Poll: Sell the Org Redeemer and put it towards the Polaris?

Melt Redeemer, put it towards Polaris?

• Melt that shit!

Votes: 99 91.7%
  • Keep the glorious hair straightener!

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The Redeemer was the winner of the Next Great Starship competition of 2014.

This was a fan created ship that won the grand prize and get to be included in the game.

We did a org funding drive and purchased it for $250.

"the Aegis Redeemer is a powerful fighting ship capable of holding its own in combat with a powerful weapons payload. Dotted with turrets and missiles, the Redeemer also doubles as an armored landing craft capable of delivering armored soldiers for first person combat"

- source https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/redeemer/Redeemer

Reasons I would consider melting it:

The Redeemer has been left behind in terms of development. Its style does not really fit in with current ship designs, nor is CIG really in rush to bring it up to specs with the latest ships.

Its role as a troop carrier is not unique, the Warden and other ships can all do it, but I suspect that they will make this one single role the focus of the Redeemer, much like the 350R is focused on racing.

With the Polaris being confirmed for next week in the $650 - $850 range, I want to gauge the orgs interest in melting the hair straightener and putting the funds towards a larger multicrew ship.

Let me be very clear that we do not NEED more ships for the org, we have so many members with completionist packages that we will never be short of anything.

Vote away!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I voted to melt that shit.
I think a Polaris is more suited to be in the org's fleet. Everybody has Redeemers and other small ships. What we need is SIZE, to allow for glorious multi-crew action and jolly co-operation!
Bigger ships, to compensate for our small...egos.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I have no idea what kind of ship the polaris may be.
Unless i havw more info on it, i can't vote.

It's bigger and more expensive, therefore we MUST HAVE IT.

But seriously, while I think it would be better to have a Polaris than a Redeemer,
a) we will probably have fucktons of people that melt off smaller ships (Redeemer, Reclaimer, BMM, Orion, etc etc)
b) let's wait to see if its a good price:performance ratio
c) it's also going to be "babies first capital ship" so most likely it's attainable for a single person, or more easily an individual squad.

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
I personally think the in-game pricing will be so exponential that the *best* pre-beta investment is simply the largest ships we can acquire. Honestly, an Idris for ten times the Freelancer? We'll never see that good of a deal again.

So the in-game value of the Redeemer will go up, but the in-game value of the Polaris will skyrocket. Get the Redeemer as needed in game. Get the Cap ships and the 1st tier utility ships *now*.

I mean, if you have to make a choice... ;-)

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
The bigger the ships owned by TEST as a group the better for us all - instant access to capital level equipment is going to provide us with a glorious advantage on day one, in both equipment and experience terms. Additionally, we're probably looking at LTI for it - Idk about you guys, but an asset that size that we don't have to worry about loosing in combat is going to give us an insane edge if push comes to shove and we need bait / a rear guard / to ram any moons..

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Forgot your password?