fuck Grim? A million SAFE miles? How un-TEST of you.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Shh! A million "safe" miles.
Either you are a real TESTie and missed all the targets on the freeway (because, I mean I've driven in LA... you almost can't miss)
OR
Latex is amazing stuff, isn't it?

Edit: check all that apply.
Edit2: Never mind checking all that apply, I don't want to know.
Edit3: Congrats! That works either way

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Every time a package arrives at my door i am thankful for truckers. But once again YouTube shows me why the job is just not for me.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Benl2fNwA54
Did you just hack me while playing ATS?? lul

Holy shit, the amount of silly in that video is scary indeed.
Call me a cringey gamer, but I gained even more respect for trucks from all the dumb crashes I caused in ETS and ATS (and ofc that old Top Gear episode). I already had respect for em cos as a kid I really wanted to be one cos trucks are cool yo!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Did you just hack me while playing ATS?? lul

Holy shit, the amount of silly in that video is scary indeed.
Call me a cringey gamer, but I gained even more respect for trucks from all the dumb crashes I caused in ETS and ATS (and ofc that old Top Gear episode). I already had respect for em cos as a kid I really wanted to be one cos trucks are cool yo!
I had an uncle that owned a trucking company and a construction company... was cool for summer jobs when I was a teenager. But alas... it also did me in for trucking for a living. Good memories though, and some of it was good for stories. For the most part. Except a lock-rim tire exploded. That's what changed my mind.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Every time a package arrives at my door i am thankful for truckers. But once again YouTube shows me why the job is just not for me.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Benl2fNwA54
These videos give me fucking anxiety! I can just see those things happening. Few of those things pretty much happened to me, but you learn how to avoid them. The second guy shouldn't have been in the left lane.

But the things I've seen happen in front of me is pretty insane. Sometimes I just don't want to drive anymore with the amount of stupidity.

Forgot your password?