Polaris *not* the Gamescom reveal

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Didn't they mention something about either allowing folks to upgrade existing Hornets into MK2's or making the MK2 a skin that you could swap in and out?
Body kit but it doesnt offer any of the benefits of the mk2. So no extra mounts or aerodynamics etc etc.

The Razgriz

Vice Admiral
Jul 24, 2016
RSI Handle
The-Razgriz
Body kit but it doesnt offer any of the benefits of the mk2. So no extra mounts or aerodynamics etc etc.
Ehh. It sucks missing out on the gun mounts, but I don't think the extra aerodynamics will be a huge loss. Last time I checked, there wasn't a lot of air in space. It would be nice though, with the better aerodynamics, if they added a racing Hornet. There is a precedent for war birds becoming racers. All you really gotta do is strip the weapons and armor, then add either a bigger engine or a second one (similar to the Origin 350R) and paint it up all purdy.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Ehh. It sucks missing out on the gun mounts, but I don't think the extra aerodynamics will be a huge loss. Last time I checked, there wasn't a lot of air in space. It would be nice though, with the better aerodynamics, if they added a racing Hornet. There is a precedent for war birds becoming racers. All you really gotta do is strip the weapons and armor, then add either a bigger engine or a second one (similar to the Origin 350R) and paint it up all purdy.
Its not aerodynamics but rather thruster placement, the MK2 has the more central to the core making it able to turn quicker and react faster. The hornet won't ever be a racer, because it's a heavy pig. I can almost guarantee that the substructure of the hornet is nearly solid metal and still heavy as fuck. It's like taking a tank and trying to make it a WRC car.

Reactions: AstroSam
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Anvil Terrapin?

Interesting, originally it was Aegis.

I fully support less Aegis ships tbh, we have fuckloads of em. Anvil deffo needs a ship in between the Carrack and Hornet/Gladiator.
It makes sense that aegis has so many and anvil so few. Anvil is a newer company that specialized in carrier based fighter and bombers. Later they got into the carrack and such. Aegis is a older company that during the messer era, bribed corrupt politicians for almost all the contracts. More recently aegis lost the stinger killer contract by the uee to anvil.

Point is that anvil should have a few carrier based craft along with a few others but are excellent at what they do. Aegis has a ton of older ships and their new ships are decent but not uee naval accepted

Last edited:
Forgot your password?