Polaris First Impressions

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I'm so glad that I've added a Polaris to my Exploration Pack that also currently includes my Carrack Expedition & Perseus as well as 2 others that I'm still looking into CCU upgrading into something suitable for the pack.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Cool, is that a video you are in and those are your first impressions, or one you like and agree with?

What were/are your own personal first impressions? Mine is: "BBBBBIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGG!" and puts me at great expectations for my Endeavour as it's another 33 meters on top of what the Polaris is. Personally little interest in the ship otherwise but I have different intentions for gameplay in the 'Verse.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Cool, is that a video you are in and those are your first impressions, or one you like and agree with?

What were/are your own personal first impressions? Mine is: "BBBBBIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGG!" and puts me at great expectations for my Endeavour as it's another 33 meters on top of what the Polaris is. Personally little interest in the ship otherwise but I have different intentions for gameplay in the 'Verse.
Yeah, based on what I've seen of the Endeavor so far, when fully kitted out, it won't surprise me if some of them aren't somewhere in length between a Jav & a Bengal.

I used to believe that the Endeavor would be the last of the backlogged ships to be brought into the Verse before official launch due to all of the various features & functioned required to have it be complete. However, given that CIG is now starting to talk about official 1.0 requirements yet not saying what those will be & not even mentioning beta in the process, I have no idea what to expect anymore.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I am still grieving over the loss of the holodisplay on the bridge of the Polaris. I’m happy to enjoy the release we have here, but I am seriously distraught that they sold this 8 years ago as the attainable group ship for mercs, with the benefits of a tactical display that would make the position of the comms officer deeply important.

The holodisplay is supposed to give those who view it the best view of the battlefield, and enable those with to outperform those without. It’s a key technology that disciplined gamers who follow orders can use for significant tactical advantage.

It’s not like the display on the 400i, which isn’t even on the bridge. Placed where it is, that display can’t reasonably be expected to have an influence on battle.

I’m sure some feel I’m making too much of it, but my concern is, CIG for some reason can’t manage the tech and we may never see it. Whatever the cause, I am still deeply disappointed. It feels like being cheated one more time, and reminds that there was never good cause for removing the blast cover from the Carrack bridge, except it made things easier for CIG.

I’m happy the ship is coming soon. I’m not happy with what they’ve done to it. Makes me sad.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I am still grieving over the loss of the holodisplay on the bridge of the Polaris. I’m happy to enjoy the release we have here, but I am seriously distraught that they sold this 8 years ago as the attainable group ship for mercs, with the benefits of a tactical display that would make the position of the comms officer deeply important.

The holodisplay is supposed to give those who view it the best view of the battlefield, and enable those with to outperform those without. It’s a key technology that disciplined gamers who follow orders can use for significant tactical advantage.

It’s not like the display on the 400i, which isn’t even on the bridge. Placed where it is, that display can’t reasonably be expected to have an influence on battle.

I’m sure some feel I’m making too much of it, but my concern is, CIG for some reason can’t manage the tech and we may never see it. Whatever the cause, I am still deeply disappointed. It feels like being cheated one more time, and reminds that there was never good cause for removing the blast cover from the Carrack bridge, except it made things easier for CIG.

I’m happy the ship is coming soon. I’m not happy with what they’ve done to it. Makes me sad.
I really hope it can impress you still even without that feature or that it makes a surprise come back, but yes I definitely get your drift we've all got that one ship above all others we hope they don't mess with or change too much... I already had it happen to the 350r which is not the ship it once was, although it's still nice it's lost a bit of... Something... I'm preparing myself for whatever happens to the Endeavour too.

Forgot your password?