Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I hate to be a me too, but I'll gladly say "ME TOO!"
#metoo bitches!
Excellent. Beer, bitches, bombs and babes (that's for you Mrs. Owl). What could go wrong?
CR: Has Operation Pitchfork started?
ST: Yes. We have a problem, though.
CR: Vanduul wiped everyone out already?
ST: Uh, no, Chris, actually the Vanduul are on the ropes.
CR: I guess the Kingship will have to carry the day.
ST: The Kingship lasted 23 seconds. It took 743 size 10 torpedoes hits and almost twice that in size 9 torpedoes.
CR: ... We should have made the Polaris limited quantities sooner.
Hahaha, this is great!

Now I want a Polaris again. FML!

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
I wonder how this "limited quantity" works when every ship will be purchasable in-game? Has there been any word on that? Is it just that they cost 20 billion UEC and good luck grinding that, or do you have to wait in 3 month Queue at some shipyard for your polaris to get ready?
Reputation? Limited ships on sale? And of course those 20 billions UEC and waiting for the shipyard if the ship is not in stock yet ;-p

Reactions: Blind Owl

Nightlane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 26, 2017
RSI Handle
Nightlane
No artificial constraints but all the ships will be affected both by scarcity and the in-game economy.

It's all still super in the works but rarer/more expensive ships (Banu Merchantman, captured Scythe, all the capital ships, etc) will have much longer manufacture times than your bog standard Cutlass or Freelancer.

Even variants may be different- CIG at one point (ages ago, just as an example) said that the Cutlass series would be produced by Drake at a 70% Black, 20% Red, 10% Blue ratio.

And I would hazard a guess that the 500 or whatever amount of Polares (Polarii? Polarises?) made per day/week/month, the ones used for insurance replacements will be used before the rest go on the open market.

A Capital ship is and should be a big investment, and CIG has been pretty consistent with saying that they will take a good chunk of resources to operate. So it stands to reason that acquiring one would be more strenuous as well.
Big investment to crew, but it should pay its own bills and give you great benefits.

About artificial constraint, CIG told that 890 jump will have this type of constraint, so only one per month is sold, or something like that. Like most of things CIG said, it is from long ago and subject to change.

This works for me, and it's part of the reason why I have some of the ships I have. It gives me something I like to crash while something else is getting repaired. But as far as any of the capital ships are concerned, I'm more likely to want to be part of the crew rather than the owner.
It would be just as fun for me, and when if it blows up the emotional and disappointment train takes the track to empathy instead of panic and rage.

Plus, if it was needed, I can do trade and mining runs to help pay for the loss. If I'm on the crew of a ship that blows up, I wouldn't have a problem doing my share of the work to help get the ship back.
The train of empathy is a sympton of intelligence.

About being crew or owner, I was thinking on being both: lend my ships to others, get a %, and live leisurely.

@Slagg It would be nice if there were skins in general. I'd paint mine all black. ;)

Makes it look even more evil!!
Evil is trending!

umm...who's crewing all these ships? AI?
Arlson is a good player but I think he is not enough to crew all these ships.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
I think the Polaris is an excellent ship as always expensive to fire and use but delivers real pain. (Okay so that's still only on paper so who knows?). I did have a CCU but have given up on the polaris dream as I only want one pseudo military corvette and decided I prefer the Nautilus because I do not want the silly hanger (All that space to carry one ship makes sense for a patrol craft but the space would be better used for extra weopons for a military craft)>.

Forgot your password?