Please don't like my thread-campaign

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Is that a fancy IPA, or a dwarf on a kite?
Eh... actually it was a Boeing 767 that ran out of fuel at around 12,000 meters (about 41,000 feet) and made an unpowered landing on a race track at Gimli Manitoba in Canada. Nobody got seriously hurt, 10 were taken to hospital with minor injuries. It scared the crap out of two kids who were on the racetrack riding their bicycles when the plane appeared behind them - and all of the passengers and crew prolly shat their britches.
Turns out the root cause was someone mistook "kilograms" for "pounds" and gave the aircraft less than half of the fuel that it needed for it's flight. You can read all about it here:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Eh... actually it was a Boeing 767 that ran out of fuel at around 12,000 meters (about 41,000 feet) and made an unpowered landing on a race track at Gimli Manitoba in Canada. Nobody got seriously hurt, 10 were taken to hospital with minor injuries. It scared the crap out of two kids who were on the racetrack riding their bicycles when the plane appeared behind them - and all of the passengers and crew prolly shat their britches.
Turns out the root cause was someone mistook "kilograms" for "pounds" and gave the aircraft less than half of the fuel that it needed for it's flight. You can read all about it here:

See what happens when you go to metric. You get only half your stuff.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Wow!
That must have been a good day for the local pants shop!
Good thing the pilots weren't Test members! Well effing done there!

So I was kinda correct about it being a (rather large) kite, and if there was a dwarf on board I was spot on?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So I was kinda correct about it being a (rather large) kite, and if there was a dwarf on board I was spot on?
I used to refer to the kids that way. It beats trying to remember all their names, and it avoids what my father used to say... which usually included one of the pet's names instead of a kid. So from that perspective... there were a few.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I used to refer to the kids that way. It beats trying to remember all their names, and it avoids what my father used to say... which usually included one of the pet's names instead of a kid. So from that perspective... there were a few.
Yep I'm doing that at the moment. The child and the cat both have names ending "-ie" so more often than not the cat is the kid and the kid is the cat.

Usual disclaimer for the future kiddo, if you're reading this it's because 1) i'm male and 2) a moron, not because I didn't love you or I loved the cat more 🙂

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Yep I'm doing that at the moment. The child and the cat both have names ending "-ie" so more often than not the cat is the kid and the kid is the cat.

Usual disclaimer for the future kiddo, if you're reading this it's because 1) i'm male and 2) a moron, not because I didn't love you or I loved the cat more 🙂
That's only because Cats are assholes too.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

Listen to @Bambooza ... He's right. Cats can be bigger assholes than kids are. Mine used to say "pet me" and then when I reached for him he'd attack me with 4 claws and teeth. Then lick the damage he caused and purr. Only to me. I was probably more entertaining than the kids. Dam cat.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
This is very true. My cats word for "Feed me" is biting my ankle. Her word for "Let me outside" is also biting my ankle. Her word for "Pummel Virtual Ass in a PM conversation and then watch my cat plan to destroy him and his griefer Org unfold in glorious Technicolour" is also biting my ankle.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Germany, day 1: flew all night. Slept 3 hours on a plane. Still did the beer tour. Ate the pork knuckle. Drank a shit tonne is kolsch. Does it bother me that I'm going to bed at 9pm? Fuck no. I'm old, been on tour 7.5 months, and I'm fucking tired. But I tell you lads, I'm certainly happy to be free of the sandbox; happy to be drinking beer; and happy to be sleeping in a fucking bed.
Nap time

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
Germany, day 1: flew all night. Slept 3 hours on a plane. Still did the beer tour. Ate the pork knuckle. Drank a shit tonne is kolsch. Does it bother me that I'm going to bed at 9pm? Fuck no. I'm old, been on tour 7.5 months, and I'm fucking tired. But I tell you lads, I'm certainly happy to be free of the sandbox; happy to be drinking beer; and happy to be sleeping in a fucking bed.
Nap time
Hope you'll enjoy yourself here. And certainly hope you treat yourself with some tastier beer than just kölsch ;p

Ezz

Space Marshal
Feb 4, 2016
RSI Handle
Pfen
Haha, oh yeah, I am. Although I'm very VERY open to suggestions!
Well personally I really like Rothaus Tannenzäpfle (but stay away from the regular Rothaus Pils without the "Tannenzäfle")
Also really enjoyable is Augustiner or Welde
You also don't make any mistake going with the standard once like Bitburger, Warsteiner, Paulaner, Erdinger and so on.
Personally just not a big fan of Kölsch and Astra 🤷‍♂️
I hope you have enough time to find your own fave :o7:

Forgot your password?