Please don't like my thread-campaign

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
Any of you gentleman find yourselves responding automatically to your significant other with a "Yes dear" or similar when all you really heard was the teacher from the Peanuts talking? And it's not intentional, sometimes you don't actually register what they said until later, if at all? Or am I just getting old?

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Any of you gentleman find yourselves responding automatically to your significant other with a "Yes dear" or similar when all you really heard was the teacher from the Peanuts talking? And it's not intentional, sometimes you don't actually register what they said until later, if at all? Or am I just getting old?
I wish I could say you are alone in this. How many times I have agreed to something only to try and retract said agreement or failed to carry out said agreement and ended up in breach of contract.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
All just my opinion, based on experience...

A couple of things going on... Yes, you're getting older. Your wife is getting older. Both of these things have an impact on attention span and focus. You might be thinking about the new neighbor's wife something else. She may not have grabbed your attention. I mean face it... she has to work harder at that than she used to. My wife and I have developed a system that seems to work for us. First thing she does is threaten to grab me or threatens to knee me (either one) in the balls. That normally works. If it doesn't, or if I look blankly at her because I have no idea what the hell she's talking about she asks (or tells) me again. Now I'm not entirely sure about the order of events, but there has also been a carving knife involved...

Also, there is a difference between men and women that needs to be taken into account. That's how you reply to mundane questions like "how was your day?" Men are more apt to just say "Fine" or "It as good" and leave it at that. Women will often give you a blow by blow recount of everything that happened that day. If that happens, don't let your eyes glaze over. Instead, listen intently and say things like "yeah. Then what? How did that go?" until you can't take it any more... then pretend you need to take a shit. Don't pretend to need to pee, it doesn't take long enough. But you can always pretend it's a hard one to get out.

Now this next one is something most men don't think of... but chances are you're not actually going to live as long as your wife, but your end might not be so fast. You might survive a heart attack or a stroke... in that case, your wife is going to be the primary person that's going to take care of you for a while. Maybe a long while. To prepare for that, treat her like she's your best friend queen.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
All just my opinion, based on experience...

A couple of things going on... Yes, you're getting older. Your wife is getting older. Both of these things have an impact on attention span and focus. You might be thinking about the new neighbor's wife something else. She may not have grabbed your attention. I mean face it... she has to work harder at that than she used to. My wife and I have developed a system that seems to work for us. First thing she does is threaten to grab me or threatens to knee me (either one) in the balls. That normally works. If it doesn't, or if I look blankly at her because I have no idea what the hell she's talking about she asks (or tells) me again. Now I'm not entirely sure about the order of events, but there has also been a carving knife involved...

Also, there is a difference between men and women that needs to be taken into account. That's how you reply to mundane questions like "how was your day?" Men are more apt to just say "Fine" or "It as good" and leave it at that. Women will often give you a blow by blow recount of everything that happened that day. If that happens, don't let your eyes glaze over. Instead, listen intently and say things like "yeah. Then what? How did that go?" until you can't take it any more... then pretend you need to take a shit. Don't pretend to need to pee, it doesn't take long enough. But you can always pretend it's a hard one to get out.

Now this next one is something most men don't think of... but chances are you're not actually going to live as long as your wife, but your end might not be so fast. You might survive a heart attack or a stroke... in that case, your wife is going to be the primary person that's going to take care of you for a while. Maybe a long while. To prepare for that, treat her like she's your best friend queen.
Well ackschually, I can take a long piss...
Due to circumstances like the kid opening the door on me and whacking me in the back with it while I'm pissing standing up (it's a small room with a single toilet barely fitting in it), I've grown accustomed to doing it the unmanly way of sitting down and taking my sweet time.
Last time it was a whole 30minutes long piss session , I was probably writing a post like this just then lulz

If you need an excuse for why to take long pisses sitting down and you can't blame it on a family member, you can just say that you don't want to miss with the piss, that should keep any wife happy lol

Or, I guess you can just pretend to take a shit as suggested, but don't be surprised if you are then called a shitty husband lol

Oh, and no I don't do the "yes dear" thing yet... Ummm, or do I?
Oh oh.. That would explain yesterday's incident with the flying cast-iron pan.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Well ackschually, I can take a long piss...
Due to circumstances like the kid opening the door on me and whacking me in the back with it while I'm pissing standing up (it's a small room with a single toilet barely fitting in it), I've grown accustomed to doing it the unmanly way of sitting down and taking my sweet time.
Last time it was a whole 30minutes long piss session , I was probably writing a post like this just then lulz

If you need an excuse for why to take long pisses sitting down and you can't blame it on a family member, you can just say that you don't want to miss with the piss, that should keep any wife happy lol

Or, I guess you can just pretend to take a shit as suggested, but don't be surprised if you are then called a shitty husband lol

Oh, and no I don't do the "yes dear" thing yet... Ummm, or do I?
Oh oh.. That would explain yesterday's incident with the flying cast-iron pan.
I got some advice for you too. Don't blink. First, so you know where the frying pan is coming from and gauge where it's going to hit... so you know whether to duck or jump. Second is so you won't miss anything important while the kid grows up... cuz there's a skill testing question that starts "Do you remember when..." and it really helps if you do. Though you can sometimes fake it.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
I got some advice for you too. Don't blink. First, so you know where the frying pan is coming from and gauge where it's going to hit... so you know whether to duck or jump. Second is so you won't miss anything important while the kid grows up... cuz there's a skill testing question that starts "Do you remember when..." and it really helps if you do. Though you can sometimes fake it.
Thats truth!
With us I think the remembering part will only be an issue if my memory gets messed up by old age, cos I am almost always part of the cause for those memorable moments lol
With the frying pan, it's not always a question of whether you blink or not, as I'm only human and don't have eyes on the back of my head.... All the mirrors placed around the house do help with that though.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Sorry babe, I zoned out for a minute. What was that?

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I remember my Grandfather giving me a wink as he surreptitiously turned off his hearing aids, while my Grandmother was rattling on endlessly. Every so often he would nod and say, "Yes, dear" - she never caught on.

Forgot your password?