Possible Anvil Arrow for this years concept sale?

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
Link wont load for me, says it failed me and to refresh but it doesnt want to work sadly.

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
I think its a snub of some type. I mean, it has less armament than the P-52 Merlin. Also, while i know snub's shouldn't have Q-drives, I think maybe CIG will change their mind on that. J-drives of course no(there isnt a J-drive listed for this ship either). That's my vote, Anvil snub fighter.

Xenorak

Grand Admiral
Jul 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Xenorak
I think its a snub of some type. I mean, it has less armament than the P-52 Merlin. Also, while i know snub's shouldn't have Q-drives, I think maybe CIG will change their mind on that. J-drives of course no(there isnt a J-drive listed for this ship either). That's my vote, Anvil snub fighter.
Eh I kinda enjoy getting myself stuck in space in my snubs on occasion, if anything I'd love for them to rework the P52 to allow the 20mm gun to be swapped out for other, comparable ballistic weapons. I'd kill to be able to mount a 30mm Cannon or even just another repeater in place of it, as much as I love Brrrrrrrt it seems like an ill-suited weapon for a snub-fighter whose job is to deter enemy fighters from attacking their host-ship.

Plus a rework of the cockpit to seat the pilot higher would do wonders for visibility, as half the time I can't even see the target because the ship itself is in the way, loads of guesswork.

Reactions: Deroth

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
here's my take based on the components listed,

I expect this to be a Gladius competitor. slightly lighter on weapons, but more resilient. I've seen people say the weapons are all twinned on turrets or gimbaled, none of this has displayed evidence.

listed per Arrow shared ship
- CF-117 K&W size 1 Aurora LN
- Scorpion GT-215 GTS size 2 Gladius
- cooler BRACER size 1 grade 3 Gladiator
- power plant REGULUS size 1 grade 3 Hornet/Gladiator
- qdrive BEACON size 1 grade 1 Hornet
- radar ECOUTER size 1 grade 1 Hornet
- shield ALLSTOP size 1 grade 3 Gladiator

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I like the idea of it being Anvil's attempt at a solo hauler, but Anvil being Anvil it would boil down to basically a more hardy Mustang.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?