Please don't like my thread-campaign

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
1626194008496.png

Well, I don't, actually. I print em myself!

It's coming along slowly, the heat makes it rather hard to concentrate, and as I don't have a wet palette, paint dries really fast as well... Anyways, enough excuses, this is my first ever figure that I painted. It is getting close to what a 5 year old could accomplish, so I'm quiet proud of it. So far I only did tanks and other mechanical stuff, so adding rust and paint chipping skills is not really a skill I can use here lol. It would need tons of work on the skin areas, I just don't know what and how. Also some minor details like belt and guitar strings need to be painted still, and I might paint the generic gun in his right hand in Gold or metallic shift pearl-green-blue. I know it's not authentic but it feels more Punk than the default "black with silver and with black" imo.
Original 3D model used for the print is from thingiverse btw, so credit goes to whomever made that! oh, and scale is roughly 12cm high

PSX_20210713_144654.jpg

(and yes that is real vape-smoke, and a dragonfly and a fallout bot in the bg, the junk around him is bags for my half-failed print of Geralt on horseback to hide where the horses ass delaminated from the rest. I'll post that later lol)

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
View attachment 21051

Well, I don't, actually. I print em myself!

It's coming along slowly, the heat makes it rather hard to concentrate, and as I don't have a wet palette, paint dries really fast as well... Anyways, enough excuses, this is my first ever figure that I painted. It is getting close to what a 5 year old could accomplish, so I'm quiet proud of it. So far I only did tanks and other mechanical stuff, so adding rust and paint chipping skills is not really a skill I can use here lol. It would need tons of work on the skin areas, I just don't know what and how. Also some minor details like belt and guitar strings need to be painted still, and I might paint the generic gun in his right hand in Gold or metallic shift pearl-green-blue. I know it's not authentic but it feels more Punk than the default "black with silver and with black" imo.
Original 3D model used for the print is from thingiverse btw, so credit goes to whomever made that! oh, and scale is roughly 12cm high

View attachment 21052

(and yes that is real vape-smoke, and a dragonfly and a fallout bot in the bg, the junk around him is bags for my half-failed print of Geralt on horseback to hide where the horses ass delaminated from the rest. I'll post that later lol)
If those were Warhammer figures then the statement would fulfill both meanings. Which, by the way, I'm going to try getting back into my 40k hobby, so don't be surprised if I spam progress. I've thought of posting my progress daily and most social media sucks, so you guys can suffer!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
If those were Warhammer figures then the statement would fulfill both meanings. Which, by the way, I'm going to try getting back into my 40k hobby, so don't be surprised if I spam progress. I've thought of posting my progress daily and most social media sucks, so you guys can suffer!

1626260455069.png

Do it! Make us suffer!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
So instead of spending money on pretty jpegs, you're suggesting someone spend their money on dull plastic physicalized objects that require many hours of meticulous dabbing on paint to bring them to a similar graphic fidelity (posted jpegs) as we have in StarCItizen?
Yep. Actually I suggest you do 50/50. Cos you can earn all in-game. One in SC, the other in the big game of life.

And, you can just buy one jpeg and then click copy then paste. Then you have more jpegs. You can do the same with the plastic, except for the dabbing on paint part and it takes a bit more work to "copy" unless you have a 3D copier.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
After posting this you better damn well accept my follow request! I need to see stuff and things!
Am I on private? I'll have to change that if I am. Honestly barely use Instagram but figured it was the easiest place to link from so I'm not putting 4k images on this websites server.

Forgot your password?