Polaris *not* the Gamescom reveal

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
or so Ben mentioned on the most recent 'Bensday with Batgirl'. To clarify, another ship is being revealed at Gamescom. The hint is CitizenCon is the Polaris reveal.

I dislike single source, or instance, statements. Anyone heard otherwise? I'll IM Ben directly.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I think it will be the terrapin as well. I would also bet that they modify their original description of the ship to make it a starter mining ship. Something with very limited capacity and lesser mining equipment compared to the prospector.
Betting a small salvage ship.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
Betting a small salvage ship.
This ^^^

Also we have a starter miner already. That's the Prospector because u really cant get much smaller than a crew of one and 16 CU of storage space. I do however feel a one person salvage is much more likely or u can load it up with explosives and make it a really heavy HE round...

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
They already said the Argo will have a salvage variant. I'm still betting on mini miner
The Argo is just a mini tendership with no quantum capability. Yes it can do small tasks if brought to an area but its not an entry level ship as it requires a more advanced ship to ferry it.

The Terrapin will probably be this entry level salvage ship. As it will be able to traverse solar systems and jump points all by itself. Having a thick hull will be great for salvage operations as rogue fragments from breaking the derelict apart will probably rain down upon you.

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
The Argo is just a mini tendership with no quantum capability. Yes it can do small tasks if brought to an area but its not an entry level ship as it requires a more advanced ship to ferry it.

The Terrapin will probably be this entry level salvage ship. As it will be able to traverse solar systems and jump points all by itself. Having a thick hull will be great for salvage operations as rogue fragments from breaking the derelict apart will probably rain down upon you.
I guess we will find out next week.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
or so Ben mentioned on the most recent 'Bensday with Batgirl'. To clarify, another ship is being revealed at Gamescom. The hint is CitizenCon is the Polaris reveal.

I dislike single source, or instance, statements. Anyone heard otherwise? I'll IM Ben directly.
This is the vid.

To be honest, I'm more looking forward to 2.7. The current hype around Polaris and 2.5 leaves me cold, more or less.

Forgot your password?