Please don't like my thread-campaign

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I ended up having to watch a little with the volume up to understand @maynard comment of gimme gimme now. I thought it was just him wanting them to join him on his Endeavor but now I am not as sure that was his intention.
I thought he wanted the girls. Bit young for him, but I don't judge. Although a lot of them are underage, eh? Not sure. Better safe than sorry!

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Ladies and better looking ladies, allow me to present the 400i, (almost) ready to print!

4003dp.jpg

Took me two long nights to mostly clean up the holoviewer model.. the goddamn guns are sooooo detailed, they even got flat rivets on them I had to extrude into 3d one by one to make it work with the slicer software... All in all the holo model contained 1826 separate objects, about a 1000 of those were just the turrets and guns. So yeah, that was a lot of clicking. The geometry in these low-quality versions is soooo effed up in some places that it's ridiculous, takes minutes to figure out what goes where. They even had Y or T faces in some places (where 3 faces are connected by the same edge), which is illegal in 3d modelling.. It's impossible to do it on purpose even.
Anyways, as I just realized the guns are Not connected to the turrets by any geometry, I'll have to add those and do a proper support pass before I can start printing.
Ships length is 17+cm, gonna take about 9 hours to print with almost-unsafe-but-mostly-works speed settings. (even though the calculation on the printer itself says it should be 7.5 hours, I know from my previous print of the same size that it's false)

And here's my previous print, although thanks to someone else's hard work. Yeah, kid dropped it 5 seconds after finding it on my table, so RIP. Front left suspension shattered to about 6 billion pieces, couldn't find enough to glue back together. And I'm deffo not printing it again like this (9h print, a pain to clean up the supports). I'll try to cut up the model and only print the shattered bits but I might say eff it, too much effort, and use my cheapo 3d pen to "print" some sorta suspension to hold the wheel on. L:14.1cm

1635119222548.png

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Good point,...No one ever replies to this poor lonely post. Its so sad that there are zero responses to this 1020 page thread :glorious:
Most unloved thread known to man.......Poor thread.:o7:
I know I for one have never replied to this thread. Especially several dozen times in a row. Would be a crime to post so many times, one after the other.

I guess this thread will go down in the history books as the least liked thread in existence.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Small size test print! Damn I wish I had some other color resin than black, can't see shit.
Heyy BossMan @Montoya , I heard you like 400is, and I also heard you like gold! Should I spray this black n gold instead of white?

IMG_20211026_014917.jpg
IMG_20211026_014932.jpg
IMG_20211026_014545.jpg

There are some serious issues with Hull integrity, some parts like the top rear deck flexes like a cheap remote button, and there are double-hull layers trapping fluid inside, but otherwise its pretty much okay. Even the side guns printed fine but they were smaller then the thickness of the supports and I alao forgot to add geo to connect them to the Hull lol

Forgot your password?