Please don't like my thread-campaign

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Fuck, it's Monday again!

Weekly mission: figure out how t F can I get popping/crackling bath salts for me kids, without having to buy single-use packets of that shit for a fortune. I checked amazon, no luck, checked Ali, no luck either. I'm guessing it's the same thing that they put into the candy, just rougher/larger chunks of the stuff.

Weekly side quest: get a bottle of whiskey off of someone as payment for 3d printing em somthin. I'm all out of the good stuff, all i got left is this frankly horrible Jameson IPA Edition, it's nrealy empty, and it's not even mine lol

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
What about soap suds? Let the brats play in bubbles. When my oldest kid was like 2, we spent a week at my parent's house. They had a jet propelled electric bathtub, my son didn't think much of - until I put probably way too much soap suds in the water for that kind of tub. It berried him. He loved it.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Fuck, it's Monday again!

Weekly mission: figure out how t F can I get popping/crackling bath salts for me kids, without having to buy single-use packets of that shit for a fortune. I checked amazon, no luck, checked Ali, no luck either. I'm guessing it's the same thing that they put into the candy, just rougher/larger chunks of the stuff.

Weekly side quest: get a bottle of whiskey off of someone as payment for 3d printing em somthin. I'm all out of the good stuff, all i got left is this frankly horrible Jameson IPA Edition, it's nrealy empty, and it's not even mine lol
My first thought was that puffed rice cerial which crackles when you add milk. In retrospect, a stupid idea.

How about crush (but dont power) some Seltza tablets. no crackle but a bunch of fizz i think its Bicarb of soda or something which makes it bubble. Just make sure there is nothing in it which will make the water too acidic or indeed there isnt any medicen in the tablets which you dont want going in your kids either via mouth or skin... also if generating carbon dioxcide its heavier than air so too much will sit in the bowl of the tub and make a suffocating layer.

Erm... Might not be something you want to home-grow with all these risks... actually the official versions are starting to sound sketchy, too...

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
What about soap suds? Let the brats play in bubbles. When my oldest kid was like 2, we spent a week at my parent's house. They had a jet propelled electric bathtub, my son didn't think much of - until I put probably way too much soap suds in the water for that kind of tub. It berried him. He loved it.
That's a given. Bubbles are awesome! Having a ton of bubbles is a bare minimum these days for the kid washing session if I want to avoid complaints lol
Adding water coloring tablets is a special occasion but not that rare as those are cheap enough.
Adding the pop rocks is a once a week at max thing but still I'd rather optimize the cost and acquisition of that stuff if possible.

My first thought was that puffed rice cerial which crackles when you add milk. In retrospect, a stupid idea.

How about crush (but dont power) some Seltza tablets. no crackle but a bunch of fizz i think its Bicarb of soda or something which makes it bubble. Just make sure there is nothing in it which will make the water too acidic or indeed there isnt any medicen in the tablets which you dont want going in your kids either via mouth or skin... also if generating carbon dioxcide its heavier than air so too much will sit in the bowl of the tub and make a suffocating layer.

Erm... Might not be something you want to home-grow with all these risks... actually the official versions are starting to sound sketchy, too...
I love how you overthink this, yet how close you are to how the real stuff works! Lol

Puffed rice is a no go, it tastes too bland, and if not fully consumed it would clog the drains. and I'd rather not add condiments to bath water cos of dilution, imagine the amount of ketchup I'd have to use!

I remembering seeing a YouTube short about how they add the poping to the candy, and I think it is indeed co2 ( or maybe it was just nitrogen?). Anyways tiny pockets of gas gets captured in the crystalizing process and once the candy starts to melt in your mouth it's released, which gives you the little explosions.

And the above made me realize I got a friend who runs a confectionery, maybe she has access to the stuff that goes into candy, thus I could give that a try if it works in the bath as well!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
That's a given. Bubbles are awesome! Having a ton of bubbles is a bare minimum these days for the kid washing session if I want to avoid complaints lol
Adding water coloring tablets is a special occasion but not that rare as those are cheap enough.
Adding the pop rocks is a once a week at max thing but still I'd rather optimize the cost and acquisition of that stuff if possible.

I love how you overthink this, yet how close you are to how the real stuff works! Lol

Puffed rice is a no go, it tastes too bland, and if not fully consumed it would clog the drains. and I'd rather not add condiments to bath water cos of dilution, imagine the amount of ketchup I'd have to use!

I remembering seeing a YouTube short about how they add the poping to the candy, and I think it is indeed co2 ( or maybe it was just nitrogen?). Anyways tiny pockets of gas gets captured in the crystalizing process and once the candy starts to melt in your mouth it's released, which gives you the little explosions.

And the above made me realize I got a friend who runs a confectionery, maybe she has access to the stuff that goes into candy, thus I could give that a try if it works in the bath as well!
Sounds like a plan! Best of luck.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Prices in the US seem to be up in the clouds too, so I looked online. I was thinking (read: I got bored) this should be a simple recipe, since kids can bathe in it...
I dunno about either of these, but maybe?

First link has way too much advertizing.

Second, no words just how to make it.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixZyTpV9mCI

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
What a day. Am finding Samsung's phone support and repair procedures to be frustrating. Luckily it seems after attempting to visit two repair locations and being told they can't fix the phone Samsung sales is going to exchange it for a new one.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
What a day. Am finding Samsung's phone support and repair procedures to be frustrating. Luckily it seems after attempting to visit two repair locations and being told they can't fix the phone Samsung sales is going to exchange it for a new one.
Xcuse moi for being so verbose. I'm having a rough couple of weeks and typing out meaningless things helps.

Well, at least it ends well, you do get to have a new working phone without having to pay, so your struggles were kinda worth it!
Getting a fresh phone isn't as much of an issue as it used to be since google backups seem to work rather well these days. I used to loath moving over to a new one, it was a multi-day process.

Would never ever buy a Samu for myself.
For the reasons you stated, and also everything else. Expensive, bixbi, hate the generic boring shape, stupid custom ui on some, pricey to repair out of warranty if at all possible... It's the apple of android phones, but not as convenient or streamlined for your below avarage user.
Some family members have em. Some were given high end models as work phones (Galaxy S something, fingerprint sensor died in 2 weeks), others bought cheap models like the A6 but could've gotten anything else cos they are just the most basic users. They all had stuff I had to try and fix for them. Mostly UI and settings stuff but damn I hate it.

I remember with my wife's Nokia (Microsoft) having to dance back and forth between the official repair shop (a small hole in the wall) and the shop I bought it from (large tech chain). No one wanted to accept it for repairs, they were pointing fingers at each other. Then finally after some official stamps from the big shop the small shop had to accept it. They took 6 weeks to send it out to the next town over where the repair facility was, have it officially stamped dead, and have a new one released to me from inventory which they already had in the shop. It was ridiculous.

The opposite of that was when I directly dealt with Microsoft sales about their very cool but very badly designed smart watch 2. It was such a beauty, I loved it, it was also very cheap off of ebay even as new. After about two weeks, I learned why.
The battery was in the clasp opposite the face. The rubber strap had the battery lines running inside it and it tore where it connected to the face. Even if the power lines weren't torn and it would turn on, the signal lines for charge state were, so it became a paperweight. I talked to MS CS 4 times for 4 watches over chat, never had a receipt or warranty papars or anything, they didn't care. The serial numbers were under warranty in their database, so they just sent the UPS guy to pick it up, got it exchanged, and that was that. On my last exhange I got a bit screwed though, I was given a check for 120 bucks as they discontinued the product. I bought the thing for like 50.
Problem is, I live in the EU. Checks are basically illegal!
I could've opened an account with a local bank in USD, gone through a background check, and had the check cashed out. But, the cost of all that would've been closer to 200 bucks with taxes and fees and whatnot, and also would've taken 3-4 weeks at least! By the time I got the thing in the mail, it had like 3 days left till it expired. So I didn't bother.
If an updated version of that watch existed without this issue, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I have zero real need for one, just like anyone else who wears a smartwatch doesn't really need one, and it would be totally useless with windows phones gone (the best phones I ever had). I don't even wear normal watches anymore or any accessories, but I would wear that.
But that's always what happens to MS hardware. They made awesome joysticks, best in the business (the FFB sidewinder 3d pro is still unmatched to this day), they made the best all-purpose mice ever, period (intelli mouse explorer), by the end they made truly amazing smartphones for the price (Nokia 925 and upwards).. all sold off, dead, discontinued at the very last step before true greatness.

I'll stick with my used Razer2 for as long as I can. I know it's not on the cutting edge anymore (although the 120hz screen is still kinda unique ) but it does everything I want it to.
It might need a restart every 2-3 weeks cos the hacked-on g-camera app breaks, and as it's getting older I have to charge it once midday as well as at night, but that's the worst I can say about it. I will try to do a battery swap if it gets real bad, it should be super easy, barely an inconvenience! If I can find one for it...

Also DO NOT buy a Mi Note 6. My mother in law is on her 3rd in 6 months. It bricks the board just randomly. At least the shop she got it from took it in for repairs without any argument, sent it out to a proper repair shop, and sent it back to her after a mobo swap, free of charge.
By this point I hope this one breaks fast so she gets to exchange it for something of the same or higher value. Consumer protection laws FTW!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Xcuse moi for being so verbose. I'm having a rough couple of weeks and typing out meaningless things helps.
I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a time my friend.
If you ever need an ear, reach out. If you ever need a scotch drinking buddy, reach out. If you ever need a drunk flying partner to crash ships which, I'm also here for that.

I have no idea why I'm only being notified about new posts in this thread once every 5 or so posts?
I was pages behind; no notifications at all. Ugh

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

Well, at least it ends well, you do get to have a new working phone without having to pay, so your struggles were kinda worth it!
Getting a fresh phone isn't as much of an issue as it used to be since google backups seem to work rather well these days. I used to loath moving over to a new one, it was a multi-day process.

Would never ever buy a Samu for myself.
For the reasons you stated, and also everything else. Expensive, bixbi, hate the generic boring shape, stupid custom ui on some, pricey to repair out of warranty if at all possible... It's the apple of android phones, but not as convenient or streamlined for your below avarage user.
Some family members have em. Some were given high end models as work phones (Galaxy S something, fingerprint sensor died in 2 weeks), others bought cheap models like the A6 but could've gotten anything else cos they are just the most basic users. They all had stuff I had to try and fix for them. Mostly UI and settings stuff but damn I hate it.

I remember with my wife's Nokia (Microsoft) having to dance back and forth between the official repair shop (a small hole in the wall) and the shop I bought it from (large tech chain). No one wanted to accept it for repairs, they were pointing fingers at each other. Then finally after some official stamps from the big shop the small shop had to accept it. They took 6 weeks to send it out to the next town over where the repair facility was, have it officially stamped dead, and have a new one released to me from inventory which they already had in the shop. It was ridiculous.

The opposite of that was when I directly dealt with Microsoft sales about their very cool but very badly designed smart watch 2. It was such a beauty, I loved it, it was also very cheap off of ebay even as new. After about two weeks, I learned why.
The battery was in the clasp opposite the face. The rubber strap had the battery lines running inside it and it tore where it connected to the face. Even if the power lines weren't torn and it would turn on, the signal lines for charge state were, so it became a paperweight. I talked to MS CS 4 times for 4 watches over chat, never had a receipt or warranty papars or anything, they didn't care. The serial numbers were under warranty in their database, so they just sent the UPS guy to pick it up, got it exchanged, and that was that. On my last exhange I got a bit screwed though, I was given a check for 120 bucks as they discontinued the product. I bought the thing for like 50.
Problem is, I live in the EU. Checks are basically illegal!
I could've opened an account with a local bank in USD, gone through a background check, and had the check cashed out. But, the cost of all that would've been closer to 200 bucks with taxes and fees and whatnot, and also would've taken 3-4 weeks at least! By the time I got the thing in the mail, it had like 3 days left till it expired. So I didn't bother.
If an updated version of that watch existed without this issue, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I have zero real need for one, just like anyone else who wears a smartwatch doesn't really need one, and it would be totally useless with windows phones gone (the best phones I ever had). I don't even wear normal watches anymore or any accessories, but I would wear that.
But that's always what happens to MS hardware. They made awesome joysticks, best in the business (the FFB sidewinder 3d pro is still unmatched to this day), they made the best all-purpose mice ever, period (intelli mouse explorer), by the end they made truly amazing smartphones for the price (Nokia 925 and upwards).. all sold off, dead, discontinued at the very last step before true greatness.

I'll stick with my used Razer2 for as long as I can. I know it's not on the cutting edge anymore (although the 120hz screen is still kinda unique ) but it does everything I want it to.
It might need a restart every 2-3 weeks cos the hacked-on g-camera app breaks, and as it's getting older I have to charge it once midday as well as at night, but that's the worst I can say about it. I will try to do a battery swap if it gets real bad, it should be super easy, barely an inconvenience! If I can find one for it...

Also DO NOT buy a Mi Note 6. My mother in law is on her 3rd in 6 months. It bricks the board just randomly. At least the shop she got it from took it in for repairs without any argument, sent it out to a proper repair shop, and sent it back to her after a mobo swap, free of charge.
By this point I hope this one breaks fast so she gets to exchange it for something of the same or higher value. Consumer protection laws FTW!

Ya I hade the note9 loved it but since samsung discontinued support and thus no new security patches I had to upgrade for work. It is one of the advantages of android in that I can have one phone and have two separate profiles instead of having to deal with two phones. As for the phone I can't part from it any more even to sent it in for repairs as it acts as a key fob for the car, holds lots of keys for authentication as well as allowing me to go with out my laptop.

What's funny is while most of the keys are easily transfered by the apps them selves rsi key requires me to remove the old then add a new one.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
What's funny is while most of the keys are easily transfered by the apps them selves rsi key requires me to remove the old then add a new one.
I've seen the same problem with probably same RSI app ... can't transfer if you get a new device, you need a new key instead. I keep running into people with a 5 and 6 year old device on their desk because they don't remember how to install it - while they have a brand new $800 phone in their pocket.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik

I've seen the same problem with probably same RSI app ... can't transfer if you get a new device, you need a new key instead. I keep running into people with a 5 and 6 year old device on their desk because they don't remember how to install it - while they have a brand new $800 phone in their pocket.
Ah yes, same issue for me with having keys attached including the cars.

I removed the rsi app as it was annoying, is it even a thing still? But I added a normal Google Auth key instead once that was an option, can't that just transfer over the same as other keys?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I removed the rsi app as it was annoying, is it even a thing still? But I added a normal Google Auth key instead once that was an option, can't that just transfer over the same as other keys?
I remember USB keys and you had to keep that on your keychain or something in order not to lose the key. That was nasty when you had more than a few. Everyone was attaching their keychain to their PC or laptop. Then the laptop would get stolen with the computer keys and your car keys... annoying. You lose your security, and your ability to drive to the bar to get pie eyed at the same time.

In network security, it's often explained as a triangle: Something you know, Something you have, and Something you are.

The RSI app just provides one of the steps in the triangle for VPN's, but there are other ways of doing it. Some other companies have their own VPN tech. But these don't protect apps... they protect networks and computers.

If you need app and website protection, you need a different set of tools: That's where OpenID and OAuth2 come in. Those are the passwords that you can store in a vault or on Microsoft, Google, etc. Your password isn't used to log into thee app... you need the password to get get a token that is stored temporarily, every time you log in - or refreshed if you're still logged in during the token's expiry. You need that token to access the service, otherwise you get a login screen. Good security dictates you need another factor ... something you have... so we most often use your cell phone to send you a key that you need to repeat in the login, but you can also use other ways.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?