[POLL] Who here is U.S. Military ?

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Hello, putting together some care-packages for our American men and women.

Please let me know if you are Active-duty in the Military.

Please let me know if you are a Veteran as well.

To all of you who are deployed oversea's and away from your family, please know that our thoughts are with you and we are deeply appreciative of your sacrifice.

Mods, if you could please sticky this, move to announcements perhaps, that would be extremely awesome. Because we are getting a late-start this year we will obviously not be able to make everyone's packs by Xmas but we will still be sending a few out.

Next year however, I got something super special for you badass American Hero's.

Thankfully,

Zero

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Desert Storm vet here, its nice to see people helping out those overseas during the Holidays.
Well sir, thank you very much for your service. Means a lot to me personally. Have a lot of family and friends both active-duty and vets.

Peacetime Vet, U.S. Army Reserves / Active duty 89-91. Never deployed.
Delayed entry program, hence the 3 years. Shattered ankle on leave after Infantry School.
Roger that! Added you to the list sir :) And of course, thank you for your years of service :) Where are you now? Germany? I forget!

Anyway, happy holidays to you both!

Agent_Mothman

Space Marshal
Aug 8, 2014
RSI Handle
CubCadet1972
Roger that! Added you to the list sir :) And of course, thank you for your years of service :) Where are you now? Germany? I forget!

Anyway, happy holidays to you both!
No, Central New York state. I'm a Home Care Nurse. Used to be an exterminator.

the first 2 years of my service were while I was still in high school. I enlisted at 17, Boot camp at Ft Riley, One of my Drill sgts pointed out an enormous lie in my contract, and helped me switch to Active duty. When I graduated HS, I had to attend reserve drills until the Army decided what to do. I had an endorsement from a politician that helped me. I had to agree to go active duty, infantry, and try for either airborne, or ranger. I went home on leave after infantry school, and tripped on my brothers skateboard that he left in the doorway.

That's all she wrote.

Last edited:
Reactions: CitizenDad

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
You know my story... Currently deployed to Africa but have done my time in Iraq as well. Army reserves now and enjoying my off time as a civilian working in the government sector as well. Former infantry and was combat engineer but within my 10 + years in I decided to switch over to PSYOP about two years ago. So jack of all and master of my own. Giggidy.

It is true that I love lamp.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Active duty Air Force, in San Antonio, TX.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
You know my story... Currently deployed to Africa but have done my time in Iraq as well. Army reserves now and enjoying my off time as a civilian working in the government sector as well. Former infantry and was combat engineer but within my 10 + years in I decided to switch over to PSYOP about two years ago. So jack of all and master of my own. Giggidy.

It is true that I love lamp.
Care pack left earlier today! @Montoya arn't you from Africa?

And PsyOps is awesome bro. Propoganda makers win more wars than bombs do LOL.

Stay Frostry bro!

Active Duty Marine Corps here. Living in beautiful Okinawa, Japan ^_^
Shoot me a PM with your contact info if you want sir. We will get something out to you soon as I can.

Active duty Air Force, in San Antonio, TX.
Another package headed your way, with a little power-up inside ;) What do you do in the AF btw? Just curious. And don't forget about my Fermi bro!

No, Central New York state. I'm a Home Care Nurse. Used to be an exterminator.

the first 2 years of my service were while I was still in high school. I enlisted at 17, Boot camp at Ft Riley, One of my Drill sgts pointed out an enormous lie in my contract, and helped me switch to Active duty. When I graduated HS, I had to attend reserve drills until the Army decided what to do. I had an endorsement from a politician that helped me. I had to agree to go active duty, infantry, and try for either airborne, or ranger. I went home on leave after infantry school, and tripped on my brothers skateboard that he left in the doorway.

That's all she wrote.
That is an awesome story. And did you kick your brothers ass? Also, I re-installed BF2 PR the other day, have not played yet. Oh, did you work for Orkin? I just hired them to do a ton of work on some rentals we have.

Again, thank all you American Hero's.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Well you all know me :p not US but a New Zealand Army reservist currently serving full time instructing on a basic training.

To all my brother and sisters in uniform, especially those on active duty, or deployments, I wish you a merry christmas, and happy new year and asafe return, Ill hoist a pint (or several) for you, and you will be in my thoughts.

On a more sober note I would like to send a shout out to the family and friends of all my brothers, sisters and friends who will never come home. This year, especially those of CPL Nathan Cirillo.

Anyway, Merry christmas all, Dont drink and drive (in the real world), crash safely, and Ill see you all next year, horrifically hungover and ready to cause trouble ;)

Agent_Mothman

Space Marshal
Aug 8, 2014
RSI Handle
CubCadet1972
That is an awesome story. And did you kick your brothers ass? Also, I re-installed BF2 PR the other day, have not played yet. Oh, did you work for Orkin? I just hired them to do a ton of work on some rentals we have.

Again, thank all you American Hero's.
No, it was just a stupid accident. The company I worked for was a small regional company, now owned by Erlich.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Care pack left earlier today! @Montoya arn't you from Africa?

And PsyOps is awesome bro. Propoganda makers win more wars than bombs do LOL.

Stay Frostry bro!
Remember American's do not make propaganda, the enemy does. We make product ;)

Also big Army and DoD can't come to agreement so currently we are MISO (Military Information Support Operations) because it sounds friendlier to nations. But the rumor mill is that we are changing once again.... we have identify problems.

Captain Easy

Commander
Nov 19, 2014
RSI Handle
captaineasy
Retired U.S. Navy.

First field command was Operation Deep Freeze. After that I became a Sub-Hunter in P-3 Orion's. Retired and worked as a military contractor for Lear Seigler Inc.

Now I'm just retired...

I salute you for what you are doing sir. And to all the active duty and veterans thank you for your service. That includes all of our brothers and sisters in uniform, no matter what flag you wear on your shoulder.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Retired U.S. Navy.
Working and living around Navy I have one question for you... Do Chief's normally outrank Generals? And do Chief's normally have no responsibilities and command skills? Conversation I had recently:
Me: "Wait your a Chief (only and E7) and the most people you had to command was 10"
Her: "Yep... and that was when I was a IT3"
Me: "Your shitting me so hard that it hurts to be near you... Chief of nothing" (She runs like MWR trips or something here... how is that even a job. But she is pretty on the eyes.. or at least a Desert Rose)

And cause... reasons:

Captain Easy

Commander
Nov 19, 2014
RSI Handle
captaineasy
@Dalarast, no, A Chief doesn't outrank an Admiral (Navy Rank). But every officer in the Navy knows that you don't screw with Chiefs. When it comes to making everything work smoothly rank doesn't always come into play. Working for MWR is important but doesn't require a lot of Command leadership. A Chief will normally have more responsibility than most middle management leaders. Plus you should consider that it is a Master Chief that is the Commanding Officers right hand man.

And a beautiful woman...well, it doesn't matter what they do or where they do it when they are skilled and capable. Women Rock!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Another package headed your way, with a little power-up inside ;) What do you do in the AF btw? Just curious. And don't forget about my Fermi bro!
No worries, your 570 will be out of my computer and in the mail as soon as I return to San Antonio. I'm a linguist, but right now I've just been assigned to my new base, so they're probably going to have me on details for several months before I actually start doing anything.

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Happy Holidays to you all and a marry american christmas to all as well!!

Just arrived at PDX, busy couple weeks ahead of me, probably be off the grid. No one send me any packages yet as we have moved 1000 miles and have new addresses.

You guys all rock!

halfsane

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2014
RSI Handle
halfsane
Army National Guard for 6 years. Never deployed, though most of my friends I served with were multiple times. I got a bit lucky if you will... My battalion was on 'lock down' because we were getting a ton of new equipment and vehicles and needed time to train up on all of it. They asked for volunteers on numerous occasions, but being in school, I never raised my hand. I have been out for about 7 years now.

Forgot your password?